Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

sexpig by night posted:

every time trump learns about how the DOJ works he hates it and thinks Sessions is lying to him

I know people are tired of hearing this, but this feels like kabuki theater. Theory: by tweeting this, he’s distancing himself from Sessions and OIG before they start hammering all bad actors. Trump simply can’t appear the least bit aligned with either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

we should replace the president with one of these and see how long it takes for anyone to notice

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Naerasa posted:

Hey can the goon in here whose wife is a teacher let us know if she's got a spare 132 hours around to earn an extra $500?

mmm luv to earn 3.79 per hour

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

These tools are common and popular because they allow courts and PDs to discriminate using illegal metrics like someone having a neighbor who is a felon, but not like white crime felonies if you know what I mean. Also if your dad went to jail and poo poo like that

They're absolutely irredeemable tools of the police state and white supremacy so of course bad Dems are pushing them

James Carville's wife straight-up lays out the game in that article. BTW James Carville helped to talk the Democratic mayor of the city into signing this deal.

quote:

Matalin, who is also a political consultant, made it clear to Krasny that the prediction work being done with NOPD by the Palo Alto firm was both a prototype and potentially could sweep up innocent people.

“We’re kind of a prototype,” said Matalin. “Unless you’re the cousin of some drug dealer that went bad, you’re going to be okay.”

"Don't worry, white people!" is essentially what she's dog-whistling here.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

lol one time stipend

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Quotey posted:

I know people are tired of hearing this, but this feels like kabuki theater. Theory: by tweeting this, he’s distancing himself from Sessions and OIG before they start hammering all bad actors. Trump simply can’t appear the least bit aligned with either.

yeh trump is definitely a savvy operator making rational decisions

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol their plan is to essentially pay teachers ~$3.80/hr for months of training to carry a gun in a school and won't even commit to providing the gun. I'm guessing anyone who volunteers will already have a gun but still :laffo: A one time bonus of loving $500 what a complete joke

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

GobiasIndustries posted:

it's so awesome. iirc the elf was the first senator to endorse him, then trump decided he hated sessions once he got the AG job because like the one horrible thing sessions refused to do was investigate hillary. then the alabama senate race happened and trump blamed sessions for that too because he took the AG job which trump strongly encouraged him to take :laffo:

Trump doesnt give a gently caress about any of that and is still mad at Jeff Sessions cause he followed the law that one time and recused himself from the Russia investigation. Now there's no one to protect Donny from his crimes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus loving Christ, it's time to glass the entire world and hope that whatever comes after us is smarter.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

new kind of cat posted:

mmm luv to earn 3.79 per hour

Teachers would also have to buy their own guns, so it would end up being even less pay.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mormonpartyboat posted:

a "goblet" of piss, or a "flagon" of piss?

help @websters

hogshead of piss

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i dunno what teachers make in florida but i personally wouldn't take a one-time payment of $500 to become the prime target in a school shooting

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
listen u moron heres $500 and a gun you better go run in and shoot any body and every body that tries to come and stop you from doing your 1st (and primary job) or i swear ill make the president of the united states call you out in a tweet

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pead posted:

Teachers would also have to buy their own guns, so it would end up being even less pay.

lol that's unbelievably insulting

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

lmao there’s gonna be an incident where a white teacher that kills like 10+ “they were no angel” black kids with an ak-47 and it’s gonna be totally legal with a combo of this law and stand your ground

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Uh people would kill for that extra $500 make up your minds progressives

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

new kind of cat posted:

lol he really hates jeff

gosh, me too

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MAYO FETISH posted:

listen u moron heres $500 and a gun you better go run in and shoot any body and every body that tries to come and stop you from doing your 1st (and primary job) or i swear ill make the president of the united states call you out in a tweet

we only have enough guns for 1/5th of you so pick up a gun when a fallen teacher drops it

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Rocks posted:

lmao there’s gonna be an incident where a white teacher that kills like 10+ “they were no angel” black kids with an ak-47 and it’s gonna be totally legal with a combo of this law and stand your ground

There's also gonna be countless incidents where teachers pull guns on students to make them shut up, and nobody gets in trouble because the kids should've been listening.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MAYO FETISH posted:

only in america a mega chain called Dicks that sells various phallicly shaped items and products commonly associated with genuine sport but also male insecurity and overcompensation would be a part of the national discourse, the flashpoint in the literally deadly issue plaguing our nation

Dick's headquarters is in Pittsburgh

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

hmm

quote:

The Florida Army National Guard is composed of approximately 12,000 soldiers (as of March 2009).[2] The main state training grounds is Camp Blanding.
why is reality so loving dumb

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol let's not forget that the 500 bonus will be taxed.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Seriously they'd have been better off not offering any additional money at all, $500 is gently caress-you money. It's an insult.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh it turns out the solution was to mandate people to go out and buy guns

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
one or all of the following is guaranteed to happen if florida actually arms their teachers
teacher will shoot student
teacher will shoot other teacher
cop will shoot teacher when they arrive on scene
teacher will shoot cop when they arrive on scene

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

what the gently caress

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

TMMadman posted:

Lol let's not forget that the 500 bonus will be taxed.

good idea- tax credits for armed teachers anyone?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

Oh it turns out the solution was to mandate people to go out and buy guns

Glad you dumb libs are finally starting to get it

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

132 hours?? concealed carry permits require 8 hours lol. if they only trained for 8 hrs each weekend, it'd take 4.5 months to complete. definitely see a lot of teachers opting to do this...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

about $3.79/hour for the training and afterward your straight up volunteering to get into firefights w children for no compensation

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
i dint get it these peasants get 50 more dollars a month and carry a cool gun on the job but theyre still mad at me??????

Serf
May 5, 2011

jBrereton posted:

reminder that indiana jones tried to save her multiple times before she died solely due to her own sustained greed

indy made his choice obvs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anybody with a gun is getting shot on sight when cops show up, hope they cover that in their training

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
a 132 hour shoot the white kid for a change course

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'd sign up and then never take my gun to school

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
when we decide to start a proper land war in *spins globe* chad, we're gonna have to draft teachers first

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Duscat posted:

i'm like 95% certain that the only reason donald trump missed the opportunity to have a solid gold toilet named America for his tweeting station is that his handlers managed to keep him unaware of the offer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJI-UeF6HDc

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

about $3.79/hour for the training and afterward your straight up volunteering to get into firefights w children for no compensation

Also it's taxed and you have to buy the gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
What're they gone do? Fire me? Ha

• Locked thread