Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

r/the_donald, right now, is the sweetest meal I have ever tasted.

Can you screenshot some good excerpts? I opened it but closed the page after 30 seconds before I threw up in my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
maybe if they told the SEALs that the wall was an Army guy and he was going to bust them for being corrupt pieces of poo poo the results would have been different

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

mods change my name posted:

maybe if they told the SEALs that the wall was an Army guy and he was going to bust them for being corrupt pieces of poo poo the results would have been different

:drat:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/968983981533401088

lol today is great even though it was an absolute poo poo day at work

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

No one cares and has no budget?

This is becoming a meme at this point, but

"what does your heart tell you."

:smith:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

I didn't think this delicious pan-political spectrum singularity of hypocrisy and irony could be topped today. Then came the gun Moonies. 2018 is outdoing itself.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Leave it to SEALs to try to blow up the wall instead of just climbing over it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
All I know is this -- If I were a rich, old, white Republican and a big-rear end wall like that appeared on my lawn over night, there is only one way to get rid of it:

call the cheapest contractor to have Mexicans come knock it down

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I had to get huge amounts of drugs over a wall I would just have a bigass air cannon carried on a trailer and lob my carefully packaged drugs over it to a designated area.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
there's no movie deals to be had by defeating a concrete wall

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Don’t test the wall with seals. Do it with bored troops. If it survives, it’s good.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Vasudus posted:

If I had to get huge amounts of drugs over a wall I would just have a bigass air cannon carried on a trailer and lob my carefully packaged drugs over it to a designated area.

Counterweight Trebuchet. No air compressors required, no barrels or piping or valves. Just basic fabrication, math, and some trial-and-error in the Mexico desert.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

Can you screenshot some good excerpts? I opened it but closed the page after 30 seconds before I threw up in my mouth.

quote:

TexasTrumpWhisperer

This guy is a brilliant badass. Just like with the immigration meeting, he is going to prove the Dems really do not want to deal on the guns issue. They just want something to bitch about. The man is freaking brilliant.

quote:

ABProsper

Ah, you guys do know the President is from New York City and has lived his entire life in a place where its "Mother may I" on what is a fundamental human right

Assuming that President Trump wasn't ankle deep in that world view is a leap of faith. He won't outright ban guns but will have no problem with regulation.

its not uncommon for a businessman to throw people under the bus when he can get a better deal elsewhere anyway and I know I'll hear the reeeeee all the live long day but President Trump has a reputation as a shark since the 80's.

Now could it be a chess play? Sure but who knows.

In the end the reason he was elected was simple, to buy us time as a Republic and its staring to look like he won't. So be it,

In any case there will be a draconian all out semi auto ban with buyback/confiscation passed by the Democrats as soon as they can. They want UK style gun laws or tougher and won't stop till they get them

Accept that and understand that at some point YOU are going to have make a choice, to comply, to resists passively or to fight. YOU and no one else

I'm never going to advise anyone to break the law in a public forum but the time of choosing is near.

Just get right with God whoever you see it and get ready and make the best choice possible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Peetown Manning posted:

One weird free market solution the worst end of the gun-owning spectrum will hate.

I mean no one who is serious about owning and maintaining an AR - platform rifle is buying it there anyway, right? DICK's can just like...revamp their Tennis department or whatever?

This is in the same vein as YouTube going after gun videos...lots of bad information and retards rolling around with their fat jiggling. Youtube itself is almost an assault weapon in their hands.

They don't usually buy their guns there, but ammo, camping gear, other hunting equipment, etc, is another story.

hobbesmaster posted:

Police have been inside schools for well over a decade now. I graduated HS in 2005 and my middle school had 1 officer and my high school had 3. The high school in Florida had a sheriff's deputy assigned to it - he was the guy that waited it out outside.

Schools have had officers since at least the 80s.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 1, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lmao if this is what gets the republicans to impeach him

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Okay so wait, someone explain how this insanity occurred today. I feel like I’ve missed a step somewhere.

Like, was this just so ho-hum meeting of R Senators on gun control and Trump just went off on pro-gun control positions?

Cause it sure as poo poo seemed like just yesterday or Monday he was proposing arming teachers.

I feel so lost in a sea of derp.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump: "Far surpass Barack Obama, you say?"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
TRUMP!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Georgia's governor is signing the bill stripping Deltas tax benefits.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CommieGIR posted:

Good way to kill business in Georgia which had been booming since Hollywood took a lot of production there

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Thwomp posted:

Okay so wait, someone explain how this insanity occurred today. I feel like I’ve missed a step somewhere.

Like, was this just so ho-hum meeting of R Senators on gun control and Trump just went off on pro-gun control positions?

Cause it sure as poo poo seemed like just yesterday or Monday he was proposing arming teachers.

I feel so lost in a sea of derp.

Trump had a meeting with Republican and Democratic Senators. He wanted the meeting to "do a bipartisan" so he could be THE ULTIMATE DEALMAKER on TV and look like he brings the two sides together.

Democratic Senators praised him, Republican Senators made faces, and Trump reverted to the "why do we need guns?" New York politician of the 80s since that's all he knows or pays attention to. Manchin even played along with him, saying that Obama was why they couldn't get gun control done in 2013.

So Trump was making GBS threads all over Republican positions and basically saying to do the Democratic stuff. Leading to gifs like this: https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/968952338898591744

It won't come to anything, it'll be like the DACA meeting where he rapidly flips away tomorrow.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DoktorLoken posted:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Peetown Manning posted:

SEALS: god warriors and the control group for experiments of what is and what is not destructible

Soulex posted:

Don’t test the wall with seals. Do it with bored troops. If it survives, it’s good.
Yeah, if they really wanted to test its durability, they should have told a bunch of troops that The Wall was a vital and expensive piece of equipment that needed to be returned intact.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yeah, if they really wanted to test its durability, they should have told a bunch of troops that The Wall was a vital and expensive piece of equipment that needed to be returned intact.

or just put the barracks on one side of the wall, morning formation on the other, and yell "zonk!!"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Three days later the wall is spotted in Syria.

Edit: Or on ebay.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"First platoon to move themselves and this 50 lbs bag of drugs to the other side of the wall gets a 3 day pass, no limitations."

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Dead Reckoning posted:

"First platoon to move this 50 lbs bag of drugs to the other side of the wall gets a 3 day pass."

I would love to see the SIR after the human ladder collapsed, leading to serious injuries that surprisingly were not prevented by a kevlar helmet

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dead Reckoning posted:

"First platoon to move themselves and this 50 lbs bag of drugs to the other side of the wall gets a 3 day pass, no limitations."

The commander has informed me you cannot take the drugs either.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mods change my name posted:

I would love to see the SIR after the human ladder collapsed, leading to serious injuries that surprisingly were not prevented by a kevlar helmet

did they have pt belts on you fuckin shitbag???

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

boop the snoot posted:

did they have pt belts on you fuckin shitbag???

they can come off????????????

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Why... how is The Wall pregnant? Why is Jenkins trying to claim The Wall as a dependent?"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Godholio posted:

They don't usually buy their guns there, but ammo, camping gear, other hunting equipment, etc, is another story.

Schools have had officers since at least the 80s.

I graduated in 02 and my HS had an office for the police which was regularly staffed by half a dozen local police and sheriff's deputies. Hell, I remember the day after Columbine they had SWAT cops roaming the hallways.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LongDarkNight posted:

Of course it's the loving Moonies.

That explains everything, thank you.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Looking forward to Luttrell's book documenting his harrowing defeat to a wall.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol.

I was expelled the day after columbine because I thought it would be fun to wear a a duster to school. Lasted all of the 100 feet from the bus to the office, where the principal snatched me up and sent me home.
We didn't have cops or security either. Small towns can't afford that poo poo. They could barely keep the one cop paid in town for the 40 hours he put it in whenever he pleased.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Somehow it feels like this is all proceeding according to plan for the NRA. They lost their Buy Guns boogeyman when Hillary lost and sales plummeted. They know that regardless whatever Trump says no serious gun control legislation is getting through Congress.

So Trump going out and scaring up the base with some gun control ghost stories is pretty much the perfect ad campaign to get folks back to stockpiling ARs and ammo for when the Feds come knocking (any day now! :freep:)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Lmao, every large corporation that moved or is planning to move to GA has some MBA dweebs right now creating a PowerPoint titled "Incremental Adverse Risk in Georgia"

It owns when republican legislators never got the memo that they're the business party

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Best Friends posted:

It owns when republican legislators never got the memo that they're the business party

Top causes of lost memos:

USPS hamstrung by federal government
Bitter unpaid interns
Keep getting put in piles of paper for photo ops
Accidentally burned while covering up evidence
Locked away out of public sight

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

WTF I love tax benefits now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mlmp08 posted:

Top causes of lost memos:

USPS hamstrung by federal government
Bitter unpaid interns
Keep getting put in piles of paper for photo ops
Accidentally burned while covering up evidence