Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

lurksion posted:

Patch notes don't have the 50% offering effect on Necromancer. Probably oversight?
I mean 22.5% more (+conversion bonuses) is pretty loving good for 2 points.
Compare to the lolmentalist 25% more with conditions for 4 points and a useless 2-pointer on the way

Either that or they will add it in later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm gonna make a trapper work this league.

That's my goal.

Sure as gently caress isn't going to be first character but maybe #5 or so when I've got some real money to throw at it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Elder unstable phase = letting Shaper die?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

MMF Freeway posted:

The deadeye change was apparently a typo.

It shows up as 10% More in PoB so most likely a typo in the patch notes. Effectively, this makes that branch (with Far Shot) stack up to a 40% More multiplier to everything that's outside of ~20 range (based on guesstimates for where the Far Shot bonus maxes out), which makes it a very solid pick to offset the Point Blank damage malus outside of 10 range.

Fudging it in PoB with a bow that's had "40% More Damage" added to the modifiers list isn't exactly what I'd call accurate, but it's a decent ballpark for figuring out if that's a branch you want to pick over the others. Of course, nothing is certain until we actually get hands-on experience with the new ascendancies, etc, etc, covering my rear end here.

Edit: One thing about Deadeye ascendancy: Fast and Deadly on it's own accounts for roughly ~8% Hit. That's at lvl 91 with 84% hit rate before the extra 8% Hit, taking you to 91%. That's an insane amount of accuracy to get from just 2 ascendancy points, never mind the 10% increased attack speed and 30% proj. damage.

Keru fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 28, 2018

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

"When you use your Stash, the in-game chest now opens. It's like you're really there!"

Holy poo poo!!!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jay Rust posted:

1. What’s special about the Forgotten Reliquary areas in the labyrinth? My best guess would be that they’ll always have chests that hold those anti-Izaro items but I wanted to be sure.
That's exactly what they mean, yes.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t know how you guys abide using “two words but no space between them” names, I can’t handle it

Newbie questions:

1. What’s special about the Forgotten Reliquary areas in the labyrinth? My best guess would be that they’ll always have chests that hold those anti-Izaro items but I wanted to be sure.

2. What are the advantages of joining the guild, besides the fun goofs in goon chat?

3. Any quick tips on what to look out for at the start of a new season, especially vis-à-vis early season economics?

I beat the game in Standard as a Necromancer last night. Game rules.

http://www.poelab.com/ explains all of the special chests, what the phases are, and what the darkshrines do. Most importantly it gives you a general layout of where to go to proceed through the lab.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Keru posted:

It shows up as 10% More in PoB so most likely a typo in the patch notes.
Isn't that just because the changes in PoB are based on the released images, so if they're wrong so is it?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Ghostlight posted:

Isn't that just because the changes in PoB are based on the released images, so if they're wrong so is it?
No, PoB is updated from the JSON files they release with the patch notes, those will have correct figures.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I'm gonna make a trapper work this league.

That's my goal.

Sure as gently caress isn't going to be first character but maybe #5 or so when I've got some real money to throw at it.

i think i've almost decided im doing a fucken blood magic trapper

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lurksion posted:

Patch notes don't have the 50% offering effect on Necromancer. Probably oversight?
It's in the Ascendant Necromancer, so must be.

Keru posted:

No, PoB is updated from the JSON files they release with the patch notes, those will have correct figures.
I did not know they did that. That's pretty cool.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I want Escape Artist but I can't take it along with Prolonged Pain :(

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
* Bestiary Orbs are the items you use to trade beasts. A Bestiary orb does not contain a beast whereas an Imprinted Bestiary Orb does contain one.
* They do not drop and can be bought from Einhair for an Orb of Alchemy.

Simple Rope Net - 4
Reinforced Rope Net - 7
Strong Rope Net - 15
Simple Iron Net - 25
Reinforced Iron Net - 37
Strong Iron Net - 48
Simple Steel Net - 58
Reinforced Steel Net - 60
Strong Steel Net - 64
Thaumaturgical Net - 68

Why are there 10 versions instead of half that

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
So I have money to spend coinciding with deciding to get back into this. For tabs, is there a suggested purchase order? I'm guessing the currency one is the boss, but what do I get after that?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think i might want to do bladefall totems hiero to start

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cynic Jester posted:

So I have money to spend coinciding with deciding to get back into this. For tabs, is there a suggested purchase order? I'm guessing the currency one is the boss, but what do I get after that?

currency tab and at least 1 premium tab are probably tied for most important. after that probably map > essence > fragment > card

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Cynic Jester posted:

A tab pack for more space, At least one premium tab so you can sell poo poo. I haven't bought the map one yet but probably will once i get to maps or if it goes on sale.

I would skip the more gimmicky ones like fragments and essences for now. Counterpoint: I like the div cards one because you actually can look at the art.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

It occurs to me that a build that's good against bosses will be particularly useful this season because of the need to kill the monsters you trap in an arena in order to use them when crafting

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Cynic Jester posted:

I think your first goal should be at least one premium tab so you can sell stuff. If you don't want to do that, the tabs I've found to be the biggest QoL improvements are the currency tab and the map tab.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Jusupov posted:

* Bestiary Orbs are the items you use to trade beasts. A Bestiary orb does not contain a beast whereas an Imprinted Bestiary Orb does contain one.
* They do not drop and can be bought from Einhair for an Orb of Alchemy.

Simple Rope Net - 4
Reinforced Rope Net - 7
Strong Rope Net - 15
Simple Iron Net - 25
Reinforced Iron Net - 37
Strong Iron Net - 48
Simple Steel Net - 58
Reinforced Steel Net - 60
Strong Steel Net - 64
Thaumaturgical Net - 68

Why are there 10 versions instead of half that

Because otherwise everyone will just hoard their nets until the endgame, when GGG wants people to actively use them while levelling. Its the same reason leaguestones were tiered and the same reason flasks have upgrades.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Can I get a guild invite on Sevarend? Hopefully there's still space.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Cory in the Blouse posted:

A tab pack for more space, At least one premium tab so you can sell poo poo. I haven't bought the map one yet but probably will once i get to maps or if it goes on sale.

I would skip the more gimmicky ones like fragments and essences for now. Counterpoint: I like the div cards one because you actually can look at the art.

This right here. The premium stash tab bundle gives you 6 premium tabs so you can sell stuff and have room to store too many items. Currency and Map tab are the next best, the others arent needed but are nice if you want to throw the dough. Fragment tab is the least needed.

Unfortunately for Cynic Jester, the big tab sale ended yesterday but should be back either the weekend of the 9th - 12th or 16th - 19th.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I have a good chunk of tabs that I bought years ago so I haven't felt super pressured for the map tab. One each for white, yellow, and red worked fine for me in Harbinger (and I did 36/40). Didn't really play abyss.

If I was just starting out a new account (4 basic tabs), I would get 1 premium bundle, currency tab, and map tab, and 4 premium upgrades because of aesthetics

They really should give a free premium tab upgrade for killing A10 Kitava (once per account)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

Because otherwise everyone will just hoard their nets until the endgame, when GGG wants people to actively use them while levelling. Its the same reason leaguestones were tiered and the same reason flasks have upgrades.
I think the question was more "for that end-goal is it really necessary to have three tiers of net across six levels?"

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
"The Strange Barrel unique strongbox encounter has been reworked. It still doesn't contain swarms of things, but if it did, those swarms would spawn more quickly."

I'm so glad that Strange Barrel doesn't have swarms of things or I'd be worried. :sweatdrop:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mo_Steel posted:

"The Strange Barrel unique strongbox encounter has been reworked. It still doesn't contain swarms of things, but if it did, those swarms would spawn more quickly."

I'm so glad that Strange Barrel doesn't have swarms of things or I'd be worried. :sweatdrop:

It's a pretty good source of sensible objects.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Neato, trickster with mostly poo poo gear can do 450k on Shaper with SR. Tossed in RF and some higher end gear and it's like 750k. That'll do.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ghostlight posted:

I think the question was more "for that end-goal is it really necessary to have three tiers of net across six levels?"

I guess it was their solution for players wanting to know “should I use this net now or hold onto it”. If the nets expire at the end of every act, it will encourage less hoarding.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

There are too many good deadeye nodes.

e. I guess fast and deadly, far shot, endless munitions, and tailwind will be the way to go on most builds, although the life gain on hit/crit chance/multi on rupture is pretty nice too. Probably going to just start as a bow build and decide what to do with it later (doomfletch, windripper, wander, whatever).

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 1, 2018

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Think Ive gotten everyone who asked for a guild invite, but if I missed you (or you didnt post yet), there's still plenty of room (and there probably wont be in two days so get in now)

I'd like an invite. Name in-game is BashBrainpan

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I'm psyched for them animals!

I got purged between leagues it looks like, OurPreciousEssence looks like my only name without a bunch of underscores in it.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
I got two dumb questions!

First one is about Eldritch Battery's interaction with Mind over Matter, as I'm thinking of a tanky Guardian with a lot of auras. Is this right?

* 1000 Incoming damage is reduced by armour to 300
* I take 210 damage and 90 goes to mana because MoM
* This 90 damage is absorbed by my energy shield

The second one is about guild invites -- how do I give the guild inviter a character name for the pokemon league guild if I can't make any pokemon guild characters since it hasn't started yet?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It just needs to be any character on your account, if you don't have any yet you could just make one now and get it invited

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

palecur posted:

I got two dumb questions!

First one is about Eldritch Battery's interaction with Mind over Matter, as I'm thinking of a tanky Guardian with a lot of auras. Is this right?

* 1000 Incoming damage is reduced by armour to 300
* I take 210 damage and 90 goes to mana because MoM
* This 90 damage is absorbed by my energy shield

The second one is about guild invites -- how do I give the guild inviter a character name for the pokemon league guild if I can't make any pokemon guild characters since it hasn't started yet?

MoM only protects damage that would hit your life, not your ES, so basically 210 damage goes to ES untill your ES is gone, then it would be split between life and mana.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Been waiting for the new league to jump back in, I could use a re-invite for DaddyHitMe

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Fenris13 posted:

MoM only protects damage that would hit your life, not your ES, so basically 210 damage goes to ES untill your ES is gone, then it would be split between life and mana.

But because of Eldritch Battery, ES doesn't protect my life at all, so after the armour reduction it's 300 damage incoming to life, of which MoM peels off 30%, or 90 damage, to mana -- which is protected by ES. That's the part I'm getting confused with.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Wiki on MoM posted:

Eldritch Battery and Chaos damage

If the node Eldritch Battery is chosen energy shield protects mana instead of life. This energy shield will absorb the converted damage before it is applied on mana. Since chaos damage bypasses energy shield the chaos damage will then be applied directly on mana.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

palecur posted:

But because of Eldritch Battery, ES doesn't protect my life at all, so after the armour reduction it's 300 damage incoming to life, of which MoM peels off 30%, or 90 damage, to mana -- which is protected by ES. That's the part I'm getting confused with.

Oh sorry, I completely missed you were asking about Eldritch battery, which yes works like you think it does.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

palecur posted:

Any current character name works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkhamPraetor
Sep 11, 2011
Wish they gave the exact details on the minion changes, because less base damage and more base attack speed seems insane for animate weapon. Probably a solid choice regardless though.

Also got purged, could I get a reinvite? name: AutomatedWitchBurning