Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
35 pieces of bitcoinelry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheoBitcoin/status/968650549217415174

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How much was he spending on fentanyl a week?

How much does a shrink cost?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

How much was he spending on fentanyl a week?

How much does a shrink cost?
I don't even understand what he is accusing Bill Gates of. Bill Gates has an extremely accurate view of how poverty impacts things.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It should be @RonaldReagan. He did a whole lot more damage to the mental health system than...well anyone, I think.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Khorne posted:

I don't even understand what he is accusing Bill Gates of. Bill Gates has an extremely accurate view of how poverty impacts things.
apparently bill gates said something that tied bitcoin to drug deaths because of how it's been used for dark net drug purchases

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Uranium 235 posted:

apparently bill gates said something that tied bitcoin to drug deaths because of how it's been used for dark net drug purchases
Ah, yeah, he posted cryptos have anonymity baked in and that's bad because LEAs can't do their thing.

Even though the truth is bitcoin is less anonymous than any other form of payment I can think of.

No idea about monero.

Also, wouldn't that tweet mean Bill Gates was right?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 28, 2018

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Powershift posted:

"how a toronto man sold his condo to ISIS to avoid paying taxes and now faces money laundering and terrorism charges."

Inshallah

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

so by september a bitcoin will be worth -20000$ ?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

MrMoo posted:

That article does imply a fixed BTC price:

I saw it on the toronto star, think they had a quote from the real estate agent saying he was updating it daily. Either way, btc for house is bad.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

ilmucche posted:

I saw it on the toronto star, think they had a quote from the real estate agent saying he was updating it daily. Either way, btc for house is bad.

well he could buy a half mil of fentanyl and hitmen easier this way

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Steve Wozniak Says He Was Scammed Out of $70,000 Worth of Bitcoin
The Apple co-founder and multi-millionaire revealed at the Economic Times Global Business Summit in India this week that he had seven Bitcoins stolen from him.
Wozniak said he bought Bitcoin as an “experiment” back when it was selling for $700. Later he sold them to someone online who used a stolen credit card and canceled the payment, he explained at the summit.
“It was that easy!” he said.

http://time.com/money/5177969/steve-wozniak-bitcoin-scam-worth-stolen/

:allears:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lmao

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Risc1911 posted:

The Apple co-founder and multi-millionaire revealed at the Economic Times Global Business Summit in India this week that he had seven Bitcoins stolen from him.
Wozniak said he bought Bitcoin as an “experiment” back when it was selling for $700. Later he sold them to someone online who used a stolen credit card and canceled the payment, he explained at the summit.

If only he'd sold his bitcoins for bitcoins.... no chargebacks!

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Guy in my office sold 3 buttcoin for a ipad. Not sure who made the better deal there.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Risc1911 posted:

First of all, that guy obviously doesn't know anything about computers

Second of all, this is the bank's fault for allowing people to cancel payments, if he had done the transaction through a reputable site like CoinBase, he wouldn't have been at the mercy of bank tellers who swiped his money with the click of a button. Sad!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Saw an ad for some bitcoin exchange in the London tube today - I snortled at a sensible volume.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Just wait until the public finds out about bitcoin!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Paccoin just spiked 120,000%

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/paccoin

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
TO THE MOON

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my technical analysis is telling me to buy the teacup handle and wait to see how big the pour is

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

quote:

The Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into the cryptocurrency market, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

The newspaper reported that, as part of that investigation, the SEC has issued "scores of subpoenas" to obtain information from technology companies and advisors tied to the digital currency markets.

Sources told the Journal that the agency is looking into the structuring of initial coin offerings, which are not as heavily regulated as public offerings.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/sec-launches-probe-into-cryptocurrency-market-wall-street-journal-citing-sources.html

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

bill gates is a hypocrite because the b&m foundation uses and gives grants to crypto (factom) which is anchored to the bitcoin blockchain

go long

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

also he invented computers and poo poo and you can't order drugs off the dark net without computers

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

actually i send my darknet purchase requests via US Post

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
brussels is at it again

https://twitter.com/superglaze/status/968522017883480064

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

zaurg fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 1, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

What was this? What has zaurg done now?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

drat son you can't even save a post

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

The World’s First Three Dimensional Blockchain

The World’s Most Secure Digital Currency

Satellite Mesh Network

Distributed Topology

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Risc1911 posted:

He should be perfectly fine with being scammed. Jobs did it to him before they'd even started Apple.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Like woz is gonna lose any sleep over 70k

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Someone update the chart, woz is anti-bitcoin, probably doesn't understand computers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Either that or woz realizes he has to be the one scamming and creates wozcoin

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

SelenicMartian posted:

He should be perfectly fine with being scammed. Jobs did it to him before they'd even started Apple.

I don’t think he’s complaining that he’s being scammed and more concerned with letting people know how easy it is. Woz is a cool dude.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Fiat currency has lost 97 percent of its value since the establishment of the Federal Reserve in 1913

Nocoiners are the real bagholders

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Alan Smithee posted:

Either that or woz realizes he has to be the one scamming and creates wozcoin

It'd never happen if he was the slightest bit honest when writing the I Woz book, that thing is basically a textbook example of someone that was being abused but didn't realize it :(

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sentient Data posted:

It'd never happen if he was the slightest bit honest when writing the I Woz book, that thing is basically a textbook example of someone that was being abused but didn't realize it :(

What are you talking about? That book rules. The only thing that struck me as odd was when he said the WWII bombings on Japan were a good thing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

Fiat currency has lost 97 percent of its value since the establishment of the Federal Reserve in 1913

Yeah I'm too stupid to understand the benefits of inflation, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ghosTTy posted:

Lol good impression