Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i honestly do not understand why the air force is a separate division in tyool 2018

air force missions and capabilities are sufficiently different from what the army or navy currently does that they'd still be effectively different organizations. if the navy wants to fly refueling tankers they need land bases, cause you can't launch them from a carrier. if the army wants to fly stealth bombers they need all the infrastructure that the air force currently has at whiteman.

the only real change would be what it says on the planes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
why shouldn’t the Navy own the space force?

if science fiction taught me anything its that there will eventually be huge capital ships that operate like naval vessels, and it doesn’t seem like the Air Force would have the right kind of experience to deal with running those

especially when they’re carriers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
spaceships are just high altitude submarines if you think about it

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
space is the "coast" of earth

coast guard is now space police

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Sagebrush posted:

air force missions and capabilities are sufficiently different from what the army or navy currently does that they'd still be effectively different organizations. if the navy wants to fly refueling tankers they need land bases, cause you can't launch them from a carrier. if the army wants to fly stealth bombers they need all the infrastructure that the air force currently has at whiteman.

the only real change would be what it says on the planes

so the US military is general motors?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
that's a rather cavalier attitude

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i honestly do not understand why the air force is a separate division in tyool 2018

they need their creepy weird Jesus cult for the nobles

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
my cyberpunk take on us military reorg:

1) transfer all strategic missile, anti missile systems, interceptor bases, etc from the Air Force to the coast guard; move management of the army and air national guard to the coast guard; rebrand as the home guard and give responsibility for the military protection of actual us lands

2) merge army/navy/marines into the expeditionary forces for all our extraterritorial messes

3) I guess the Air Force leftovers can become the space corps and deal with satellites and any other developments in that area until the sci fi future where they become the interplanetary expeditionary forces

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
1) transfer all nuclear weapons, submarines, and ICBM platforms to me
2) my name is now Dr. Doomfish
3) I dare you to make fun of my posting now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Caganer posted:

space is the "coast" of earth

coast guard is now space police

old space police (with the green windows) were better. less racist. in this most recent edition all the cops are lego guys and all the robbers are aliens. problematic.

of course in prior editions of space police the bad guys were always blacktron

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
star cops 2049

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

old space police (with the green windows) were better. less racist. in this most recent edition all the cops are lego guys and all the robbers are aliens. problematic.

spyrius were the real fuckers with that big assault droid

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ice planet were the most wholesome Imo. Just a bunch of buff old dudes with white beards, spending all day skiing and chainsawing ice blocks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I was so jealous of my friend who had the lunar monorail set

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

Ice planet were the most wholesome Imo. Just a bunch of buff old dudes with white beards, spending all day skiing and chainsawing ice blocks

there were also redhead ladies too

haveblue posted:

I was so jealous of my friend who had the lunar monorail set

yeah i remember growing up and seeing the monorail/train sets in the lego catalog and wanting them

but i knew better than to ask for them because A) they were the most expensive sets back then, by far, and B) my dad would have been all "what do you want a LEGO train set for when i've got nearly half the garage dedicated to a big HO train set??"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

there were also redhead ladies too

the ice planet figures had the laziest paintjobs though. the faces were only painted where you could see them through the helmets

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's all Lego heads. You just notice it there because they don't usually have hair painted on

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

That's all Lego heads. You just notice it there because they don't usually have hair painted on

:aaa: you're right

i never noticed because all my figures had this face

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

does lego have any blackpeople yet?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Caganer posted:

yes -- but only when they represent a specific real person who is dark-skinned

originally all the lego faces and hands were made a non-human color to eliminate questions of race and allow any child to imagine the character as themselves. that worked fine until they started making branded sets with characters like tony stark or lando calrissian. obviously those two characters don't have the same skin color, and even a tumblerite would probably recognize that making them both yellow isn't appropriate. but lego couldn't very well just make lando's figure brown, because that would imply that the billions of yellow characters were all meant to be caucasian. so they compromised and now use the accurate skin tone when the figure represents a specific human -- pinkish or brownish as that may be -- but yellow for all the other ones.

which really just raises further questions about this enormous population of yellow-toned people in the lego universe, vastly outnumbering the ones who look like us

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

much as many things those guy were cooler

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

goddamn it’s a good job I’m like twenty years too old to wear this stuff; if I were an early-20s kid w/ figgies to spare, sheeeiit

http://5060.bigcartel.com/products

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

NoneMoreNegative posted:

goddamn it’s a good job I’m like twenty years too old to wear this stuff; if I were an early-20s kid w/ figgies to spare, sheeeiit

it's all sold out

that bordelrands stuff is the first video game clothing i've seen that i'd wear

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

it's all sold out

that bordelrands stuff is the first video game clothing i've seen that i'd wear

tbh you can buy less niche designer versions of most of this

you won’t have the cyberpunk anime writing everywhere but yeah

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lancemantis posted:

you won’t have the cyberpunk anime writing everywhere but yeah
without that what's the point?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I can't wait to look this cool:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Caganer posted:

Wasn't there a line of villains to the space police called blacktron?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

I can't wait to look this cool:

step 1: be a model
step 2: look good in pretty much anything

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

be the electronic old men you want to see in the world

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Crazy Achmed posted:

Wasn't there a line of villains to the space police called blacktron?

Yes, and they were awesome :black101:

I still remember lusting over the blacktron base kit as a kid - but I never had anything above their mid-size sets

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

ROJO posted:

Yes, and they were awesome :black101:

I still remember lusting over the blacktron base kit as a kid - but I never had anything above their mid-size sets

the smaller blacktron spaceships were the best sets anyway

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Agile Vector posted:

/wears black slacks, red dress shirt, black tie

Gun Metal Cray
Apr 27, 2005

Pillbug

Agile Vector posted:

Brown three-piece suit and tasteful cybernetic implants, courtesy of The Corporation?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Agile Vector posted:

oh, yes

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/wears black slacks, red dress shirt, black tie

oh, yes

Gun Metal Cray posted:

Brown three-piece suit and tasteful cybernetic implants, courtesy of The Corporation?

oh, yes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

oh, yes

oh, yes

oh, yes

s'cool

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
desperate. your turn.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

desperate

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
desperate

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

desperate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
desperate

• Locked thread