Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t know how you guys abide using “two words but no space between them” names, I can’t handle it

Newbie questions:

1. What’s special about the Forgotten Reliquary areas in the labyrinth? My best guess would be that they’ll always have chests that hold those anti-Izaro items but I wanted to be sure.

2. What are the advantages of joining the guild, besides the fun goofs in goon chat?

3. Any quick tips on what to look out for at the start of a new season, especially vis-à-vis early season economics?

I beat the game in Standard as a Necromancer last night. Game rules.

1) Not sure what you are talking about but there are special chests throughout the lab. They can drop a uniques usually random poo poo, the only lab specific unique that sees use is Death's Door. There is a rare chest that can spawn that guarantee's a lab unique called Intricate Locker. Full list here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Lord's_Labyrinth

2) Chat, easy trading for maps and an organized guild stash full of leveling gear.

3) At start of the league you can sell poo poo for a lot more then normal. A white 5 link will go for a couple of chaos when its useless later. Uniques that are normally a couple alchs will go for 4 or 5 chaos. Just keep an eye out and use a price checker. Don't get to greedy because you'll want to unload the items as fast as possible because the economy will stabilize pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

TheRat posted:

Think Ive gotten everyone who asked for a guild invite, but if I missed you (or you didnt post yet), there's still plenty of room (and there probably wont be in two days so get in now)

I would like to try guildchat for this league - Character name "BallsChica"

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

3. Any quick tips on what to look out for at the start of a new season, especially vis-à-vis early season economics?

Keep in mind that "early in the season" is like, two to four days for a lot of the PoE community. You'll see people talk about builds being bad as league starters because they require some item that takes awhile to filter into the economy, but unless you're hitting maps within 48 hours, it's probably much less of an issue.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Early season is also the best time to get any new uniques out, before the droprate is known or any builds that feature them come out.

Also a good time to either cheat yourself or get a deal for unannounced unique rarity changes. RIP that energy from within I sold for 4c before everyone discovered it was T1 now.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Could I get a guild invite? Character name is spinawon

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Also lf a guild invite. Character name is IridiumRanch

Mulozon Empuri
Jan 23, 2006

This beastcrafting poo poo looks like it'll be great for ssf which is nice. Cant wait to see the patch notes.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

TheRat posted:

Think Ive gotten everyone who asked for a guild invite, but if I missed you (or you didnt post yet), there's still plenty of room (and there probably wont be in two days so get in now)
I'd like one for Crancherry please.

I've played SSF off and on for a few leagues now and found a bunch of leftover breachstones. Is there a use for them anymore?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
No, breach was massively unpopular and they disabled the features after a short period.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

TheRat posted:

Could I get one for Diddlerina please.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

CeeCee posted:

I'd like one for Crancherry please.

I've played SSF off and on for a few leagues now and found a bunch of leftover breachstones. Is there a use for them anymore?

depends on whether or not you like to have fun (just use em)

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Could I get an invite for Slobert

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Rodent please invite MeatClown

also: is your filter based on GreenGroves? last league GG's showed so many items when levelling and when in endgame it felt like i didnt have a filter on at all, need something stricter.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 28, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm ready for the Bestiary.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT-fWaV2hhY

I thought the patch notes were going to up now, but its only 9am GGG time so who knows.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Rat, add me back "Firebatman"

Thanks

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
No markov chain patch notes this time, womp womp

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
So, self cast immortal call seems really viable as a crit staff jugg (or possibly any jugg). You will have a dumb amount of endurance charge generation and even with just 7 charges IC should last for almost 5 seconds.
Keeping it up permanently shouldn't be too difficult unless patch notes messes with something.

...and I was so hype about playing deadeye to start with...

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093500

Patch notes are up.

Edit:

"Added support for using Harbinger's Orbs and Horizon Orbs on the most recent map series." I guess those are coming back as currency drops?

Keru fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 28, 2018

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Huh, very few skill balance changes and no ignite buff :smith:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Harb is a Zana mod now so those orbs will be around

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Osci posted:

So, self cast immortal call seems really viable as a crit staff jugg (or possibly any jugg). You will have a dumb amount of endurance charge generation and even with just 7 charges IC should last for almost 5 seconds.
Keeping it up permanently shouldn't be too difficult unless patch notes messes with something.

...and I was so hype about playing deadeye to start with...

Couldn't you still CWDT Immortal Call since the damage will give you a pile of charges?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MMF Freeway posted:

thank god

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
"You are now twice as likely to obtain maps you have not yet completed on the Atlas as maps you have. This is intended to help players who choose to play solo complete their Atlas." Thank you.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Obscurantis buffs projectile damage - acc crit jugg shield throw? Will Magna Eclipsis' energy shield mod grant crit? What about crafted ES on an Armor base?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

MMF Freeway posted:

What else does Harb bring? Beachheads?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

PoB is 95% updated and available now, apparently.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Oh harness the void got its damage halved (or something close to it). RIP we hardly knew ye

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Some of the ascendencies have undergone more changes, like trickster lost more than half its bonus chaos damage, so double check things if you had builds planned already.

ugh, and ricochet also ate it, from 10% more to 10% increased. Oh well, deadeye looked good in theory for a few days.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 28, 2018

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Keru posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093500

Patch notes are up.

Edit:

"Added support for using Harbinger's Orbs and Horizon Orbs on the most recent map series." I guess those are coming back as currency drops?

Does the Nemesis map modifier being back mean the Headhunter will (extremely rarely) drop on those modded maps?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Patch Notes posted:

Fixed a bug where Witches and Shadows wearing Gruthkul's Pelt would basically turn to stretchy, nightmarish, living taffy.

Now we're talkin'!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Keru posted:

"You are now twice as likely to obtain maps you have not yet completed on the Atlas as maps you have. This is intended to help players who choose to play solo complete their Atlas." Thank you.

time to never complete the maps what sell well

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
That trap duration change seems pretty good for something like lightning trap (especially with the regen nodes) since they can hit far away but bad for fire trap and for front loading damage on a boss. still completely undecided on what i want to play. Warchief Totems Chieftan with the new infernal blow fated hammer would be safest, traps would probably be more fun but also want to be a tectonic strike permastun juggernaut (despite saying i wouldn't do another permastunner like 3 leagues ago) or a bleed explosion gladiator

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Traps still have lovely cooldowns and Ice Trap doesn't get more radius with levels so traps are still dead rip.

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

Zero VGS posted:

Couldn't you still CWDT Immortal Call since the damage will give you a pile of charges?

You could, but it's a bit less consistant and probably won't work as well versus bosses as you need that initial hit.
While mapping it might be better to just keep up the charges. It's still 35-40% phys mitigation just from them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
deadeye and trickster were my plan, soooo jugg? or did that eat a speed nerf too?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"2-ish" new vendor recipes :allears:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The deadeye change was apparently a typo.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Patch notes don't have the 50% offering effect on Necromancer. Probably oversight?

MMF Freeway posted:

Oh harness the void got its damage halved (or something close to it). RIP we hardly knew ye
I mean 22.5% more (+conversion bonuses) is pretty loving good for 2 points.
Compare to the lolmentalist 25% more with conditions for 4 points and a useless 2-pointer on the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

time to never complete the maps what sell well
Probably better off just doing the not completing an entire tier and having shaped maps drop strategy if you wanted to sell specific maps as a strategy.