Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Caganer posted:

so fb is opting everyone into facial recognition

they already were and just not telling you :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ate all the Oreos posted:

they already were and were telling you years ago :ssh:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
yeah I feel like Facebook was auto tagging my face years ago

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
for like, a decade, at least.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

looking forward to facebook telling people their own faces aren't theirs because a stranger's fake profile looked more appealing to a neural network

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

My PIN is 4826 posted:

looking forward to facebook telling people their own faces aren't theirs because a stranger's fake profile looked more appealing to a neural network

Will this lead to a deadly face off? :ohdear:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Only if you're John Travolta.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
or nic cage

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Duo Finds SAML Vulnerabilities Affecting Multiple Implementations

code:
    <Assertion ID="_id1234">
        <Subject>
            <NameID>user@user.com<!---->.evil.com</NameID>
        </Subject>
    </Assertion>

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

that's so obviously dumb i'm surprised it wasn't fully documented as a feature

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol https://twitter.com/mattifestation/status/968656685765046272

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Yes, being able to read the documentation, a high level technique practiced by l33t hackers.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well it's certainly not practiced by developers

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

well it's certainly not practiced by developers
or the computer janitors

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

sadus posted:

Duo Finds SAML Vulnerabilities Affecting Multiple Implementations

code:
    <Assertion ID="_id1234">
        <Subject>
            <NameID>user@user.com<!---->.evil.com</NameID>
        </Subject>
    </Assertion>

Nobody thought of XML canonicalization :stonkhat:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

this isn't a secfuck but it's pretty funny

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Oh no, i would be devastated if facebook mistook me for someone else.

Just like i make absolutely sure to keep my interests accurate and up to date in google's ad preferences.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
The grey thread has been attracting a lot of flies lately.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my (fairly large) apartment complex company got bought out by an (even larger) other company and they just updated the rent paying portal to a completely new version. i noticed they were doing that bullshit where they catch paste events and prevent you from pasting in your account number so i went into the code to disable that and captured some of the POST's just to check em' out and hoo boy, the line item prices and total that i paid in rent are being sent in the POST body :thumbsup:

i'm not sure if it would actually change anything if i edited them (and I'm not going to try because I don't want to be loving evicted) but lmao

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Lain Iwakura posted:

The grey thread has been attracting a lot of flies lately.

I tried to be nice and helpful :smith:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

my (fairly large) apartment complex company got bought out by an (even larger) other company and they just updated the rent paying portal to a completely new version. i noticed they were doing that bullshit where they catch paste events and prevent you from pasting in your account number so i went into the code to disable that and captured some of the POST's just to check em' out and hoo boy, the line item prices and total that i paid in rent are being sent in the POST body :thumbsup:

i'm not sure if it would actually change anything if i edited them (and I'm not going to try because I don't want to be loving evicted) but lmao

You could try to overpay by a cent or something like that to see if it works.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

apseudonym posted:

I tried to be nice and helpful :smith:

Some are beyond help.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

overpay by a couple of hundred dollars, then take them to your local renter disputes court or whatever

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

mozilla.dev.security.policy > How do you handle mass revocation requests?

:munch:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

it's fine it's only 23k private keys, and they emailed it to digicert to prove they needed revoking

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Caganer posted:

so fb is opting everyone into facial recognition

not europeans

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

not currently available to you :canada:

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

incredible

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

it's fine it's only 23k private keys, and they emailed it to digicert to prove they needed revoking

Well, they sure as poo poo need it now.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
my boss wondered why i was sighing loudly earlier today...

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i want to believe there was some lovely discussion between the security engineers at trustico trying to explain why they didn't need to revoke the Symantec certs, just issue new ones from another provider and the CEO was like "nope im in charge and im taking this into my own hands" and welp

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
so uh... I'm gonna ask the dumb question here and say "why the gently caress would my SSL reseller have a copy of my private key to even email in the first place?"

If you're sending your private key along with the CSR, you're doing it wrong.

Edit: https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/968936949221294081

:stare: well then.. jfc don't generate your private keys via a web form

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 1, 2018

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

SeaborneClink posted:

so uh... I'm gonna ask the dumb question here and say "why the gently caress would my SSL reseller have a copy of my private key to even email in the first place?"

because apparently they generate it in the browser and hold it "in cold storage" for "revocation".

also they have 3rd party js on the page that generates the keys

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
either because they've collected them from compromised locations or their service was bad and required access to the private key for issuance which means they were compromised immediately.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

EVGA Longoria posted:

because apparently they generate it in the browser and hold it "in cold storage" for "revocation".

also they have 3rd party js on the page that generates the keys

lol that's so bad. javascript is the worst thing to ever happen to the internet.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Trustico with some hot cognitive dissonance takes on the mic

quote:

We didn't authorise DigiCert to contact our customers and we didn't approve the content of their e-mail. At no time had any private keys been compromised, nor had we ever informed to you that any private keys had been compromised.

quote:

Unfortunately, things didn't go very well for us today and we are extremely sorry for all the confusion and inconvenience that has been caused. We were relying on systems that would easily replace and issue SSL Certificates automatically, though that didn't occur and we ended up in quite a mess. DigiCert didn't work with us to understand the issues and resolve them, we felt we were at a dead end.

Edit: 4.9.1.1.3 cited as reason for revocation in the original email, for the curious

email to mozilla.dev.security.policy posted:

On 2/27/2018, at my request for proof of compromise, we received a file with
23k private keys matched to specific Trustico customers. This definitely
triggered our 24-hour revocation processing requirement under 4.9.1.1.3.
Once we received the keys, we confirmed that these were indeed the matching
private keys for the reported certificates. We will be revoking these
certificates today (February 28th, 2018).

quote:

4.9.1 Circumstances for revocation
4.9.1.1 Reasons for Revoking a Subscriber Certificate
The CA SHALL revoke a Certificate within 24 hours if one or more of the following occurs:

3. The CA obtains evidence that the Subscriber's Private Key corresponding to the Public Key in the Certificate suffered a Key Compromise or no longer complies with the requirements of Sections 6.1.5 and 6.1.6;

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 1, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SeaborneClink posted:

Trustico with some hot cognitive dissonance takes on the mic

Edit: 4.9.1.1.3 cited as reason for revocation in the original email, for the curious

That whole thread is a great read with the dawning realization of what a trash fire Trustico was with the “cold storage” of PSKs. Seems that was done without obtaining customer consent. There was also no indication of it being a technical reason (what that would be? No idea) since they also processed submitted CSRs just fine in addition to having the generator.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

quote:

And given that there's no evidence that Trustico has acknowledged this fact, or indicated any intent to change their business practices, then I believe it's appropriate for all CAs to immediately suspend or terminate their relationship with Trustico -- as any CA who continued doing business with Trustico would now be knowingly allowing Trustico to compromise the keys of the certificates issued under their hierarchy.

gif of the wrestling man falling over

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

CA's being bad? Oh poo poo it must be...any given day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Raere posted:

CA's being bad? Oh poo poo it must be...any given day

yeah but watching literal cartel members loving up and getting put out to pasture by their fellow oligopolists is kinda cool

• Locked thread