Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Manatee Cannon posted:

the multiplayer is a bit of an afterthought in bloodborne

Another reason it's the best! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Fix posted:

I don't have to play the game at all.

I really want to like it, but I find that it's just too frustrating to lose 20-30 minutes of play at a time when I'm lucky to get an hour a day.

You aren't losing, you're getting better at the game.

But you know what, if you're not having fun, dump it. There ain't no "universal game" (except maybe Tetris?)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Fix posted:

I really want to like it, but I find that it's just too frustrating to lose 20-30 minutes of play at a time when I'm lucky to get an hour a day.

They were not being sarcastic. The first section of Bloodborne, up until Gascgoine is supposed to subtly teach you how the game works. Dodge into attacks and not away, bait enemies away from groups, retaliate when you're hit to regain health, watch your corners, learn their patterns. The two werewolves' lesson is "don't pick a fight with something that will obviously wreck you". You're supposed to go down the stairs nearby and go around them.

The game is not for everyone but if it clicks with you, you'll have a hell of a time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's only lost time if you count losing a fighting game match to also be lost time

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My only complaint about Bloodborne is that you can't turn into a werewolf. I wanted this so badly, and it implies you might be able to, and in the first couple weeks people thought it might be possible, but alas...no wolfin' out and invading or chomping bosses.

I didn't use beast blood pellets at all and was stingy with blood vials for the first several hours because I had a totally wrong hunch (hope?) that ingesting too much blood would make you wolf out and it'd be a bad thing for your character. I was a little bummed when I realized that wouldn't be a mechanic, that'd have been an awesome shock to receive. "You slammed too many health items too quickly, you're a werewolf now like the other degenerates, enjoy the rest of the game you mutt"

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'll give it another run when I find a bit more time to actually learn something.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fix posted:

I'll give it another run when I find a bit more time to actually learn something.

Same. I get to play games for roughly 60 minutes before the lady gets home. Then it’s dinner, chores, Netflix or a game we play together.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

nerdz posted:

From playing last week the invader community was pretty much dead. Never had a single invasion. Unless veterans come back, which might be unlikely.

Yeah but I haven't played for a while and I'll definitely log back on for a new man and make some people's lives miserable.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Sounds like psychologically healthy behavior.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fix posted:

you totally can if you don't like it. I'm just letting you know that the werewolves don't gate progress so you don't have to fight them if they annoy you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There are some enemies which even after putting so much time into, I always constantly die and I hate dealing with because they feel so bad, luckily they are always optional and I can watch experts clown on them on YouTube

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Manatee Cannon posted:

you totally can if you don't like it. I'm just letting you know that the werewolves don't gate progress so you don't have to fight them if they annoy you

Fair.

Are they factually a lot tougher than that first one in the clinic, or was I just unlucky when the Molotov went sailing straight through it?

Fix fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 1, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The one in the clinic starts off wounded and nearly dead

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the one in the clinic is weaker by design. if you watch its health bar, you may notice that it starts at half health. you can actually kill it in one backstab with no weapon

also there's just the one and that helps a lot

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Huh. All right. Didn’t make sense that those dudes would be weaker then the pitchfork mans.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Nice month! Time to trade-in R&C to Amazon or Best Buy or something. I never tried Bloodborne either.

Finally, some good games (aside from Knack in February).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've been on the phone to Sony support every month since 2016 trying to get Knack removed from PSN

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I remember when they put injustice up on PSN when it was still pretty fresh so I renewed for a year. They really got me with this Knack joke.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The PlayStation 4 exists solely to play Yakuza and Yakuza based games on. And I don't know, I guess Valkeria Chronicles 4 too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

I remember when they put injustice up on PSN when it was still pretty fresh so I renewed for a year. They really got me with this Knack joke.

That was 2015 it was 2 years old

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sony is dropping PS3 and Vita free games from the PS plus lineup in a year. Which almost seems like a non announcement, but hey.Guess I can dig through the 500 free PS3 and vita games I already got for those systems if I ever fire one of them up again. I'm sure the Vita thread is pissed lol.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

That was 2015 it was 2 years old

Was it? I felt like it was a good deal at the time and the game wasn't cheap. They still long conned me into adding knack to my library.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Actually i think it might have been dec 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Knack is a good game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe sony can give us an actually good vita game on plus for once if they're gonna discontinue the service there

last one I cared about was, what... super meat boy?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

Actually i think it might have been dec 2014

That's just under two years I think. It was a good deal because I like fighting games but I never buy them because I tend not to play them a lot. I'm buying soul calibur day one though because I have the SC nostalgia goggles firmly affixed after reminiscing about the Dreamcast a lot recently.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Oh cool, maintenance. So much for bloodborne tonight.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I got into BB not long after launch, got through CB and FG but put it down for whatever reason and by the time I tried to get back into it I felt intimidated again and sold it. Watched ENB's excellent LP of it, read a ton of extra lore but still felt ashamed for never having actually completed it - so I bought it again last night.

Oh well. Time to beat you - I will not submit again!

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Fix posted:

n00b

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe sony can give us an actually good vita game on plus for once if they're gonna discontinue the service there

last one I cared about was, what... super meat boy?

I thought you said good games?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Look at all these scrublords who can't make it through the first hour of an easy game like Bloodborne. Go play your Sesame Street games for babies. :smug:

please don't hurt me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hahahahaha how is Bloodborne even a hard game hahahahaha nigga just don't get hit like nigga parry the monsters haha

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m so glad Bloodborne is the + game this month, so that if I hate it like I’m probably going to, I won’t be pissed about dropping money on it. I keep buying those kinds of games and hating them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m so glad Bloodborne is the + game this month, so that if I hate it like I’m probably going to, I won’t be pissed about dropping money on it. I keep buying those kinds of games and hating them.

The change in scenery to Lovecraftian stuff made it for me but I'm also a dude that bounced off it super hard before coming back and declaring it the greatest game ever made a year later.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm gonna revisit Bloodbourne. Did the loading times between deaths speed up since the first major patch near launch? Was it ever optimized for Pro?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Housh posted:

I'm gonna revisit Bloodbourne. Did the loading times between deaths speed up since the first major patch near launch? Was it ever optimized for Pro?

They’re massively improved. The load times are barely noticeable now. That was a HUGE problem for me at launch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m glad so many people will get to experience Bloodborne, the easiest game ever made

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Nice month! Time to trade-in R&C to Amazon or Best Buy or something. I never tried Bloodborne either.

Finally, some good games (aside from Knack in February).

Do it now. The values go down, but there's a day or two lag after they announce and value drops.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I should hate Outlast 2 for trying so goddamn hard but I am actually really enjoying it. I still laugh at some of this poo poo happening but there's also some spiffy crazy stuff and I like the imagery so far. Graphics are great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I beat Bloodborne for the first time today and I am glad there are going to be so many people around for my second and third playthroughs. :)