Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Droyer posted:

These look amazing, is there anywhere that lists all the released ones and upcoming ones? a quick googling gets me nowhere.

Could try asking around the Gunpla and TF threads over on /toy/ and /m/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Went toy hunting to kill some time tonight. Hitting the TRU, Walmart and Target that are all next to each other. Tru had swoop, so that's one off my list now. Not a terrible start

Still hoping for a grimlock somewhere

Edit no dice dickeye sad. Might order the wave 1 bundle from bbts, because I don't own a starscream of any kind yet either

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 27, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen Grimlock at three Targets in the last week, I think wave 1 is saturating and should be easier to find now. Price on Amazon has been hitting $25 every few days.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

I've seen Grimlock at three Targets in the last week, I think wave 1 is saturating and should be easier to find now. Price on Amazon has been hitting $25 every few days.

Mine are always tapped out of poo poo I want and every time I look at Amazon its 45 bucks

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

No Ramhorn at my Five Below :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Mine are always tapped out of poo poo I want and every time I look at Amazon its 45 bucks

Set up a price alert using one of the available apps, I bought numerous TFs that way last year.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

Which ones? The Dreads from Dark of the Moon?

Yes, and TLK.

We really need toys of Dreadbot and Hatchet, since there are not enough Transformers that transform from vehicle to a quadruped or from robot to a VW Bus.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The Dreads seem to owe more to black stereotypes than to the Predator, from what I can see, but that's pretty much par for the course with the Bayformers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Looks like Zoids is coming back with a new anime and toy line, interestingly at a smaller scale than what the franchise normally has focused on(although it's far from the first time the franchise has done small scale stuff)

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Counterpoint, don't do this under any circumstances.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fsmhunk posted:

Honestly those boards are actually not all that bad by 4chan standards

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly those boards are actually not all that bad by 4chan standards

They're great if you want to read the words SJW and cuck and aren't't really that bothered about the whole 'toy' thing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

The Dreads seem to owe more to black stereotypes than to the Predator, from what I can see,
Okay, I’ll take the bait.

How so?

No seriously, I never made the connection with them being related to black stereotypes other than perhaps the fact that their vehicle modes are black I guess?
Then again I never really associated them with Predator either, but between their fangs and dreadlocks I guess I can see the resemblance.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

No Ramhorn at my Five Below :(

Same.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fsmhunk posted:

They're great if you want to read the words SJW and cuck and aren't't really that bothered about the whole 'toy' thing.

I won't deny that trend isn't incredibly obnoxious

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

drrockso20 posted:

I won't deny that trend isn't incredibly obnoxious
That's a triple negative dude.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Okay, I’ll take the bait.

How so?

No seriously, I never made the connection with them being related to black stereotypes other than perhaps the fact that their vehicle modes are black I guess?
Then again I never really associated them with Predator either, but between their fangs and dreadlocks I guess I can see the resemblance.

Black SUV gun-toting hitmen with dreadlocks in the series that gave us Skids and Mudflap? Not as blatant, but it's there. And all the imprisoned Decepticons in TLK are different varieties of black stereotypes in prison. It's Bay's bread & butter.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
accepted my fate and put in preorders on bbts for the wave 2 dinobots, now to just keep hunting for grimlock

hopefully i get a price alert on amazon before i break down and just order both wave 1 voyagers

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Figured I'd sweep into the Toys R Us in Woking yesterday to browse their selection before they close down and the sum total of their PotP stock was one Micronus. Twinfernos, Tripticons, TR Megatrons, the Cyclonus & Scourge Platinum collection plus various Rescue Bots, Robots in Disguise & a poo poo load of movie toys

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Black SUV gun-toting hitmen with dreadlocks in the series that gave us Skids and Mudflap? Not as blatant, but it's there. And all the imprisoned Decepticons in TLK are different varieties of black stereotypes in prison. It's Bay's bread & butter.

Ehhh I think we’ll have to agree to disagree, especially on all of Megatron’s crew. I’ll give you Mohawk, but the others? I’m not seeing it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

With the dreads, the color of their vehicle modes probably matter less than the fact that they transform into law enforcement vehicles like Barricade.

I wonder why movie Bumblebee never had a Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak repaint. He's the right shape, with the car hood chest and door wings. There was a Bayformers Smokescreen toy but it was a Jazz repaint.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fsmhunk posted:

Counter-counterpoint, The gunpla thread doesn't have any of the "SJW" and "cuck" nonsense that you're trying to pin on it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Counter-counterpoint, The gunpla thread doesn't have any of the "skeleton" and "cuck" nonsense that you're trying to pin on it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Counter-counter-counterpoint:

drrockso20 posted:

gently caress 4chan.

The gunpla thread that TaurusOxford linked is legit, though.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
There's a perfectly good Gunpla thread in ADTRW. Don't use 4chan.

Edit: Seriously, gently caress them. They're all Nazis or people who care about hobbies more than they hate Nazis, but I repeat myself.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Figured I'd sweep into the Toys R Us in Woking yesterday to browse their selection before they close down and the sum total of their PotP stock was one Micronus. Twinfernos, Tripticons, TR Megatrons, the Cyclonus & Scourge Platinum collection plus various Rescue Bots, Robots in Disguise & a poo poo load of movie toys
Yeah, it isn't great. I may have grabbed the last worthwhile bot in the place a few weeks back. They used to have loads of Cosmos and Seaspray though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You should all come hang out in the Gunpla thread and participate in the CSPAM Gunpla modelling challenges once you fall down the rabbit hole like the rest of us.

Gunpla is freedom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just snagged an Elita-1 at Target. Down to the two PMs and then on to wave 3!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i hate all of you that have stores that stock new things

are there any good chinesium/third party devestator sets out there?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i hate all of you that have stores that stock new things

are there any good chinesium/third party devestator sets out there?

There are a shitload, but I think you liked the Jinbao ones I posted on twitter. This is for the first set of three, they'll run like 150-180 all told: https://www.showzstore.com/no-box-jinbao-oversized-devastator-navvy-amp-bulldozer-scavenger-amp-bonecrusher-set-a_p0529.html

There are these that are cheaper and complete but not as good: https://www.showzstore.com/pre-order-nbk-devastator-tf-engineering-full-set-of-6_p0532.html

There are these that are even cheaper and even worse: https://www.showzstore.com/yuexing-devastator-full-set-of-6_p0538.html

This one is very expensive and probably good: https://www.showzstore.com/toyworld-tw-c07c-constructor-devastator-clear-version-full-set-of-6-figures_p0509.html

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo, what was the arc before Death of Optimus Prime where Megatron does all sorts of badass fighting against a planet-sized conglomerate of bots all melded together?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Chaos I think.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Amazon warehouse has grimlock for 27 bucks for used - very good condition

What are the odds he's going to be all hosed up slash missing pieces before I pull the trigger

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Amazon warehouse has grimlock for 27 bucks for used - very good condition

What are the odds he's going to be all hosed up slash missing pieces before I pull the trigger

If he is just return him. Very Good should not be that messed up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just go for it.

I've rarely had that go wrong and like Comfor said, it's easy to return.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Ehhh I think we’ll have to agree to disagree, especially on all of Megatron’s crew. I’ll give you Mohawk, but the others? I’m not seeing it.

You're not seeing how the gold-chain wearing thug prisoner Decepticon is a stereotype? Okay. It's there, I promise. Bay traffics in racial stereotypes on a minute to minute basis. He thinks it's funny and/or inclusive, to hear him talk about it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Comfortador posted:

If he is just return him. Very Good should not be that messed up.

Burkion posted:

Just go for it.

I've rarely had that go wrong and like Comfor said, it's easy to return.

done and done

last question i swear, do any of the Perfect Effects kits come wiht instructions? im eyeballing the one to bulk up volcanicus' thighs/waist and give him a baller sword, but i dont want to order it and get parts i dont know how to use

fake edit

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There are a shitload, but I think you liked the Jinbao ones I posted on twitter. This is for the first set of three, they'll run like 150-180 all told: https://www.showzstore.com/no-box-jinbao-oversized-devastator-navvy-amp-bulldozer-scavenger-amp-bonecrusher-set-a_p0529.html

There are these that are cheaper and complete but not as good: https://www.showzstore.com/pre-order-nbk-devastator-tf-engineering-full-set-of-6_p0532.html

There are these that are even cheaper and even worse: https://www.showzstore.com/yuexing-devastator-full-set-of-6_p0538.html

This one is very expensive and probably good: https://www.showzstore.com/toyworld-tw-c07c-constructor-devastator-clear-version-full-set-of-6-figures_p0509.html

how fuckin tall is that jinbao one

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 27, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes the PE kits come with instructions. Sometimes a bit unclear but the Volcanus kit looks simple enough to install.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

Yes the PE kits come with instructions. Sometimes a bit unclear but the Volcanus kit looks simple enough to install.

thank poo poo, i've been staring at the one that looks like an alternate bottom jaw/chest piece and trying to figure out how it would install for ten minutes now, and also the forearm pieces

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

You're not seeing how the gold-chain wearing thug prisoner Decepticon is a stereotype? Okay. It's there, I promise. Bay traffics in racial stereotypes on a minute to minute basis. He thinks it's funny and/or inclusive, to hear him talk about it.

Which gold chain wearing one? Onslaught and Nitro Zeus sound like white guys (because that’s who voiced them), Berserker talks about sucking veins so I guess you’re saying Michael Bay thinks black peoples are raging vampires, and Dreadbot is covered in Christmas lights and doesn’t take the bank money (which kinda plays against the stereotype of “impoverished black criminal who commits crimes to get money”).

Like I said, I’m not seeing it. Are they all thugs? Yeah. Are they all black thugs? I think you’re projecting a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Doesn't one of them literally have the hip hop name across the knuckles rings?