Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
after crytek sues CIG into oblivion, i mean.

cat tax:

https://i.imgur.com/FjVu4Xo.gifv

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

"Defendants deduce that Crytek sues out of: wounded
pride resulting from Defendants' move from CryEngine to Lumberyard; rapacity
toward the crowdfunding amounts raised by Defendants to develop and produce the
products; hope that filing this lawsuit will cause Defendants so much distraction and
legal expense that they would rather pay Crytek, a company that has experienced a
significant financial downturn in the last several years, a much-needed infusion of
capital to make the lawsuit go away; and resentment over the fact that many of its
employees abandoned Crytek which could not afford to pay them."

Whaaaa-HAHAHAHAHA

Star Citizen: Wounded Pride

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

They're hosed. 90 Days. Tops.

July *2019*

Warhawk109 posted:

“I just gave it a brief skim. The argumentative portions by the defendants annoy me but that doesn't mean anything about the merits of the case, which I know nothing about.”

'Tone' is thing. Your previous comment had it right, and I believe someone else commented that it's _whiney_ in the extreme, and hides behind the lack of ability of counsel to 'understand'. Discovery will be proctological.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

iospace posted:

What exactly is the AMD letter again?

amd letter is when amd was sponsoring SC. 6 weeks before the show they still havent received anything from the group.
person calls and is promised sizzle reel etc
they get last years same poo poo on blue ray
person then calls thinking it was an intern mistake

CR sends a letter to AMD and all engineers about genius and what he is doing cant be rushed etc.

See his escapist diatribe as a precursor.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hav posted:

'Tone' is thing. Your previous comment had it right, and I believe someone else commented that it's _whiney_ in the extreme, and hides behind the lack of ability of counsel to 'understand'. Discovery will be proctological.

I'm the lawyer who just can't understand all this legal mumbo jumbo

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
So, CiG wan't to deal and the other side is like gently caress off?
Won't that annoy the judge who would rather not have this thing on their docket if it doesn't have to be?
(As in they never want anything on their docket, not this particular case)

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

iospace posted:

What exactly is the AMD letter again?

In the last thread, TheAgent, quoting an AMD dude, posted:

We're partnered with them [CIG], of course. We are. It's four months before E3 and we're getting our PC showcase set up. We're reaching out to get demos, sizzle reels, all kinds of different promo stuff. We hear back from a lot of people; there's some new stuff, new games, new partners, all that. Absent is a response from CIG.

Someone else here handles all that, she's calling and calling thinking there's some mistake or she's not getting through to the right people. It's now three months until the PC Gamer showcase and there's nothing on the table from CIG. She's trying to set up a conf call or a face to face with CIG and there's nothing solid set up.

She finally talks to someone over there and is assured we'll get a slice of scripted gameplay and some cutscene stuff with the big name A listers on the project. E3 is what, six weeks away? Maybe seven at this point.

A week later what we get a package with a disc, no explanation, table of contents, nothing. On it, there's nothing new, [its] a mashup of all their previous trailers. It's not even cut differently. We have the Hamil one, the Oldman speech, some fighters shooting things and some FPS segments that were lifted straight out of the last con they did. They're all just dumped into a "Promo" folder on a blu-ray.

She's thinking this is a mistake, they sent us the wrong material -- easy mistake to make, you throw in an old disc instead of the one you just cut, it got handled differently, an intern misunderstood what we wanted, whatever. So she calls them up again, no response, emails, nothing.

Two weeks later we get what is referred to around here as the "Letter." Capital "L" letter. The email is addressed to everyone high up at AMD, not even the gaming guys but the chip designers and the heads of departments. The PDF attachment is a rambling statement from Chris about how we're pushing him into something he doesn't think is necessary, he has a vision and that it's "too important" to be disrespected like this.

The decision was made to drop them from the show after that. Probably from our partnership as well, but that's above my head.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Lladre posted:

Won't that annoy the judge who would rather not have this thing on their docket if it doesn't have to be?

It's probably not that Crytek doesn't want to settle. Rather, they aren't ready to state the terms of their settlement before going through the discovery process, particularly the financials.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

July *2019*

I didn't say when the 90 days started.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lladre posted:

Crytek is willing to deal, its outlined in the document. Its just that they dont want to deal right now. CIG wants to deal right the gently caress now because they position gets worse with each ruling in favor of Crytek.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

This is exactly what I hoped for lol

:saddowns: will u take money to go away plz?
:v: NO gently caress YOU!

Great, now you made me laugh my drink back up into my nose. Goons truly ruin everything

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Foo Diddley posted:

I haven't followed Elite too closely, but when exactly did they promise all that FPS poo poo?

There is a clip floating around of Braben saying something like 'maybe you'll be able to walk around your ship or station'

maybe its this? 68:04 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhsH5U7tz4A&t=4084s

Calling Elite 0% complete because they didn't include space legs. lol

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I really hope they used food safe coloring on that doggo.

Still want to pet the hell out of it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Virtual Captain posted:

There is a clip floating around of Braben saying something like 'maybe you'll be able to walk around your ship or station'

maybe its this? 68:04 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhsH5U7tz4A&t=4084s

Calling Elite 0% complete because they didn't include space legs. lol

"Way off in the future", "effectively a whole new game", "a long way off"; all promises that space legs will be in at release

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

It's probably not that Crytek doesn't want to settle. Rather, they aren't ready to state the terms of their settlement before going through the discovery process, particularly the financials.

It would be stupid for them to enter into any settlement talks before knowing about the financials, as well as which parts of the MtD would be granted.

CIG knows they're hosed. So they're trying to leapfrog.

loving :lol: at MoMa and those chucklefucks on Reddit who were thinking that Crytek was in it for a quick cash grab.

Yes. I totally called it. So. :colbert:

My analysis of the latest filing.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/968845172279783456.html

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
CiG is really upset about being sued, huh?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

This is exactly what I hoped for lol

:saddowns: will u take money to go away plz?
:v: NO gently caress YOU!

CIG: How much will it take to make this lawsuit go away?
Skadden: How much you got?
CIG: We're asking you how much you want to settle.
Skadden: And I'm askin' you how much you got...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Foo Diddley posted:

"Way off in the future", "effectively a whole new game", "a long way off"; all promises that space legs will be in at release

Considering how the backers live in an eternal state of:

-I know absolutely that the game will release this year and its simply a matter of other people not loving with CIG

and

-I will not be disappointed with, or mad at, the complete lack of progress when the thing I was promised months/years ago once again is relegated to the next season/year

These are people that ignore anything that would conveniently dash their hopes at having their very own escapist reality game where they can shed their mortal coil and become "Maul Plart, Space Parp!". And since they've already dumped (half) their life savings into this project, of course they are going to get mad when the competition not only catches up to Star Citizen, but also beats it to the finish line.

Every time Elite: Dangerous gets an update, gets added functionality and new gameplay mechanics, is one more dagger to the heart with big fat "YOU BACKED THE WRONG HORSE, DOOFUS" written on the blade.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG: How much will it take to make this lawsuit go away?
Skadden: How much you got?
CIG: We're asking you how much you want to settle.
Skadden: And I'm askin' you how much you got...

:perfect:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
So we have to wait until july of 2019 for a trial? It's all good. That means CIG gets a year and a half of struggling to crap out working modules and half-assed demos at cons. That means that CIG can still completely implode on their own without someone else to blame their demise on. That means that the most incompetent bunch of crooks to ever launch a Kickstarter has lots of time to commit even more financial crimes and legal shenanigans to try to cover up said crimes. Now that they're on a clock, they're going from maintenance mode to evacuation mode

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

From the original dev diaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM0Gcl7iUM8&t=162s

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When's the French guy going to shill for CIG next?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Beer's the originator of the no amine rule but in his stead I will say.... no, Streetfighter II is not anime.

https://i.imgur.com/50wV8au.gifv

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I've been reading this thread for a while, but I watched the videos on the E:D Kickstarter page that was linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGE0_WSHGHc

This is amazing - the difference between the clearly articulated plan that Elite had for the economy at launch and then CR's aimless theorycrafting and waffle is like night and day.

I made it to 6:30 before tuning out the world salad.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

hot balls man no homo posted:

So we have to wait until july of 2019 for a trial? It's all good. That means CIG gets a year and a half of struggling to crap out working modules and half-assed demos at cons. That means that CIG can still completely implode on their own without someone else to blame their demise on. That means that the most incompetent bunch of crooks to ever launch a Kickstarter has lots of time to commit even more financial crimes and legal shenanigans to try to cover up said crimes. Now that they're on a clock, they're going from maintenance mode to evacuation mode

It's only one more Citizencon. Since they aren't doing any other shows, it's also only one more show.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Hey Titanic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1AJkx3X2cM

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

I didn't say when the 90 days started.

You scamp!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

going into the kickstarter comments page for Elite I saw an OldSchool cmdr waging his own sad and lonely war against Frontier

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nicholas posted:

after crytek sues CIG into oblivion, i mean.

cat tax:

https://i.imgur.com/FjVu4Xo.gifv

All the dogs within a 10 mile radius of me just started looking in my direction.

Thanks.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Golli posted:

General LeMay - you are this thread's Renaissance Man.

Not really. I've just been around computers since I was 3 and farms all my life. Instead of mowing lawns when I was a teenager I was busy solving computer problems and building PC's for people as we lived in the city. Made enough money to get my pilots license with a couple friends of mine...who ended up becoming airline pilots. Continued working in IT in college including the college's DB/400. I think I was one of two students allowed to touch the thing. After college went to work as a systems analyst for a couple years, got burned out, decided to go to law school. Went to law school and ended up helping a local business owner write software for his business that we ended up selling to other businesses. Our software sucked less than others and a bigger software company bought us.

Same time both sets of grandparents were farmers. In fact they lived down the same country road about 3 miles apart. So I spent a lot of summers down there helping them with gardens and other work. I mean I was driving tractors as soon as I could reach the pedals. And you learn to do a lot of poo poo being around farms, including how to shovel it. But my grandparents had old equipment so something was always breaking down. So you learn how to fix engines, and hydraulics, and weld, and electrical, etc.. Then my grandparent's generation began dying off in the 90's and early 2000's. My father retired from corporate career at age 55 and several of his aunts/uncles either had no kids or had outlived their kids, or his generation had moved to the cities and were willing to sell their farms quick and cheap. So we ended up with quite a few acres.

Soon after I sold the company my father had a stroke and I took over the family farms. I quickly learned more about growing soybeans and rice than I ever wanted, but my father was an only child and so am I. There was no one else to do it so I did it. Until this year. It was time to replace equipment and with the cost of combines and tractors anymore decided it was time rent our farms instead of farm ourselves.

Now I'm board and can write long posts about my life on a dumb, dead, gay comedy forum until our baby is born any day now.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

going into the kickstarter comments page for Elite I saw an OldSchool cmdr waging his own sad and lonely war against Frontier

Once, one of my alts got into a :reddit: discussion with that chap. It somehow degenerated into him pointing (in weird online dictionaries) an uncommon meaning of a very common word as proof that he was right... done over and over again across multiple pages explaining how, in his experience, he could not be wrong.

It's like having LogicalChimp on your side.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

:stare:

Can I have it without any kind of game attached, please?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

DapperDon posted:

Congrats! I love hearing about stories like this. My case is still pending on written closing arguments that are due by next Friday before the judge makes his ruling. I crushed them in trial in every way imaginable. So for me it was always about going to trial because I wanted to see them explain why they felt it was okay to destroy my $250k boat and not have to pay for it to the judge.

I have a JD, but never practiced law. My wife is the one with litigation experience, but this was all a decade before I met her. But she'll be the first tell you though that winning a judgement and collecting on a judgement are two different things.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Tippis posted:

If I had anything to do with it, your wish (and mine) would be granted.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Once, one of my alts got into a :reddit: discussion with that chap. It somehow degenerated into him pointing (in weird online dictionaries) an uncommon meaning of a very common word as proof that he was right... done over and over again across multiple pages explaining how, in his experience, he could not be wrong.

Man, where have I seen this kind of poo poo before?

Nope, it's gone.

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

...until our baby is born any day now.

I will add my appreciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

I am currently playing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orV6q5Ojo0k

And it is a surreal and strangely emotional experience