Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
These free bloodborne players are going a lot of level ten troll hunters to content with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I own four of those games so it'll be a bad month for me personally, but I'm glad that more people will be playing Bloodborne. I'll probably start hanging out in random chalice dungeons waiting to be summoned. Since it's nearly impossible for someone else to be in the exact same dungeon you're in, you can be summoned into any other random chalice dungeon. So when you get summoned you'll have absolutely no idea which boss you'll be fighting. It makes you think on your feet and is fun as hell.

Edit: And while I get that they wanted to differentiate it from the Souls games, I don't like how hard it is to invade people in Bloodborne. The other person almost has to explicitly choose to be invaded, so they'll almost always be ready for you and spoiling for a fight. Invading in Bloodborne is usually more like using the red soapstone in Souls rather than the red eye orb.

...! fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 28, 2018

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

These free bloodborne players are going a lot of level ten troll hunters to content with.

From playing last week the invader community was pretty much dead. Never had a single invasion. Unless veterans come back, which might be unlikely.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can also turn into a weird squid man

Bloodborne (2015)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Welp, I'll see you all in game in a couple of weeks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

nerdz posted:

From playing last week the invader community was pretty much dead. Never had a single invasion. Unless veterans come back, which might be unlikely.

I had one invader but he never actually attacked me and I panicked and ran away and died getting stuck in a pack of enemies

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bloodborne (2015)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

nerdz posted:

It's hard as poo poo to invade people in Bloodborne so most people don't bother. Even back in the game's heyday I was invaded exactly once.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nerdz posted:

you literally can't be invaded in bloodborne unless a bell maiden is in the area. those only naturally spawn in the two nightmare areas; otherwise, there's just a chance of it happening when you ring the coop bell. and even then, you can kill the maiden before she summons someone and she'll be gone until you reload the area. if you never ring the bell, you're completely safe outside of nightmare frontier/of mensis

invading people is kinda hard in bloodborne

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

fruit on the bottom posted:

Motherfucker I just bought the game like two weeks ago

Me too mate. Haven’t even fired it up yet as I’m finishing P5 and SotC. But I’ve never played R&C so there’s that!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

nerdz posted:

When the bell ringing lady appears you get a warning in text and an audible ringaling in the distance, that's when you've become eligible for getting invaded. IIRC it requires a human player alongside you to happen, so not a very hot game for invasions but preferable over invading, getting two bluebros in the face, host and three summons, and a giants seed active, and they camp a saferoom in DS3.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've tried to start BB three times now and every time I reach that mob in the opening city streets, die, and walk away.

I know, it's my own fault. I want to like the game but I just can't. Was never into Souls either.

It's me, I'm the worst PS owner.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You can run past them

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

When the bell ringing lady appears you get a warning in text and an audible ringaling in the distance, that's when you've become eligible for getting invaded. IIRC it requires a human player alongside you to happen, so not a very hot game for invasions but preferable over invading, getting two bluebros in the face, host and three summons, and a giants seed active, and they camp a saferoom in DS3.

Yeah, I mean, I accumulated several hours of being open to invasions and no one ever did. They kinda messed that one up, I guess. Is there at least a place for duels?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It finally happened, a month of PS+ where I already own every game. Somehow I really don't care though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can run past them

I think I'm going to start over. I don't even know where I should be going.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nerdz posted:

Yeah, I mean, I accumulated several hours of being open to invasions and no one ever did. They kinda messed that one up, I guess. Is there at least a place for duels?

go to the nightmare areas and wait. you can only be invaded by one person at a time so it'll be a 1v1 if you don't ring the coop bell. there's no actual arena or anything of the sort so that's your only option

the multiplayer is a bit of an afterthought in bloodborne

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah MP in B.B. sucks compared to DS2/3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You could always play For Honor

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bloodborne is one of the only games I currently play on disc since switching to all digital. Glad I won’t need that anymore!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

You have to die at least once to get to the hunter's dream. There you will choose your starting weapons. I recomend going with the threaded cane, seems to be the most newbie friendly one.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

nerdz posted:

You have to die at least once to get to the hunter's dream. There you will choose your starting weapons. I recomend going with the threaded cane, seems to be the most newbie friendly one.

He said he died so I think he's done that already. The first area can be confusing as poo poo even when you've done it before.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why are there no Serious Sam games on PS4 :negative:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nerdz posted:

you don't have to die. just go up the ladder and interact with the lantern

threaded cane is the hardest weapon to start with; saw cleaver is easiest

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

nerdz posted:

Weird. Nightmare of Mensis Middle for honorable duels, many liked to park there over the years and get host advantage.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Beastie posted:

Also people will tell you that if you're not playing the game solo, blindfolded, and with your feet then you're a scrublord who's doing it wrong. These people are shitheads, if you need to summon a buddy to help then summon. Better you get through the game with some help and then learn what you're supposed to do and have fun so your next run you can play solo than scream and throw your controller out the window and never touch it again.

ps RIP Demon's Souls 2009-2018.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

you don't have to die. just go up the ladder and interact with the lantern

threaded cane is the hardest weapon to start with; saw cleaver is easiest

Weird, I had the exact opposite experience, and with STR scaling weapons in general.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My first run was with threaded cane - rifle spear - reiterpallasch - and it was great

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Threaded cane is by far the hardest starting weapon for noobs and should only be chosen by people who are already very familiar with the game.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My first run was with threaded cane - rifle spear - reiterpallasch - and it was great

Yep, this was exactly my latest run, which made the game a lot less frustrating compared to my previous saw cleaver/kirkhammer attempt.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's weird considering the later two are among the weaker weapons in the game

tho I don't think the kirkhammer is great either tbh

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's weird considering the later two are among the weaker weapons in the game

tho I don't think the kirkhammer is great either tbh

I think it's because they allow you to play safer, from a longer range with the spear and with high attack speed and hit stun with the reiter. They really trivialize a lot of the game

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Why are there no Serious Sam games on PS4 :negative:

This is something I never knew I needed....and I now hate you for it!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

freeranger posted:

This is something I never knew I needed....and I now hate you for it!

I'm playing Talos Principle right now and it's making me itch for some Sam

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The old PC games would just thinking I'd love to see a PS4 port of would be the STALKER trilogy.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Beastie posted:

I've tried to start BB three times now and every time I reach that mob in the opening city streets, die, and walk away.

I know, it's my own fault. I want to like the game but I just can't. Was never into Souls either.

It's me, I'm the worst PS owner.

Same, but the two werewolves. Tried it again today and meh.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fix posted:

Same, but the two werewolves. Tried it again today and meh.

you don't have to fight them

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Manatee Cannon posted:

you don't have to fight them

I don't have to play the game at all.

I really want to like it, but I find that it's just too frustrating to lose 20-30 minutes of play at a time when I'm lucky to get an hour a day.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You don't have to play Bloodborne. It's fine. Game on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The old PC games would just thinking I'd love to see a PS4 port of would be the STALKER trilogy.

Oh man stop. The first one is one of my favourite games ever.