Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

I want to keep up this hobby but there’s nothing I want now. Kinda sucks.

Oh sweet summer child. Time to graduate from the Toys R Us specials.

Figma
SH MonsterARts
SH FIGUREArts

Hot Toys
Three Zero
etc.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

Figma
SH MonsterARts
SH FIGUREArts

Hot Toys
Three Zero
etc.

And the final step, making your own Batman costume. Insert that picture of the guy brain expanding like Dr Manhattan.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

Figma
SH MonsterARts
SH FIGUREArts

Hot Toys
Three Zero
etc.

There are so many SH MonsterArts figures on my want list, but I just can't bring myself to drop $100 on a Godzilla when $25 NECA alternatives exist. If NECA ever did a Hedorah or Biollante I'd be ecstatic.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah but comparing NECA to Figuarts is like comparing a Kia to a Masserati.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Gunpla. End up like one of the dudes in the Gunpla thread with so many unbuilt kits they won't be able to finish them before they die

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuzz posted:

Yeah but comparing NECA to Figuarts is like comparing a Kia to a Masserati.

One's only bought by people with more money than sense and a desperate need to show it off?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NECA sucks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The NECA Godzillas are fine if you're like me and you're just going to display them in a standard pose. The MonsterArts obviously have far better articulation, durability, and accessories, but the paint apps are similar enough that I can't justify the extra cost. If I were to splurge on a MonsterArts, it would have to be one of the monsters that NECA doesn't make a version of.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SH******Arts are near perfection.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gunpla. End up like one of the dudes in the Gunpla thread with so many unbuilt kits they won't be able to finish them before they die

I only started buying gunpla like two years ago and I feel like I have way more unfinished kits and kits I used for fodder than anything complete on my self right now. It's a serious problem.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can we agree all toy lines are great so long as they are poseable and not statues like Funko or McFarland?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rirse posted:

Can we agree all toy lines are great so long as they are poseable and not statues like Funko or McFarland?

Yes.

Except Revoltech; I hate those joints.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The gently caress is GUNPLA?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

Gundam model kits.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Gundam Plastic model kits. They're toys you make yourself!

Turn this,

into this!

costs less than a Marvel Legends and is cooler because it's a robot

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 1, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Figma
SH MonsterARts
SH FIGUREArts

Hot Toys
Three Zero
etc.

I have like, 20 hot toys. I want little cheap cool things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gundam Plastic model kits. They're toys you make yourself!

Turn this,

into this!

costs less than a Marvel Legends and is cooler because it's a robot

Are those snap models or real models?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Are those snap models or real models?

Snap-together, no glue or paint needed. And they're fully posable once you finish

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Does anyone have experience with these Bandai dragonball figure models? How do they look compared to figuarts?

They're pretty good for its price and for models you buy yourself they do have a surprising amount of articulation. They don't scale properly with Figuarts though.

This is the model version (left) of Broly compared to the Figuarts one (right)

I own the SSJ4 ones and I'm pretty pleased with them

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whew, I thought maybe it was some sort of build your own gun replica nonsense and thought you'd all gone off your rockers.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is that something from Senran Kagura behind Goku there? lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welp, toys are ruined. Throw all your toys away, toys are bad now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t buy that junk.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I need to order a new gunpla actually. Thinking a Sazabi or Hyaku Shiki.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They're pretty good for its price and for models you buy yourself they do have a surprising amount of articulation. They don't scale properly with Figuarts though.

This is the model version (left) of Broly compared to the Figuarts one (right)

Broly was specifically the model I was thinking about, since the Figuarts is really expensive. In that image the model looks pretty good actually.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Welp, toys are ruined. Throw all your toys away, toys are bad now.

It’s a custom job.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got the Deadpool wave figures I needed from work today. No interest in building Sasquatch so if anyone wants the pieces for X-23, Cable, and Domino they are your. Like ten bucks shipped for them I guess.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got a Spider-Man 2099 (original costume) off eBay and it didn’t include the little webbing cape. Would anyone happen to have one to spare?

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yes.

Except Revoltech; I hate those joints.

Revoltechs are great if you are willing to learn how their joints work. Nothing else on the market compares in terms of possability.
But to each his own I guess.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Had some luck today at Walmart and found most of the new Infinity War wave and the Walmart exclusive Thanos. Just need Taskmaster and Songbird. I'm guessing Taskmaster is going to be the difficulty one to track down.

I can't get over this one. Not my photo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is that something from Senran Kagura behind Goku there? lol

Yeah, is one of the two SK figurines I own.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Broly was specifically the model I was thinking about, since the Figuarts is really expensive. In that image the model looks pretty good actually.

Impressions all across the board for Broly's model kit are pretty favorable. Especially since Broly's size actually makes him scale pretty well with regular figuarts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Local ThinkGeek broke street on the IW stuff or something. They let some dude buy all the Gauntlets and MLs and the local collectors are in an uproar.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That is pretty lovely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're even hyping it on Facebook that they have the gauntlets in and the comments are just NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
That owns, anything that sends collectors into meltdown mode is extremely funny to me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Man, the new ML movie Black Panther is surprisingly gawky tall. Also the Chadwick Boseman head is too small for the body.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

They're even hyping it on Facebook that they have the gauntlets in and the comments are just NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I would like to see this.

Scored a IW set at Walmart today, sans Iron Man. Glad he didn’t have a BAF part, I have too many IM figs.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Please share with the class

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I went by Thinkgeek today and they DID remember the street date. Wasn't a complete loss as they did have the new Rey which I kept missing whenever we got that case at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rirse posted:

I went by Thinkgeek today and they DID remember the street date. Wasn't a complete loss as they did have the new Rey which I kept missing whenever we got that case at work.

The Island Journey one? I haven’t found that or Rex anywhere yet.