Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Zaodai posted:

I'm with you there. The Abridged voices have actually replaced the official English dub voices in my head for what the characters should sound like speaking English, and I tend to think of the characters as the Abridged characters personality wise. Especially secondary characters, like Mr. Popo and Super Kami Guru. They did an excellent job on the whole series.

There's no way they could finish it before they die of old age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mind the walrus posted:

Apparently KaiserNeko tweeted that the Cell Saga finale they're working on is likely going to be the last DBZ: A they ever do, which stinks.

I was looking forward to them doing the Buu stuff because I never watched that part of the show back in the day, and DBZ:A is legitimately better than the actual show in my mind at storytelling and entertainment, so it would have been almost entirely new to me.

They say that at the end of every arc so don’t take to much stock into it until it’s official.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaodai posted:

Mr. Popo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

They say that at the end of every arc so don’t take to much stock into it until it’s official.
I really do hope so :unsmith:

I just want to figure out what the actual deal with all the Buu poo poo (pun intended) is without having to slog through 50 episodes of filler. I've been reading online synopsis since I was literally a child, but it never really parses. He's a fattie then he turns into skinny then there's a good fattie and a kid one and the fusions happen at some point and oh look I don't care anymore.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

mind the walrus posted:

I really do hope so :unsmith:

I just want to figure out what the actual deal with all the Buu poo poo (pun intended) is without having to slog through 50 episodes of filler. I've been reading online synopsis since I was literally a child, but it never really parses. He's a fattie then he turns into skinny then there's a good fattie and a kid one and the fusions happen at some point and oh look I don't care anymore.

He's a magic elder god with the brain of a child. Then he gets mad and his naive half and evil half separate. Then the evil half eats the naive half and becomes an elder god with average intelligence. Then he eats Piccolo and becomes a smart elder god, then he just starts eating everyone and becomes an existential threat to the universe.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's been a while since I've read anything from DC. Is that the status quo now? Like Bruce and Selina are a healthy couple and apparently everyone, or at least Ivy knows who he is?

It's actually explained in-story; not that everyone knows who he is; it's that Ivy figured it out by using Mind Control poo poo to take over the planet and then looking for the only people in Gotham who weren't mind-controlled (because Batman had inoculated himself and Selina). She explicitly references an older story where the Joker hid bombs in Metropolis and put them all in lead-lined boxes so that Superman couldn't find them with X-Ray Vision and so instead Superman just looked for all the lead-lined boxes that he couldn't see through.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Whenever I manage to sneak up on my friends, I always put on a grin and go "Hi.. ." In Mr Popo's tone of voice. It works surprisingly well.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's actually explained in-story; not that everyone knows who he is; it's that Ivy figured it out by using Mind Control poo poo to take over the planet and then looking for the only people in Gotham who weren't mind-controlled (because Batman had inoculated himself and Selina). She explicitly references an older story where the Joker hid bombs in Metropolis and put them all in lead-lined boxes so that Superman couldn't find them with X-Ray Vision and so instead Superman just looked for all the lead-lined boxes that he couldn't see through.

That's actually clever and yet...

She's already taken over the planet, does it really matter now?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It doesn't matter. The issue ends with Ivy telling them that it doesn't matter they're inoculated because she controls everyone else, and just leaves them. Catwoman asks Batman what the plan is, and he has no clue.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Impossible

Batman has a plan for everything

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

site posted:

Impossible

Even Plastic Man?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SilverSupernova posted:

Even Plastic Man?

Yes. Don’t piss off plastic man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

site posted:

Impossible

Batman's plan was to tell everyone that he had a plan.
It's not the perfect plan, if you get called on it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SilverSupernova posted:

Even Plastic Man?

Freeze him then break him into a million pieces

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Freeze him then break him into a million pieces

Note that this will not actually kill Plastic Man, but if he's lucky Bruce will be long dead by the time Patrick pulls himself back together.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Alacron posted:

Note that this will not actually kill Plastic Man, but if he's lucky Bruce will be long dead by the time Patrick pulls himself back together.

Isn't Plas' name Eel O'Brien?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

Isn't Plas' name Eel O'Brien?

Yes?

Not being snarky, just trying to cover my rear end

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So yeah, a problem with the 'I have taken over everyone' stories in comics (especially when you do it with chemicals) is that it tends to include physiologically different beings like aliens (Supes, J'onn, etc), cyborgs, and of course Plastic Man himself whose brain literally doesn't work like any normal human anymore.

But I guess they need to up the stakes and ask us not to think too hard about it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pureauthor posted:

So yeah, a problem with the 'I have taken over everyone' stories in comics (especially when you do it with chemicals) is that it tends to include physiologically different beings like aliens (Supes, J'onn, etc), cyborgs, and of course Plastic Man himself whose brain literally doesn't work like any normal human anymore.

But I guess they need to up the stakes and ask us not to think too hard about it.

This is that "magic xylophone" attitude and you'll enjoy fiction a whole lot more if you get over it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Doom Patrol/JLA Special (Milk Wars #4)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wat

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You heard her.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If I'm reading that right Vixen's totem worked in tandem with Crazy Jane's "Scarlet Harlot" personality to access the power of inflation fetishism, and somehow extend that to everyone on the JLA/DP.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
lets see if we can pull through this without making a fatman joke

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kevin Palpatine posted:

Specifically? Sure.

Lardbo, Danny Eats Sweets, Killer Frosting, Fat Canary, Crave Cakeson, Weighty Woman, Flex MenTallow, The Weigh, Fixin(s), Mother Picnic, Lazy Jane, Robot Ham, Ryan Chew, Larry (needs a personal) Trainor, Bruce Gain.

edit: Shade the Chomping Woman was off screen, I guess.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 28, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

But....to what end?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Kevin Palpatine posted:

gobble a stump

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #300

Pretty awesome page huh?
Well on the very next page...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I say props to Jonah for not driving an SUV. :thumbsup:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I think JJJ is having a stroke guys. :ohdear:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SilverSupernova posted:

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #300

Pretty awesome page huh?
Well on the very next page...

In the Japanese version of this comic, Jameson says "My God! You webbed menace!"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Question IRL posted:

In the Japanese version of this comic, Jameson says "My God! You webbed menace!"

Lol I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking of that

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Doom Patrol/JLA Special (Milk Wars #4)

I can't believe it applies to Danny.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

mind the walrus posted:

If I'm reading that right Vixen's totem worked in tandem with Crazy Jane's "Scarlet Harlot" personality to access the power of inflation fetishism, and somehow extend that to everyone on the JLA/DP.

The inflation part is from Flex Mentallo. A dangerous off shoot of his Muscle Mystery called Inflation Intensity. Milk Wars was pretty great. All sorts of strange and wonderful.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Specifically? Sure.

Lardbo, Danny Eats Sweets, Killer Frosting, Fat Canary, Crave Cakeson, Weighty Woman, Flex MenTallow, The Weigh, Fixin(s), Mother Picnic, Lazy Jane, Robot Ham, Ryan Chew, Larry (needs a personal) Trainor, Bruce Gain.

edit: Shade the Chomping Woman was off screen, I guess.

"Fixin(s)" is genius

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
why do I get the feeling that "tantu totem" is a euphemism for "vagina"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kevin Palpatine posted:

why do I get the feeling that "tantu totem" is a euphemism for "vagina"

Nah, it's Vixen's animal necklace that gives her powers to channel into the Red and use animal abilities in all sorts of ways. It's mostly a foci for her innate powers though. Animal Man has very similar powers, and they've teamed up several times.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Penis and Vagina, got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I don't see how you could possibly see anything sexual about their animal abili--

gets handed a note

Oh yeah, there was that time they were sharing a fresh hunted meal over a bonfire in Africa and their animal pheromone powers almost forced them to bang...