Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HisMajestyBOB posted:

But then how will you connect it to the IoT so I can control it via an app on my phone?

Ex... extremely carefully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

New thread title: OSHA: Derailed trains and threads.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grape posted:

You've never been anywhere near a northern city have you.

No but I know all the words to "Life In A Northern Town"

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Grape posted:

You've never been anywhere near a northern city have you.

Yeah, it's a capitalist paradise

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PainterofCrap posted:

Yeah, it's a capitalist paradise

>Google image search
>Suggestions for this picture: "more than one in three houses in this area cook meth on their back porch"

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

british people are the worst drivers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

british people are the worst drivers

Have you ever been in Italy or China? (I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess: no.)

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
see also: Greece

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
India, Cambodia, PDR Laos, Thailand and Vietnam are countries I've been to that make the driving in England look sedate and professional by comparison.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Hey friends, I’m helping put together a party for international safety day (done very much in the style of this thread) and I’m combing through the threads trying to find the best videos and signs for it. If anyone wants to link me to some of the greatest hits or has a personal playlist of their own id be into that. I’m especially looking for videos where something completely unexpected happens, big fiery explosions because someone did something dumb, and generally funny videos, nothing too ghoulish. Also its April 28th if anyone here is in brooklyn and wants to come!

Two words: Staplerfahrer Klaus

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Keiya posted:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
The aforementioned Klaus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChOHnSL7ZCg

How about other old safety videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXeFPpPJeI

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 28, 2018

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
There are a few RiffTrax shorts that might work, Shake Hands with Danger, Live and Learn, and 10 Long Minutes being three I can think of off the top of my head. There may be unriffed versions around (pretty sure Shake Hands with Danger is on YouTube at least), but the riffed ones are cheap enough and also hilarious.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Were there any other Goon OSHA/Goons are dumb as hell incidents other than:

1. Zip line of death
2. Groverhaus
3. The bathroom renovation where the guy wrecked the engineered beams in his floor (currently goldmines look up “builder grade disaster” or something.)

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

There was the basement pool.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
i feel like killdozer should count

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Three-Phase posted:

1. Zip line of death
2. Groverhaus
3. The bathroom renovation where the guy wrecked the engineered beams in his floor (currently goldmines look up “builder grade disaster” or something.)

The Hawaiian commune

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't think the Texarrakis people were goons -- maybe one was? -- but that was definitely OSHA.html (or would have been if any of them had an occupation to speak of)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Does the fingat guy count? It wasn't really a saga so much as dude at hospital posting.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The guy who wired up his cable tv feed to the mains (because his neighbour was stealing it), and may have caused a fire at a different neighbour.
The one who wanted to build a cool underground base out of shipping containers, though I think he was dissuaded from doing so by the DIY forum before he crushed himself to death.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

final fantasy house

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Keiya posted:

B-b-but that's three words... :eng99:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

backpanther is not technically OSHA but maybe he was driving to work?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

phenazepam

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

trapped mouse posted:

i feel like killdozer should count

Except killdozer worked as intended

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

double osha if those russian paramedics had turned up to a job site

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah okay, until you Yankees get your own poo poo(lol) in order, you don't have any ground mocking the South.
Fix your own problems first.

Didn't Southerns have to be taught how to build outhouses because they got anemia/hookworms from walking barefoot around their making GBS threads spot?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Didn't Southerns have to be taught how to build outhouses because they got anemia/hookworms from walking barefoot around their making GBS threads spot?

Some parts of alabama are back up to 30+% infection rates anyway

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's more that many areas of the South are giant swamps with terrible drainage than that southerners don't know how to dig a poopin' hole.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Three-Phase posted:

1. Zip line of death
2. Groverhaus

Segakiller.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It's a tragedy that so many of the zipline pictures are dead.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/ZNJp2d1.mp4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Three-Phase posted:

Were there any other Goons are dumb as hell incidents other than:

quote:

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction" 

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

>Google image search
>Suggestions for this picture: "more than one in three houses in this area cook meth on their back porch"

I was gonna say they need like actual insulation construction because it looks like they live in a cold place.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elysiume posted:

It's a tragedy that so many of the zipline pictures are dead.

A handful got saved:

The FYAD thread snagged a few posts too:

quote:

When we started planning, we asked for an engineer but was told there wasn't money. It's like this: the director wanted a zipline, and asked us to build one on a specific area. We can build anything, - but don't always get to have input as to whether or not we should build it - and all along we were saying "I sure wonder how this is supposed to stop." No one was surprised when the first test weight slammed into the pole, and by then all the money for the project had been spent.

Autism Sundae posted:

We had a very productive couple of days Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, we sat down and did some math:

g*143=.5v^2

95.67fps or 65mph. We knew that from this thread (thanks Doddery Meerkat). So we decided that maybe 15mph might be a little more sane, so we plugged that in for v and solved for &;H. We came up with 7.5 feet. Yeah, that's right, we overshot the optimal height by 19x. Good for us.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Low carb thread counts.

:colbert:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Guy getting banned for saying, "Hey maybe don't drink soup made from chunks of lard."

Other goon with cholesterol so high you could use his blood to caulk tile.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The TCC mod that said "Hey maybe you should try Acid" instead of other drugs was a pretty good one too.

Harm Reduction :lsd:

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 28, 2018

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/K2QLmtJ.mp4

does murder fall under the purview of osha

You have a bunch of wet concrete and you're already going to have to screed it again, entombing that rear end in a top hat in that pad forever is like ten seconds more work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least they finally did the maths and sent a dummy mass down the line before it could kill someone. Did they "fix" the zip line or dismantle it?