Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

laffo that shroud's team won 3/5 games with the top kill count in 2 yet still came in second. Dinners should be worth way more

edit: top kills overall too

Tweak fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
yeah scoring on that seemed pretty stupid

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Scoring should be based on two criteria: kills and sick jumps

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jerkface posted:

Please use the m249 on cars and not doors, do not waste its incredible potential

Thats better

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Honestly just get the M249 in a squad game, have all your teammates swap to AKs and give you all the 556, and just spray 800 bullets in the general direction of an enemy squad. If you know know some guys are camping in a 2 story, just spray that house non-stop for three minutes and just scare the poo poo out of them.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Destro posted:

yeah scoring on that seemed pretty stupid

Yea, 1 point per rank and zero kill points means the only thing that matters is average placement. It's like if you took the real PUBG leaderboards and decided that kills were worth far too much in overall ranking. Actually even the real leaderboards weight wins way higher than 2nd place.

Shroud's team had DOUBLE the kills of the 2nd highest kills team, on top of winning 3/5 of the games.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Cinara posted:

Yea, 1 point per rank and zero kill points means the only thing that matters is average placement. It's like if you took the real PUBG leaderboards and decided that kills were worth far too much in overall ranking. Actually even the real leaderboards weight wins way higher than 2nd place.

Shroud's team had DOUBLE the kills of the 2nd highest kills team, on top of winning 3/5 of the games.

Yeah in the end though they took home the most money something like double what the first place team took, so I guess it didn't really matter.

Ravenwebb
Dec 2, 2005

Theres something about dog dick...
Update: I have not played any games this season.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Wait, your problem with this tournament was the scoring ?

I admit I only saw the last two games, but the camerawork was atrocious. The only thing that made it watchable was setting up multitwitch.tv to show my 4 favorites.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Wait, your problem with this tournament was the scoring ?

I admit I only saw the last two games, but the camerawork was atrocious. The only thing that made it watchable was setting up multitwitch.tv to show my 4 favorites.

The main stream was totally worthless, but watching Chocotaco's stream it was fine. I assume people were just watching their favorite streamer and when they died either swapping to someone else or doing something else, since the main stream was basically worse than if they just had the map open the whole time.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ravenwebb posted:

Update: I have not played any games this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F11E1dp7Fjw

Edit: Here is a nice play on one of the stupidest cars ive seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRSYv7BBs-Y

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 1, 2018

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What happens if you drown yourself in the waiting time for the match to start? I keep trying but I'm a slow loader and I've only managed to juuust run out of breath when the plane starts.

E: Or I guess kill yourself with fall damage too? That seems harder though.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Damage is turned off.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I heard Shroud took a Vector into the final circles. It must be God's gun.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Pubgsltv/status/969196986883825665?s=19

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

VulgarandStupid posted:

It actually is

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Lex Neville posted:

Damage is turned off.

Yup. All of it. All damage.

I tried drowning myself one game but that didn't work. Now sometimes I instead just dive in the water and see how far I can get.

Ravenwebb
Dec 2, 2005

Theres something about dog dick...

my fault, should have gotten out of the way of the car that wasnt flipped that nobody got out of. I sound nice though

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So I have a very annoying bug where my PTT key is no longer working. It stopped in a game a week or so ago and it hasn't come good. I've tried resetting the key, mute un-mute, checked my .ini and everything is fine.

Open mic doesn't work either, I don't even get the tiny in game icon to show its working.

Any ideas?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Set the mic you use to default communications device, not just default (recording) device. That's been an issue for me before, hope it helps.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Are you guys able to use the discord in game overlay in PUBG? I have enabled it but I never get anything in game.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Le0 posted:

Are you guys able to use the discord in game overlay in PUBG? I have enabled it but I never get anything in game.

Occasionally yes. Without rhyme or known reason, this sometimes works. Go to discord settings/games, and delete the profile for PUBG. Launch the game, then in the same settings/games menu, enable to discord overlay.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
My hot key for recording 1-minute clips with nvidia broke. I have no idea why. The overlay for nvidia still pops up when I hit the hot key, but it won't record my clips anymore :(

revolther
May 27, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Nah man, don't jump off the roof with a micro uzi hoping to wipe the whole squad, YOU AREN'T SHROUD.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Speaking of gun chat, what is the opinion on the M-16? I've been watching Choco favor it over the typical scar/M4 and he does so well, I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if I'm just complete rear end with burst mode.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

fargom posted:

Speaking of gun chat, what is the opinion on the M-16? I've been watching Choco favor it over the typical scar/M4 and he does so well, I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if I'm just complete rear end with burst mode.

It's an extremely good gun, but choco plays thousands of hours and has been able to get extremely good with it. It's a very difficult gun to become extremely good with, and spraying your m4/scar is much easier if you are a somewhat casual player.

Shroud, who also has thousands of hours in, prefers m4 by a ton.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ashrik posted:

Occasionally yes. Without rhyme or known reason, this sometimes works. Go to discord settings/games, and delete the profile for PUBG. Launch the game, then in the same settings/games menu, enable to discord overlay.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

Mine stays on now. Yeah, in settings games, enable it and then make sure it's enabled in overlay.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's an extremely good gun, but choco plays thousands of hours and has been able to get extremely good with it. It's a very difficult gun to become extremely good with, and spraying your m4/scar is much easier if you are a somewhat casual player.

When I watched choco several months ago, I’m pretty sure m16 was his least favorite AR.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he likes the m16 on mexico.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

cosmicjim posted:

When I watched choco several months ago, I’m pretty sure m16 was his least favorite AR.

It was, but he learned how to spray it like butter and it melts people.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Apparently the first 2 bursts have next to no horizontal recoil, so if you can pull down correctly, it's a laser beam.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

fargom posted:

If you're playing as close to perfectly as possible, the M16 on burst is the best rifle since if you hit every shot you have the fastest time-to-kill. I am not a perfect player, in fact I am real bad, so I prefer the M4 or Scar.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Spray like butter? Huh.
Yeah it has slightly higher DPS than the M4 apparently, so what they said. ^^^

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I think I heard Shroud mention recently (was it on the tournament stream this week?) that he is at 1400 hours currently. That is a lot of pubg. I think that works out to ca 8 months of mon-fri 8h work days (someone check my math), which makes sense given how long the game has been available.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 2, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Spray like butter? Huh.
Yeah it has slightly higher DPS than the M4 apparently, so what they said. ^^^

I think I heard Shroud mention recently (was it on the tournament stream this week?) that he is at 1400 hours currently. That is a lot of pubg. I think that works out to ca 8 months of mon-fri 8h work days (someone check my math), which makes sense given how long the game has been available.

I think choco is at 2k+ hours. It's really the only game he streams (other than the very occasional cs:go or minecraft). Shroud jumps on other games a decent amount.

And yea I thought my butter comment was weird too after I posted it...smooth like butter... :shrug:

Edit: Viss (from TSM) has 2,600 hours on record :stare:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like the feel of the m-16 best but i am utter garbage with recoil in general so i'm extra garbage with it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The M16 is also best if you're extremely bad, just like the AK, because you can just put it on burst and spray wildly and if you happen to get extremely lucky and headshot the enemy twice you kill them immediately and it doesn't matter how good your opponent was. It's probably better to try to improve but hey, better lucky than good.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

:vince:

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
So I turned on the Korean blood effects. I find it pretty useful in terms of spotting people who are fighting and seeing when some iffy far shots have hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Ashrik posted:

So I turned on the Korean blood effects. I find it pretty useful in terms of spotting people who are fighting and seeing when some iffy far shots have hit.

It seems shady as gently caress to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBO51jFH2E

I would probably find it more useful than many, seeing as I am colour blind, but this is an unfair advantage, so I'm not touching it. I'm assuming they are going to patch it out or at least change the brightness.