Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Kild posted:

Which moon though?

have we ever seen more than 1 moon in the sky or has anyone mentioned multi-moons in the story? that image has me thinking that maybe the world believes in the geocentric model. or that could be an antique from when people believed in the geocentric model. they are archaeologists, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
the ohara observatory had like 6 moons of various sizes rotating around the one piece world and one is probably uranus and the other pulling reverse mountain or some poo poo

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lpzie posted:

have we ever seen more than 1 moon in the sky or has anyone mentioned multi-moons in the story?

No and no.

That one image is literally it, and it's contradicted a lot by events like Enel going to the moon and seeing the world and no other moons, or heck most recently with Carrot seeing one full moon and no others.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

if vegapunk is such a genius how come he hasn't discovered the heliocentric model yet????? gol d. roger disproved flat earthers but some say he climbed the red line and cheated. confirm????

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Man, when the Hell are we gonna get to see Vegapunk anyway? He's been talked about for well over a decade now and we haven't even seen the guy's face. I doubt it'll be any time soon, there just isn't a good place to fit him in during the near future that I can see.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Man, when the Hell are we gonna get to see Vegapunk anyway? He's been talked about for well over a decade now and we haven't even seen the guy's face. I doubt it'll be any time soon, there just isn't a good place to fit him in during the near future that I can see.

obv with this upcoming xx00

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

We're 100% going to see him when Tashigi and the kids from Punk Hazard visit him to cure their gigantification. We even got a check in with them after Dressrosa to confirm that yes they are still on their way to meet Vegapunk.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

mabels big day posted:

The moon being a weapon would be great because enel could be back in the story, and also LuNa would be canon

This is hilarious! Every single time I said that Uranus would be Enel on the moon with his Super army the posters would crawl out the woodwork to say I was insane, well WHO's laughing now you jabronies? :shepface:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

drjuggalo posted:

the ohara observatory had like 6 moons of various sizes rotating around the one piece world and one is probably uranus and the other pulling reverse mountain or some poo poo

Maybe its a geocentric model of the system theyre in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Parrotine posted:

This is hilarious! Every single time I said that Uranus would be Enel on the moon with his Super army the posters would crawl out the woodwork to say I was insane, well WHO's laughing now you jabronies? :shepface:

its less stupid than nanomachines or powering up whitebeard by stabbing him

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Parrotine posted:

I guess everyone since it's not real?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Do we get One Piece this week?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Do we get One Piece this week?

yes

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

guys those aren't moons, it's just a geocentric model of onepiece world. geez. they're planets.

Your guys One Piece astronomy really worries me sometimes.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think one of those planets is Dragon Ball world? Or maybe Toriko world?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jose posted:

its less stupid than nanomachines or powering up whitebeard by stabbing him

I've seen these two things posted a lot, what's the story?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

top 10 anime battles: enel vs monster carrot (until the moon blows up and they both die)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Nanomachines is a mostly joke theory about Blackbeard's dead twin fetus he absorbed, which is why he can have multiple devil fruits. Obviously false because he's clearly a mythical Cerberus zoan.

Squardo stabbed Whitebeard to power him up.

They're pretty self-explanatory, really.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Nanomachines didn't have anything to do with Blackbeard. When Borsalino was first introduced some guy came here totally sure that his power was because of nanomachines. Because Vegapunk. Or something.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The way I recall it the theory was that by stabbing Whitebeard, Squardo injected him with nanomachines to power him up.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Snazzy Frocks posted:

the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle
of his chest

in the stab wound

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bisse posted:

The way I recall it the theory was that by stabbing Whitebeard, Squardo injected him with nanomachines to power him up.

It gets crazier every time I hear it

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The Truth is in the Pudding as they say. Well, atleast until she opens her eye.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Nah. The Toriko world is actually our own world after millenia of alien food preparation. And if Dragon Ball Earth was nearby, a Dragon Ball character would have noticed the nearby inhabited planet.

As an aside, it really annoys me that shonen manga worlds never seem to have names, unless they're called Earth despite clearly not being our world.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ahh, so it’s a mystery reason

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

this is something i wont let go bc i was ruthlessly attacked by that one weirdo rear end mod and ppl in this thread a bunch BUT here is how it goes:

1. nanomachine: kizaru wasn't a light logia. he had nanomachines. this is fully it, it was insanely retarded.
2. squardo stabbed whitebeard not because of any trick or betrayal but because he needed to rev whitebeards engine to attack the marines.

this thread was dumb as gently caress for like several years in a row

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tbp posted:

this is something i wont let go bc i was ruthlessly attacked by that one weirdo rear end mod and ppl in this thread a bunch BUT here is how it goes:

1. nanomachine: kizaru wasn't a light logia. he had nanomachines. this is fully it, it was insanely retarded.
2. squardo stabbed whitebeard not because of any trick or betrayal but because he needed to rev whitebeards engine to attack the marines.

talk about massive overgeneralization lol

everyone dunked on those theories super hard and rightfully so, you're still just as dumb and bad as you were back then it seems tbp

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Captain Invictus posted:

talk about massive overgeneralization lol

everyone dunked on those theories super hard and rightfully so, you're still just as dumb and bad as you were back then it seems tbp

Nah he's cool. I like his posts more now than I did back in the pre-timeskip days.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

tbp posted:

hell, even still this thread is occasionally dumb as gently caress

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's going to be nanomachines eventually, i swear it. . . ye o' lil faith

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Aren't all cells biological machines when you think about it? :thunk:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lpzie posted:

it's going to be nanomachines eventually, i swear it. . . ye o' lil faith

squardo's power up hasn't taken effect yet. nanomachine zombie whitebeard is the true final boss of one piece

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the nanomachines was kizaru, the stabbing was just some shonen damage taken = power beserker thing

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lord save us from this break.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

you can say that about any break, its just this break is after a period of particularly low actual content

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Ahh, so it’s a mystery reason

toriko world is connected to dragon ball and one piece worlds by mystery islands so this checks out

also this thread is routine plagued by posters with parrot avatars, why is it always parrots

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Cuchulain posted:

also this thread is routine plagued by posters with parrot avatars, why is it always parrots
Because parrots ride on a pirate's shoulder.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

guess the breaks got the power up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uldor
Feb 23, 2009

Gear... Fourth!
Chapter 896 Spoilers

Title :The Last Wish

Fighters from the Big Mom crew are ready to fight since they are expecting Luffy to run away from Katakuri and take Brûlée with him and come out of the mirror world.

Sanji is hiding and sees all that. The moment Luffy comes out of the mirror world; Sanji plans to take Luffy with him, thinking that they have to run away as quickly as possible. Sanji expresses his gratitude to Pudding, and she wants to apologize to him but her stubbornness prevents her doing that. Sanji says that he’s glad that Pudding was his fiancé, and at that moment, she starts to cry. She says that she has a last wish for Sanji and takes away his cigarettes.

Luffy was able to dodge Katakuri’s attack, while Luffy’s attack connected. But Luffy is at his limit and falls down from the broken floor. Katakuri is at his limit too and collapses to the ground. Luffy wakes up and climbs up from the place he fell down. But Katakuri is there. He asks Luffy if one day he will come to defeat Big Mom and Luffy answers “Of course! I will be the man to become Pirate King!” Katakuri answers that Luffy is sure able to look very far ahead to the future and collapses.

The mysterious saviour Nazomuzu had already captured Brûlée. Nazomuzu is obviously Pekoms and even Luffy knows it. The promised time has arrived, so the fighters are expecting Luffy to come out of the mirror.

END

Source: 2ch