Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Orv posted:

They are supposed to be "period appropriate" scopes, so I doubt you'll be making sick 1,000 meter plus headshots, but we'll see.

You could easily do a scope that was dirty/cloudy and had somewhat of a fisheye affect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Gonna drop the fun level severely if someone can hole up and glass me from half the map away.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Untrustable posted:

Gonna drop the fun level severely if someone can hole up and glass me from half the map away.

You can already do this it just takes a bit more skill. Both Montoya and I have hit people at Alice Farms and Port Reeker from the tower at Blanchett with the Sparks.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Regrettable posted:

You can already do this it just takes a bit more skill. Both Montoya and I have hit people at Alice Farms and Port Reeker from the tower at Blanchett with the Sparks.

Can confirm. Montoya and I ruined two guys at graves when Montoya was posted on top of a pile of logs at the lumberyard.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Can confirm. Sparks is your best friend to go out drinking with if dynamite isn't available.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

On the sniping note, is there bullet drop? I think there's travel time.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Tried Sparks for the first time and that poo poo is the bomb. Sniped four guys from the church bell tower.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Orv posted:

They are supposed to be "period appropriate" scopes, so I doubt you'll be making sick 1,000 meter plus headshots, but we'll see.

I was already roleplaying Munny/Ned killing some idiot kid with a lever action. Now I'll get to play Quigly?

Untrustable posted:

As noted above, it's not hard with the starter lever action, let alone some of the other stuff. Hell, my current record is a lucky head shot with the silenced Nagant at about 150 meters. Remember kids, don't silhouette yourself against the sky.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Never put it past gamers to get ridiculous kills with the most difficult of weapons.

Pubg pistol headshots anyone? From loving sniper range too.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Lol just played a game me and my partner heading toward the final clue and stumble upon another duo setting up by the exit. Panicked gunfight ensues, one guy loses his head, the other machete's my partner. I whip out my machete and we end up bashing each other double ko lmao

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Studio posted:

I don't think so. (80% confidence)

keyframe posted:

Tried Sparks for the first time and that poo poo is the bomb. Sniped four guys from the church bell tower.

:getin:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Montoya and I had a clean sweep last night. (8 hunters down)

Game start was fairly slow - get clues, run around, etc. etc. Butcher winds up being at Cypress huts. This is the one in the far SW and is flanked on the W / SW/ NW sides with waist deep water.

We approach from the east, staying low and quiet like the good hunters we are. Butcher is clearly aggro'ed and being shot. A second group is coming up from Davant Ranch area. Montoya pops one guy with the sparks, tanks a few hits like a champ while I clean up with the shotty.

At this point the Butcher guys 100% know we're outside and coming in, so Montoya and I rush them. They try to play peekaboo in the back, I rail one with the Sparks and Montoya drops down on the other guys head. We may have killed three here - it was kind of chaotic.

We finish up the Butcher and start banishment. I camp the roof while Montoya babysits inside. I catch a guy coming in all sneaky like and drop him - but I get sniped through the head and go down.

Montoya proceeds to Rambo the last three dudes while taunting them in local chat in his incredible British accent. We skip to the exits with the bounty.

Game is good.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So whenever I see people on Steam complain that they can't run a game I usually completely disregard it because most people don't have actual computers meant to play games more intensive than Peggle and are trying to run something on an integrated graphics card, but I have a pretty solid setup with an i7 and an 800-series Nvidia card and I can't get more than 12 fps out of the game. Had to refund it for now, but this is something I'd definitely like to come back to if I upgrade my graphics card before the game dies out

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So whenever I see people on Steam complain that they can't run a game I usually completely disregard it because most people don't have actual computers meant to play games more intensive than Peggle and are trying to run something on an integrated graphics card, but I have a pretty solid setup with an i7 and an 800-series Nvidia card and I can't get more than 12 fps out of the game. Had to refund it for now, but this is something I'd definitely like to come back to if I upgrade my graphics card before the game dies out

You need a high 900 series at a minimum right now. I have a 1080 and it runs 60+, so that might be overkill especially given prices at the moment.

Related: I calculated my PC appreciated in value over the past year since I built it.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
When you unlock Tier 2 hunter recruits do they all come with more than 100 health?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

keyframe posted:

When you unlock Tier 2 hunter recruits do they all come with more than 100 health?

Most I've seen are default 125 - but Montoya said he had one starting at 100. The best thing about them is that they can bring some fun goodies you don't have access to yet - like the Caldwell uppercut.

Also they look so much better than Tier 1, with better camo.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Montoya proceeds to Rambo the last three dudes while taunting them in local chat in his incredible British accent. We skip to the exits with the bounty.

"Av that Dickhead!!!"

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Most I've seen are default 125 - but Montoya said he had one starting at 100. The best thing about them is that they can bring some fun goodies you don't have access to yet - like the Caldwell uppercut.

Also they look so much better than Tier 1, with better camo.

Yeah some dudes come with 100hp but then have other goodies like the above to make up for it. Those with 150hp seem to have lovely lower end weapons and stuff like torches/flares.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You need a high 900 series at a minimum right now. I have a 1080 and it runs 60+, so that might be overkill especially given prices at the moment.

Related: I calculated my PC appreciated in value over the past year since I built it.

I don't know if I lucked out but I'm running it fine with an AMD FX 8320 and a Radeon HD7950. I built this computer like 4 years or more ago. I'm confident enough in the performance I've gotten that I bought it from GMG because of the discount so I can't even get a refund.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Studio posted:

No, there is not.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
On another sniping note, what’s the ranged damage drop off like? Feels like I’ve peppered guys at range before and they’ve gotten away to heal.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

It's pretty severe. Shooting people a little outside of a guns range will do much less damage but if they're far outside of it they'll just start bleeding.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Regrettable posted:

It's pretty severe. Shooting people a little outside of a guns range will do much less damage but if they're far outside of it they'll just start bleeding.

Shotguns get especially wank after certain ranges with the Sawn off Romero 77 earning a special mention.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

deported to Canada posted:

Shotguns get especially wank after certain ranges with the Sawn off Romero 77 earning a special mention.

Sawed-offs are basically melee range for full effectiveness. Their benefit is they can be equipped as a secondary without quartermaster. As soon as you get quartermaster, get a standard length barrel shotty, preferably the double barrel.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Game is good. I had a few minutes to try out a solo match right after buying it. It's very pretty and atmospheric. I grabbed three clues in quick succession and snuck down to the Butcher's lair, creeping around really slowly, only to turn a corner right into the guy. RIP, hunter dude. Your death furthers the cause.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah this is going to be a flame out, they already got the cash. There isn't any subscription.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Grognan posted:

Yeah this is going to be a flame out, they already got the cash. There isn't any subscription.

The gently caress are you talking about?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Went to the crematorium during banishment phase and two pubbies were talking about their plan on open mic on where they will exit and where they will run. The last words they said before I blew them away with my double barrel was "hey we should keep quiet , I think others can hear us if they are close"

I love this game. :allears:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

keyframe posted:

Went to the crematorium during banishment phase and two pubbies were talking about their plan on open mic on where they will exit and where they will run. The last words they said before I blew them away with my double barrel was "hey we should keep quiet , I think others can hear us if they are close"

I love this game. :allears:

He wasn't wrong.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Grognan posted:

Sorry, this isn't the Star Citizen thread!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Also it's a game that exists that you can play.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I call this short comic based from real events: "The futility of life."

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Reminds me of the time I knife and hammered my way through five hunters and the spider before eating a shotgun blast.
The proximity voice makes murder simulator so much sweeter. "Where is he oh FUCKHESHERE! - "

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I call this short comic based from real events: "The futility of life."

This is a piece of art. Poor dude had nowhere to go.

Still can't understand how they didn't hear the window break. Although it does give me flashbacks to childhood and my Mum shouting "Why cant you use the door like a normal person!".

deported to Canada fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 28, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Dang, this sounds super good on paper. Is early access worth it? Watching some videos and I think I may buy in.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Zaphod42 posted:

Dang, this sounds super good on paper. Is early access worth it? Watching some videos and I think I may buy in.

Yes if you have a powerful PC. Probably if you have a good one. No for anything less.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Yes if you have a powerful PC. Probably if you have a good one. No for anything less.

To put it in perspective:
I run on a 3(ish) year old PC with an i7, a 980ti and the game installed on ssd (for load times more than anything)
I can't run it at 4k, obviously, but at 2560x1440 it chugs along nicely at mid-high settings.

For whatever reason some folks have a lot of trouble running the game on beefier rigs, so there's some PC voodoo involved until they get it properly optimized. I'd say it's worth picking up - if it doesnt run for you? Refund it. If it does, awesome!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

People issues getting this game to run properly seem to be related more to issues in hardware combination rather than good/bad hardware.

It's just pretty early days beta

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

How do Ts of mooks differ? I watched a stream, and I saw that T2s had better guns and abilities, but do they get anything else (Is there HP higher but represented with the same bars? Faster? etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Get a hunter 150 hp, get a machete and some stamina shots. Just run at people with the machete at full speed and listen to people freak out

Different tier hunters have different starting gear and as you tier up you get outfits that blend in better. No stat differences for a statted up tier 1 compared to a statted up tier 3 though