Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/FlanaganMickie/status/968292261590126592

DO SOMETHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the cursed orange behelit

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pick posted:

can’t believe I have to point out numbers only make sense in context

shut up pick

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

when it floods, fire ants make rafts out of other fire ants and float to safety

the ones on the bottom drown, but their sacrifice lets the others live and build new colonies

so we're basically modeling our response to gun violence after the response of mindless insects to forces of nature they cannot comprehend or control

Actually they don't typically drown:

"The researchers also found that ants underneath the water support those above them, but they do not drown because of trapped air pockets that surround their bodies and buoy the raft. "Watching the ant clusters trap large air bubbles under the water at depths much greater than the scale of a single ant was incredible," says Mlot."

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2011/04/fire-ants-surf-floods-rafts-their-own-bodies

So we're worse than ants.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

man billy graham was awful

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Is shut up pick the new shut up zegermans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm beginning to think evangelical Christians and white supremacists may be related

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Trump 420 is only 18? days away

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Session! :argh:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
sorry I want stats that make sense

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

euphronius posted:

I'm beginning to think evangelical Christians and white supremacists may be related

:stare:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

we’re like 10 years away from an armed militia storming and occupying a deep south state capital

lol remember when the Malheur Ridge bird sanctuary dudes set up sniper nests and said they REALLY TOTALLY DONT WANT TO SHOOT ANY FEDS BUT MIGHT HAVE TO PLEASE DONT MAKE US DO IT AND IGNORE THIS BONER I HAVE, led a car chase through two police barricades and then walked because Oregon prosecutors are dumb as gently caress

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

yeah gotta stop them reddish pink judges boy howdy

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

they definitely gently caress, op

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

so what are the factors that would cause trans people to be murdered at a lower rate than the national average, because i'm pretty sure nobody ever got murdered for not being trans so that can't be it

you need to control for those so you can compare similar populations, ideally with being trans being the only variable

Yeah it may just be that they're close to or above the national average when you remove the concentrated racist ghettos that trap so many ppl in violence and poverty.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Mo_Steel posted:

Actually they don't typically drown:

"The researchers also found that ants underneath the water support those above them, but they do not drown because of trapped air pockets that surround their bodies and buoy the raft. "Watching the ant clusters trap large air bubbles under the water at depths much greater than the scale of a single ant was incredible," says Mlot."

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2011/04/fire-ants-surf-floods-rafts-their-own-bodies

So we're worse than ants.

haha ants own

of course this is no doubt an evolved behavior, so in time i suppose our children too will evolve resistance to 5.56 NATO rounds, given enough time and selection pressure

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol remember when the Malheur Ridge bird sanctuary dudes set up sniper nests and said they REALLY TOTALLY DONT WANT TO SHOOT ANY FEDS BUT MIGHT HAVE TO PLEASE DONT MAKE US DO IT AND IGNORE THIS BONER I HAVE, led a car chase through two police barricades and then walked because Oregon prosecutors are dumb as gently caress

remember when they were talking about using their wives and children as human shields because them getting shot would start the RAHOWA

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
oh my GOD, will Trump just launch the loving nukes already aadfhjjsjkvff

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Ben Nerevarine posted:

we’re like 10 years away from an armed militia storming and occupying a deep south state capital

that woman ain't storming anything in those jeans

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

think the bigger issue was probably the entire jury being sovcit hicks, oregon is a shithole

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ColleenMNelson/status/968915982650691584
Sleezy GOP governor is arguing that his case should be thrown out because:
1) The law only applies to third parties taking non-consensual naked photos of someone
2) One cannot expect privacy if you're in someone else's house
3) The law doesn't apply if the victim had their photo taken by someone they knew was looking at them

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Bearjew posted:

she's storming into the wendy's drive through in her SUV lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

les juges rouges

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Give me the hard, statistical cross-checked data I NEED to give a poo poo about these people being killed

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bearjew posted:

only thing she's storming in the mashed potato bin at a Hometown Buffet

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The four most important words in sequence in the English language are "Jared Kushner perp walk."

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I know someone who was an elementary school teacher in a rough part of SF in the 1990s, and they would do shooting drills because sometimes stray bullets from warring drug dealers/gangbangers in the nearby projects, would hit the school. But they never had to do mass shooting drills because they never thought some lunatic might try to murder them all on purpose

either way lol america u got problems:sad:

Heres a news piece about those projects, from the early 1990s, if anyone wants to get extra depressed about our idiot hosed up country, and how it treats the poor and minorities in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8k2ylbIA6c

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
in reference to my previous post, under no circumstances, do fire ants in fact, "own"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968917941671612416?s=19

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

kopasetic posted:

1) The law only applies to third parties taking non-consensual naked photos of someone
3) The law doesn't apply if the victim had their photo taken by someone they knew was looking at them

i think dennis reynolds used pretty similar thinking with his sex camera

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol deutsche bank is like the exclusive money launderer for the super rich and mafias of the world

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Pick posted:

sorry I want stats that make sense

trump thread: stats that make sense

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know who would be funnier to see locked up, Jared or Jr. I feel like they're equally funny for different reasons.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Bearjew posted:

storming the Walmart clearance section, maybe

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
u eat 8 trans persons in your sleep every year

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The four most important words in sequence in the English language are "Jared Kushner perp walk."

the new "cellar door" imo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

kopasetic posted:

ok but what about the extortion, is that still illegal or should you not have an expectation not to get blackmailed if you have sex with a republican governor

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
you goons don't know anything about that woman aside from her shirt advocating unwarranted bloodlust, maybe dial it back a bit

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reality Loser posted:

Trump 420 is only 18? days away

it's on march 15 and whoever the IK is now sucks rear end at updating the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

GobiasIndustries posted:

I don't know who would be funnier to see locked up, Jared or Jr. I feel like they're equally funny for different reasons.

i would constantly nutt for the duration knowing that junior was in prison

• Locked thread