Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Selachian posted:

Still, from the USian point of view, it's pretty odd to think of supermarkets with slot machines in them (other than in Las Vegas, where slots are everywhere). Most supermarkets around here just have a couple of lottery ticket dispensers.

Oregon has lottery machines that look like slots and video poker devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have the edit of the Jon McNaughton cartoon of Obama dancing to one of the founding fathers using a moonshine jug to play music?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
A local kroger near me has a giant touch screen lottery selector that breaks all the gently caress time, but lets you bet in real time.

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Does anyone have the edit of the Jon McNaughton cartoon of Obama dancing to one of the founding fathers using a moonshine jug to play music?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Yessss thanks!

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

pray for my aunt posted:

But it's actually just one boar, becoming bigger and bigger.

There is always boar, and it's always wurst.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

LeBron James says the NCAA is corrupt.

I’ve always heard the narrative that they get a free education, but you guys are not bringing me on campus to get an education, you guys are bringing me on it to help you get to a Final Four or to a national championship…the NCAA is corrupt, we know that. Sorry, it’s going to make headlines, but it’s corrupt.

Of course LeBron avoided corruption by ascending into the NBA straight out of high school.

The players are the only ones who don’t get paid. Legally.

Kentucky coach John Calipari thinks players should be able to get loans using their pro potential as collateral. Kind of like an advance to an author from a publisher. But what if you’re not a pro prospect? Too bad. You’re lucky to get a scholarship.

Here’s everything else you need to know about the Scandal according ESPN.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
also the sixth time you "draw" the same strip, genius

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Jesus Christ, how do you get paid for running the same strip for three days in a row? Your lazy rear end can't even be bothered to draw all those places you visit in any more details than your boring-rear end omni-desert.
gently caress PC, Jesus Christ

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, so that was it for the Renaissance, then? An empty blank space where you pointed off-panel at all the interesting stuff?

quote:

Scott Israel doesn't not look like that, but I don't think it's unreasonable to note it wasn't an accident McCoy made him look a little like Obama.

Also get hosed, coward.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
My first thought was LBJ?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A... not terrible Bok? Is such a thing possible?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Is this our first one that calls out Graham for the huge piece of poo poo he is?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
^^ does Kelly count? :v:

Technowolf posted:

It's possible the NCAA is just worse than Bok.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

It's pretty hard not to look at any part of the collegiate sport industry and find something you disagree with,regardless of political views.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not gonna lie I'm kinda excited for the next batch of politoons.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm expecting about 1000 "No Hope" or "Hope has left us" cartoons that consist of nothing but people reading gigantic newspapers and giving wry looks at each other.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want to see Garrison’s take on Trump’s pro gun control statements today but he’ll probably just ignore him or more 4D chess bullshit.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want to see Garrison’s take on Trump’s pro gun control statements today but he’ll probably just ignore him or more 4D chess bullshit.

It will be about either Hillary, Obama, or both.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It will be about either Hillary, Obama, or both.

Trump's face is removed to show that IT WAS HILLARY CLINTON THE WHOLE TIME?!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Look in the background behind them.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Trump's face is removed to show that IT WAS HILLARY CLINTON THE WHOLE TIME?!

I'm not entirely convinced that Trump isn't just Andy Kaufman in a fat suit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I'm expecting about 1000 "No Hope" or "Hope has left us" cartoons that consist of nothing but people reading gigantic newspapers and giving wry looks at each other.

I just want a few people to do cartoons on the lesser known crazy things that happened today like Joe Arpio saying he has a mental connection to Donald Trump or this

https://twitter.com/AP_Images/status/968938936973365255?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

See, I thought "wow, that must have been INCREDIBLY racist" when the description was offered, but this animation version thereof, at least, is honestly pretty awesome.

The only thing that could make it better would be a "2nd amendment" label on the parchment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just want a few people to do cartoons on the lesser known crazy things that happened today like Joe Arpio saying he has a mental connection to Donald Trump or this

https://twitter.com/AP_Images/status/968938936973365255?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

...America, are you okay? :ohdear:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jerusalem posted:

this is a rhetorical question, I assume

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SeANMcBAY posted:

Trump literally said he thinks the police should be able to seize someone's guns without due process. That's closer to taking away their guns than Obama ever got.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh man in all this I forgot that Georgia Senate voted to remove Delta's tax breaks because they cut ties with the NRA. Would really love to hear what the free market guys have to say about that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Oh man in all this I forgot that Georgia Senate voted to remove Delta's tax breaks because they cut ties with the NRA. Would really love to hear what the free market guys have to say about that.

They actually did that? All i heard was some squalling by a Lt. Governor.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Jerusalem posted:

THE GUN IS GOOD

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Huh, that'd make a good villain cult for a book.

My state's congress is full of assholes.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jerusalem posted:

The Unification Church (of Sun Myung Moon) have been crazy cultists for decades. I’ll admit I didn’t know what their views on guns were until today.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They actually did that? All i heard was some squalling by a Lt. Governor.

I was wrong they haven't done it yet, but it's more than the Lt. Governor making noise now.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/376070-georgia-senate-committee-votes-to-remove-tax-break-that-would

quote:

A Georgia Senate committee has moved to get rid of a part of a bill that includes a tax break that would benefit Delta Airlines after the airline sought to distance itself from the National Rifle Association (NRA).

The Senate Rules committee on Wednesday voted to remove the $50 million jet fuel tax exemption that was part of a larger tax-cut package, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

The publication reported the full Senate could vote on the measure this week.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

Trump literally said he thinks the police should be able to seize someone's guns without due process. That's closer to taking away their guns than Obama ever got.

It’s literally the worst thing a president could say if you’re a gun nut and most of them will wave it off.:lol:

We would have had multiple Bundy like occupations spring up overnight if Obama even said half of what Trump said today.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

You know, I really wonder how many people out there honestly believed him when he said this. Like, first I asked myself what point is there in him saying something that's so obviously false, but then I thought well poo poo maybe people actually bought it.

But then I also thought, no there's no way anyone that loving gullible or clueless exists. Then I remembered it's 2018.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Political Cartoons 2018: Here we are, The Renaissance

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Actually now that I think about it the potentially apocryphal story I remember about the Unifucatuion Church was that they were attempting to lure Congressmen to join the cult/develop kompromat by plying them with beautiful young women who were members of the church, but it never worked because none of our congressmen were the correct combination of stupid, horny, and corrupt at the time. Which suddenly becomes very concerning in the context of our current government.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Was not expecting a Borderlands 2 joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL81kD44C8E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

This strip is getting meta. The coyote can see the code.