Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Yes if you have a powerful PC. Probably if you have a good one. No for anything less.

I have a beast PC. Seems like its 2-player co-op only though? Gotta talk a friend into it then.

E: I know there's matchmaking but ehhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

You can go in by yourself but as you can imagine that puts you at a pretty bad disadvantage against everyone else running around as duos.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
When I play solo I'll usually just bumrush the boss and immediately kill anyone fighting him, and if no one is fighting him I'll fight him myself.

People are generally extreme cowards in this game and will wait for banishment to finish before pushing someone who is fighting the boss, and if you're solo you can leave one token and just run the gently caress off. Most teams in my experience won't pursue a single token and will instead take the remaining one and extract.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Studio posted:

How do Ts of mooks differ? I watched a stream, and I saw that T2s had better guns and abilities, but do they get anything else (Is there HP higher but represented with the same bars? Faster? etc.)

HP can be higher when you buy them but the max is always 150. They can sometimes have gear or weapons that aren't available in the store and their outfits are generally much better for camouflage.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

They also tend to look a lot cooler imo, especially Tier 3s.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Studio posted:

How do Ts of mooks differ? I watched a stream, and I saw that T2s had better guns and abilities, but do they get anything else (Is there HP higher but represented with the same bars? Faster? etc.)

They get better starting gun access for less money, better perk and consumable/tool access, have more starting health, and look different. Generally by the time you're able to buy T2/3 there's little reason not to if you've been doing well. They're not a huge mechanical boost because you can kill anybody in the game with just about anything, but it's a bit of an advantage.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Me and a friend were trying to get our tier 1 hunters killed all night to have them replaced with tier 2's. Just running around with zero caution and shooting anything that moves. Ended up with 8 extractions in a row and like 30+ hunter kills between us.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

w00tmonger posted:

People issues getting this game to run properly seem to be related more to issues in hardware combination rather than good/bad hardware.

Yeah, its really funny watching people scream "I HAVE A loving 1080 WHY DOES THIS STUTTER" because they probably have a lovely processor. Too many people just think that all you need is a graphics card.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Danyull posted:

You can go in by yourself but as you can imagine that puts you at a pretty bad disadvantage against everyone else running around as duos.

Eh if your out player hunting and you don't have a good stealthy partner, solo is fantastic. There's always at least one loud group of two you can get a jump on

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Playing solo you just have to be a bit more careful about how you take engagements.

Sneak up on them and take a good headshot, close range shotgun jump, or dynamite toss. Camp near the boss and quietly move into the arena while they are distracted. You can usually take one guy down and the other dude won't even realize it is happening due to the commotion.

You cannot give your position away and long range engagements aren't advised unless you have a good shot and a good rifle (sparks)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
For long range I try shooting them with the suppressed pistol since it has shitload of ammo and they can't tell you are shooting them. I got a bunch of lucky headshots with it that way.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
My friend and I are overly cautious and conservative: usually we are the last ones to the party. We were playing on EU servers and looking for the final clue but then heard frequent shots start coming from the Church of the Black Madonna. We make our way there but the boss is already dead and the ritual is started. We're going deeper and deeper into the burnt down church. The ritual is complete and the relics drop... but no one picks them up! I suggest that we hide nearby, as we don't see the other players but they'd have to run by us to use either of the 3 exits. So we stop and wait. Several minutes later, as I'm beginning to wonder what's going on, I hear steps coming from the hallway behind us (which means that a third party is coming and would result in a Mexican standoff). I take aim by the door... and see a player sneaking in the dark from a different exit. As I shoot the player, I fail to land a headshot and two revolver bodyshots aren't enough to stop him. Then I get shot by the intruder from the hallway. The entire area lights up like a carnival, shots are resonating everywhere as a spectacular firefight erupts and then dies down. As I hear my friend shot down behind me, right before the game returns us to the lobby, we hear an accented voice: "loving pussies..."

We were laughing so hard, we didn't re-queue for a while.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kryopsis posted:

My friend and I are overly cautious and conservative: usually we are the last ones to the party. We were playing on EU servers and looking for the final clue but then heard frequent shots start coming from the Church of the Black Madonna. We make our way there but the boss is already dead and the ritual is started. We're going deeper and deeper into the burnt down church. The ritual is complete and the relics drop... but no one picks them up! I suggest that we hide nearby, as we don't see the other players but they'd have to run by us to use either of the 3 exits. So we stop and wait. Several minutes later, as I'm beginning to wonder what's going on, I hear steps coming from the hallway behind us (which means that a third party is coming and would result in a Mexican standoff). I take aim by the door... and see a player sneaking in the dark from a different exit. As I shoot the player, I fail to land a headshot and two revolver bodyshots aren't enough to stop him. Then I get shot by the intruder from the hallway. The entire area lights up like a carnival, shots are resonating everywhere as a spectacular firefight erupts and then dies down. As I hear my friend shot down behind me, right before the game returns us to the lobby, we hear an accented voice: "loving pussies..."

We were laughing so hard, we didn't re-queue for a while.

*Kills boss, refuses to pick up the bounty out of fear of being tracked / shot*

*Calls you a pussy*

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
I'll be around this weekend a bit. My old PSU blew out the SATA connections so none of the drives could be detected, got a new one and everything is running again!

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Lol somebody was camping the ladder on a clue in a barnhouse so when i came up the ladder he got like 7 shots off before i could even pull a gun. guess I'll be throwing random dynamite up ladders now :|

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
My new fav thing to do is to shoot crows far away with suppressed pistol and flank the dudes investigating it. :getin:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

keyframe posted:

My new fav thing to do is to shoot crows far away with suppressed pistol and flank the dudes investigating it. :getin:

This is pretty sneaky. I like it.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Forget the Sparks, Saber is where it's at! I just got 6 kills this game rushing people like a madman with the sword. New joke loadout is Sparks and Saber with four stamina shot syringes and a first aid. :v:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Feral Integral posted:

Lol somebody was camping the ladder on a clue in a barnhouse so when i came up the ladder he got like 7 shots off before i could even pull a gun. guess I'll be throwing random dynamite up ladders now :|

Ladders? They're bad.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I just had a bitchin game where we wiped every other player and extracted both butcher bounties and then I got the “due to a server error your hunter was restored to pre-mission status” bullshit :argh:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

God, the beta runs so much better for me than the alpha.
First game: I just got off work and I'm a little drunk, so I pick solo. I spawn next to the first clue. I slowly make my way over and get it just as the boss starts being banished. What the hell? That's was fast OH poo poo IT'S ONE LOCATION OVER!
I haul rear end through the woods and there are still two trophies on the ground, along with two dead hunters. I pick up a trophy and I couldn't be further away from an exit if I tried. Three minutes of running later, I come across another hunter and he has me in his sights from long range. I hear a pop and he goes down. I hear a second pop moments before I get to where I think cover is and I go down.

So close!

This game is good.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Goddamn the silenced Nagant is so good. I managed to take down a pair of hunters while they were looking for my buddy and they never knew where I was shooting from.

Game is good, and I think I’m getting better at it.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
This game's real good and I keep pushing people to buy it.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Logged in, and my hunter was gone, and while i know sometimes they reset that, it reset my money, and inventory. It won't provide me with the trash hunter, either. Is there any easy fix I missed for this?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Logged in, and my hunter was gone, and while i know sometimes they reset that, it reset my money, and inventory. It won't provide me with the trash hunter, either. Is there any easy fix I missed for this?

servers might be eating poo poo, happened to me earlier so i just went and ate lunch, came back and it was fine

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

They posted an announcement in the official Discord yesterday saying that there was a bug that caused many people's rank to reset when they restarted the servers. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.
Holy poo poo, this is Deadlands the video game. While I would kill for single player, this will do. If I just want to be an egregious dickhead running around solo, that's doable right?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

getting a desync error in this game is really creepy

Trizzdog
May 5, 2014
Original Proprietor of Space Dank

Considering everyone is cursed in some way and can do the spoopy hand things to find Blue's next clue, I think that creepy neck-break stare should be a feature, and not a desync bug.

Also playing during the day for not maximum spoop factor, disgusting.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Daytime is extra spooky because I feel so much more naked and exposed

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Man, we had a really cautious game and wiped everyone, then the 5 minute end game timer popped right as we were killing the butcher. drat game ended 30 seconds before we could get to an extraction and we "died". That's some bullshit.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AirRaid posted:

Man, we had a really cautious game and wiped everyone, then the 5 minute end game timer popped right as we were killing the butcher. drat game ended 30 seconds before we could get to an extraction and we "died". That's some bullshit.

I thought the 5 min timer started when someone extracted the bounties. Do games have time limits? We were in a game for 1.5 hours yesterday and never saw the timer so how long were you guys playing that round?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
This game looks cool, let me know when it's worth buying, hope it makes it out of beta at some point

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

keyframe posted:

I thought the 5 min timer started when someone extracted the bounties. Do games have time limits? We were in a game for 1.5 hours yesterday and never saw the timer so how long were you guys playing that round?

I don’t know, I think a hidden timer might trigger when it’s just your team left? It’s happened to me a couple of times now.

e: also if people didn’t know, if you burn the corpse of a downed player, it will burn away their potential empty health bars until they can no longer be revived. And the corpse burns for ages so it makes it real hard for them to be revived.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 4, 2018

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

AirRaid posted:

I don’t know, I think a hidden timer might trigger when it’s just your team left? It’s happened to me a couple of times now.

e: also if people didn’t know, if you burn the corpse of a downed player, it will burn away their potential empty health bars until they can no longer be revived. And the corpse burns for ages so it makes it real hard for them to be revived.

It makes it impossible for them to be revived because the other player will catch fire if they try and holding F will just put the fire that's on them out. Also, I'm pretty sure the timer not showing up is a bug. I had it happen to me a few times in the alpha, sometimes after people left with the bounty.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 4, 2018

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

AirRaid posted:

Cremating downed players should be a standard practice for anyone that has lanterns or molotovs handy.
Waste of a molotov? Not if it means one less dude out for revenge!

My favourite kill on a team so far was the south entrance to Reynard boss room:

The boss area has this little mini-barn and loft leading into a big gate. Inside the mini-barn are some explosive barrels...
I ran into a pair of dudes escaping from the butcher at that entrance (playing solo) and my panicked reaction was to toss a dynamite stick at my feet before booking it... Well, I didn't realize it would also set off every explosive barrel within what feels like a kilometer, including the ones in the barn.
Came back to an artful arrangement of burning corpses after worrying that they had escaped and were hunting me around the compound.

As a side note: the loft above that entrance is an INCREDIBLY GOOD camping spot if you are being a hunter-hunter. The only way up there is a ladder, and you can peek down and out from the loft itself to eyeball any potential approach. That said it is a dead-end if someone decides to flush you out with explosives, so be ready to drop down and run (Running inside the boss-room is probably a safer bet in that case - so long as that gate is open!)

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 4, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011

keyframe posted:

The timer should be 25 minutes so I have no idea how you were in a round that long. Maybe they increased it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Just started with this game, other than the monster load time and the looming possibility of disconnecting from their server it's very interesting and intense. It would be nice to know the exact benefits for trying to keep a hunter character around longer, if you end up going for the big prize there's a high chance of death. I got out of a match with two clues and nothing else for the first time, and got like... 4 levels? But what will it mean for my character really though? I've lost like 6-7 dooders already and they don't seem to matter too much.

Infinium
May 27, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Just started with this game, other than the monster load time and the looming possibility of disconnecting from their server it's very interesting and intense. It would be nice to know the exact benefits for trying to keep a hunter character around longer, if you end up going for the big prize there's a high chance of death. I got out of a match with two clues and nothing else for the first time, and got like... 4 levels? But what will it mean for my character really though? I've lost like 6-7 dooders already and they don't seem to matter too much.

In the grand scheme losing people isn't a huge deal. When you get out aside from money and extra XP on the bloodline rank (which in turn lets you buy better equipment/gear) your hunter also has XP points you'll get used to purchase extra health pips as well as traits. Also you can retire a hunter at any time to add a portion of his XP to the bloodline rank. So keeping hunters alive and around can add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Banzai tactics work in this surprisingly well. If you just run at people with a vitality shot in hand, weather the bullets you take going in, and then machete chop/shotgun them there's almost nothing they can do short of landing a headshot on a lunatic sprinting at them.

I'm considering just going double-double barrel shotgun with quartermaster and just charging people like a lunatic for future hunters.

With how much people like using the sparks it makes it even easier to do this, because they won't one-shot you if you have more than 100hp (besides headshots, but they could do that with a pistol anyway), you can shoot up, eat their shotgun pellets, and then blast them. I'm curious how much damage the nitro does compared to the sparks.