Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
You got your Tsurezure Children in my Mousou Telepathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Eldercain posted:

The posts collide and annihilate in the tubes and this poo poo goes on for another 100 pages.

Oh not the Tomo thread oops

SatansBestBuddy posted:

That's not how cyberspace works.

Most likely scenario: both reads the other's message, neither can answer for several hours.
So, about that.. Single-collision network segments (ie. most local networks) that we had back in the day when we had cable where we computers connected via vampire taps, worked exactly like this.
A tiny part of me hopes for a gag like this, but I know I won't get it.

I just hope that it doesn't still work like this in this totally alternate universe where teenagers are awkward and can't talk to each other properly. :ohdear:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 27, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

OH MY GOD JUST DATE ALREADY.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
God I love these nerds.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, meta props to Helvetica for cleaning that third panel.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Some good Aya faces though

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Crain posted:

OH MY GOD JUST DATE ALREADY.

Not until we get more avatar material

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

havenwaters posted:

Not until we get more avatar material

I may or may not have peeked at the next page and it may or may not have a good Mana face.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

iospace posted:

Also, meta props to Helvetica for cleaning that third panel.

Echoing this, the cleanup work throughout this series has been fantastic and natural. I have never once been like "what the... what did the original look like?" but multiple times have been like "holy crap look at all the... and they made it look so good in English... what did the original look like?"

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AnacondaHL posted:

Echoing this, the cleanup work throughout this series has been fantastic and natural. I have never once been like "what the... what did the original look like?" but multiple times have been like "holy crap look at all the... and they made it look so good in English... what did the original look like?"

And often times in colour, too!

Not to say cleaning up basic black and white manga scans isn't tough enough, but when you throw in coloured word balloons and fantasies and poo poo, and have it almost always look natural...

iospace posted:

I may or may not have peeked at the next page and it may or may not have a good Mana face.

It would have to be pretty amazing to have any chance of topping your AV.

Finally got around to adding these to the OP. There's a frankly disturbing lack of fanart for this series.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 1, 2018

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I'll probably grab the top one as an av if nobody else does on friday when I can actually do it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Toda come on man.

Also a couple twitter art things happened

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Totally Status: Really freaking dumb.

Seriously dude. Don't ask your crushes best friend out on a date.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think he's asking her to see if she was doing anything with aya, and so with her saying no, he knows aya didn't mistakenly text him

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Captain Invictus posted:

I think he's asking her to see if she was doing anything with aya, and so with her saying no, he knows aya didn't mistakenly text him

Oh, I know what he's trying to do. His word choice just sucks to do it unless that's a translation thing. "Hey, are you doing anything with our group of friends or Aya this Sunday?" would probably work better.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I don't understand this but I love it.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Looks like its a date!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Have we gotten back to where Ayako was mad at Toda before we went into a flashback?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Zereth posted:

Have we gotten back to where Ayako was mad at Toda before we went into a flashback?

This is just the next school day

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yashima continues to low-key be Best Boy.

Poor Nakano is just falling apart. At least we're getting some amazing faces out of this.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

uh oh? :confused:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Why do ya think Yashima was googling stuff

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
It's important to be polite, you want to be sure you have good Manas

also holy CRAP I don't know why Aya's hair styling is forever and always on point and her faces just aslkdjfsadifasd

I try to be a halfway decent and articulate poster, I swear, it's just this reduces me to a puddle of stupid grins and typing.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Chillyrabbit posted:

Looks like its a date!

D'aww. :kimchi:

This is adorable. Adorkable. So good. I wish the best for them; this is the best arc.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Page 536

We've gotten some pretty amazing faces lately

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Telepathy does nothing for a lack of imagination.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

If a SIMPLE :goleft: STYLISH shirt exists, I'm buying one for my wife and then retroactively marrying her again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ask Mana ya dunce

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ayako is nothing if not an idiot

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Ayako is nothing if not an idiot

She is very stylish.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Putting Yashima next to Ayako in the new seating order has been the gift that keeps on giving.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

chumbler posted:

She is very stylish.

Unfortunately, she is also very simple.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Beyond the "simple stylish" caption, Ayako definately needs better fashion advice.

iospace posted:

Ask Mana ya dunce

Because her imagination has given her a piss colored sweater-hoodie.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Part of me wants to mention that Aya's fashion sense is unrealisticaly bad, but then I remember how I thought poorly fitting black t-shirts and puma shoes were the height of fashion as a 16 year old.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ytlaya posted:

Part of me wants to mention that Aya's fashion sense is unrealisticaly bad, but then I remember how I thought poorly fitting black t-shirts and puma shoes were the height of fashion as a 16 year old.

Yeah but when you're 16 you can absolutely get away with it.

I once wore a cheap pair of brown shoes I got from Wal-Mart for $5. They looked like bowling shoes. I got a week of teasing before everyone just rolled with it. Oddly enough, I could still get away with that today in certain circles.

I guess what I'm saying, is that Aya is fine and also really cool. And dumb.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
You gotta imagine that having a uniform for a large number of years has to make that worse. If you don't have to really have more than a few social interactions outside of your mandatory frock it's pretty easy to get away with being a tshirt schlub.

whatup high school skeleton-in-a-tent crew

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Anyone who ribs aya for her :same: shirt has to get through me first.

And I'll punch 'em in the dick.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"I don't want Toda to think I'm lame... but if I try to dress myself I will be exposed for the lame-o that I am"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Thanks to whichever friend heard my plea for deer hands aya back in the thread for the first avatar I've had in 10 years of SA this is truly a historic moment and I just wanna say

this is a good manga