Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
a lot of the basic rhythm of VT1 definitely carries over. it's currently pretty obvious in game who was hard in on VT1 and who isn't, because they'll be pretty much unstoppable in normal hordes but will still get completely clobbered by berserker units and the new specials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Coolguye posted:

Pretty much unstoppable in normal hordes but will still get completely clobbered by berserker units and the new specials.

Yes hello this is me right now, I keep going in to boldly smash those bald pricks in the head and then NOOOOOoooooo!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I never played the first game. Will they add in more characters as DLC? Dwarves, Humans and a Elf are boring, I want to be a Skaven.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Only 3 maps in this beta is a bummer. Think I'm gonna continue holding off from playing much until the full release. At least Into the Breach just came out.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

We just noticed there appears to be a jumping puzzle that wraps up and around the Keep. It starts

and continues up. It wraps around a pole eventually and I can't seem to make that jump just yet

but it seems to keep going. Edit: I made it up, this definitely keeps going.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 1, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I never played the first game. Will they add in more characters as DLC? Dwarves, Humans and a Elf are boring, I want to be a Skaven.

the huge amount of voice acting each character has strongly suggests that no they will not

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Madcosby posted:

I feel it's taking me 3 shots sometimes on the lowest level of trash rat to take it down with the off hand pistol (with power 5 weapon). Not sure if I'm aiming poorly or if it's weak, or both
It was ultra-nerfed. Up close its damage is the same but its ranged damage falloff is punishing. Try it out shooting at a target dummy.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Vargs posted:

Only 3 maps in this beta is a bummer. Think I'm gonna continue holding off from playing much until the full release. At least Into the Breach just came out.

there's more, just in quick play

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Atoramos posted:

We just noticed there appears to be a jumping puzzle that wraps up and around the Keep. It starts

and continues up. It wraps around a pole eventually and I can't seem to make that jump just yet

but it seems to keep going.

I think the Keep changes to allow you to make that final one, judging by how the entrances start off blocked by rubble now.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Quickplay has sent me to against the grain about 6 outta 7 times now.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Caidin posted:

Quickplay has sent me to against the grain about 6 outta 7 times now.

That's because they're testing out progression, so not many players have unlocked the 2nd or 3rd level

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Atoramos posted:

That's because they're testing out progression, so not many players have unlocked the 2nd or 3rd level

I got sent to the manor map on my second quickplay session.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Still remain convinced that I'll just wait for full release with bosses, and special missions, and everything.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nurgle level fun

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i absolutely got some greens before i was level 5

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Captain Mediocre posted:

This is all really handy, thanks. Is there any situation in which I would want to be using the L-click attack with the default staff instead of the charged AOE?

It is relatively heat-efficient if literally nobody else is present to plink at lone trash mobs running at you one by one, and is relatively heat-per-damage efficient against super lightly armored targets like packmasters and sorcerers if you can land headshots. Plink at some of the target dummies in the keep to get an idea (its the door on your left as you load in). It's not bad, but.... I... kinda... wrote myself into a corner, there. Like, if you're ever in a position to use it you have to be asking why use ranged at all and keep your passive off cooldown, know what I mean?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

Yes hello this is me right now, I keep going in to boldly smash those bald pricks in the head and then NOOOOOoooooo!

I am convinced that berserkers are a gameplay test to see if one person has enough stamina to block a 5 hit combo and another, different person simultaneously can pivot away from something to deal with that guy dishing out the 5 hit combo.

It's not like the stormvermin duel or chaos warrior duel at all. It's like: this is your life now, take this out or don't and kiss dirt.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Orikaeshigitae posted:

there's more, just in quick play

the two maps that were in the older beta, or actual new content?

game is still fun as gently caress but i don't get why they didn't just give us all the maps

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there some trick to getting people to join a game thru Quickplay if I'm queuing with someone? We've been 2/4 for five minutes, but the party fills instantly when we solo queue.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Willie Tomg posted:

It is relatively heat-efficient if literally nobody else is present to plink at lone trash mobs running at you one by one, and is relatively heat-per-damage efficient against super lightly armored targets like packmasters and sorcerers if you can land headshots. Plink at some of the target dummies in the keep to get an idea (its the door on your left as you load in). It's not bad, but.... I... kinda... wrote myself into a corner, there. Like, if you're ever in a position to use it you have to be asking why use ranged at all and keep your passive off cooldown, know what I mean?

It does help a lot that your overheat basically disappears after ten seconds with the base BW passive. Chuck fireballs all day erry day then just swordfight for a bit while it drops back to zero.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i absolutely got some greens before i was level 5

Cool, if anyone gets a blue before 10 or an orange before 15 please post it

The gates in the last beta incentivized you to hoard boxes and I'm hoping this means that's out

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Is it just me or does the first hit of Kruber's halberd feel a little wonky? So many times I've come in to chop someone and like phase through them, the follow-up hits still work but it's gotten me smacked hard a few times now.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Is it just me or does the first hit of Kruber's halberd feel a little wonky? So many times I've come in to chop someone and like phase through them, the follow-up hits still work but it's gotten me smacked hard a few times now.

i've gotten this too

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well the sidearm changes are one way to make sure I don't have the rapier welded into my melee slot at all times while playing as non-Zealot Saltzpyre. Now I at least have a reason to play with the other fun weapons like the greatsword and flail now. :v:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Yardbomb posted:

The client feels pretty unstable. I've definitely seen some teleporting mobs (the most obvious being a rat ogre that suddenly shifted twenty feet), but the weirdest thing has been mob pop-in which I thought was just not a thing for this kind of game. Monster closets are one thing but wandering mobs not loading with the map is kind of weird.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Digirat posted:

The gates in the last beta incentivized you to hoard boxes and I'm hoping this means that's out

I did in the last beta

also lol at hoarding boxes

what are you, rat thing?

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

dmboogie posted:

the two maps that were in the older beta, or actual new content?

game is still fun as gently caress but i don't get why they didn't just give us all the maps

i don't know, i was only in the last one. one is a mansion demolition mission and one is a clan fester battle. haven't seen others yet

Orv
May 4, 2011

Digirat posted:

I've been getting blue trinkets/charms since 6.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How do you unlock maps past the first one? 6/6 on it so far.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

How do you unlock maps past the first one? 6/6 on it so far.

Just complete it, you should have the burning town open if you beat the grain one, mind you quick match is gonna give you the grain a ton because of all the people just starting at various times today.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Are the servers offline for anyone else? The forums say the server is up, but the launcher is showing it down for me.

e: Ignore this, I was trying to run the closed test, not the actual client.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Yardbomb posted:

Just complete it, you should have the burning town open if you beat the grain one, mind you quick match is gonna give you the grain a ton because of all the people just starting at various times today.

I had checked after each map since I saw custom game showed the maps as a progression, but I couldn't select anything after against the grain.

I had horded my boxes until after 5 though, opened them and my power level went to 98. All three maps were then unlocked in custom game, and my next map was empire in flames. I suspect that, like a lot of things, it's power level gated. Empire was mostly chaos enemies which are tougher, so that kind of makes sense.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Lots of fun, seems to run smoother now and look better for me.

Been getting some good runs in. Died on the first run with some pretty new people in my group, but the next four runs from level 2-5 were all double grim/triple tome runs and got some good chests to save for opening. I really feel like the Keep has some possibilities for having some character.

Did anybody else notice that they removed the stupid Naruto headband from Victor's Zealot? Lol

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Digirat posted:

Definitely got a blue just now on a level 8 Bardin.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Digirat posted:

I should post this as well, I got oranges before 15 in the beta.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

I followed along, even got to above the portrait on the second floor, but it seems to end there?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
my favorite part of this game so far

not having the weapon you want to use because of ~levels~

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Good news! The game isn't stuttering in the pre-order beta build now. I don't know what changed, but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

was kruber's hunter discipline making him do like double mega ultra loving hella crits in the last beta? i never played his hunter setup but jesus mary christ this is vicious

• Locked thread