Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Ghostnuke posted:

Whaaaaa you guys I got two of the best units in the game in one pull (for free) :emo:

Hey man when 7*s come out in 16 months you'll loving regret having pulled those worthless Onion Knights which are in no way or form extremely serviceable until then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Naw, the big reveal of the big upcoming video is totally going to be early 7* for Global, because that's definitely going to appease the playerbase.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Early access and they will restore the four unit requirement that got nerfed in JP when they screamed.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Prompto is pretty crazy...

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Scrublord Prime posted:

Also 10+1 gave me a Fry and I can finally use the 100% Fry's Needle moogle I got last easter :toot:

No one's giving you the love you deserve. The patience to keep that 100% moogle and reward paying off! Massive grats to the Fryevia, she/he's the best!

I sold off my ring of the lucii 15% moogle taking up storage space if I ever pulled a noctus. gently caress off Noct you rat bastard. I'm glad your empire got smashed down.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Office Thug posted:

Hey man when 7*s come out in 16 months you'll loving regret having pulled those worthless Onion Knights which are in no way or form extremely serviceable until then!

Its like 2-3 months away(barring a lot of GL events and/or actually doing the SD3/SO/BF banners) and right now I cant fit him in any party. Might as well be a 5* shadow :smug:

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That sort of gear has Ang do almost TWICE the damage and loving Cupid Artemios doing like 1.7 times the damage. China new years and valentines enhancements were no loving joke

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Being Prince's buddy would've been a pretty cool job imo

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

Looks like I'm gonna need a Steiner, so old man Cid can double fist the Excalibur and Excalibur II. Or two Excalibur IIs... Or maybe 2x Beatrix, so he can double fist Save The Queen (IX)...

Cid should be using a greatsword and a katana. Giving him two greatswords is an extremely bad idea because you're giving up a lot of free +atk for no reason.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

That sort of gear has Ang do almost TWICE the damage and loving Cupid Artemios doing like 1.7 times the damage. China new years and valentines enhancements were no loving joke

I wonder how Prompto stacks up to other chainers. It's a shame the DD spreadsheet isn't updated but maybe he can finally topple OK & 2B's reign.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
FYI 7* is not coming to GL at all

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I wonder how Prompto stacks up to other chainers. It's a shame the DD spreadsheet isn't updated but maybe he can finally topple OK & 2B's reign.

OK has a higher multiplier and dramatically better equip options (and abilities) for elemental versatility’s sake. Maybe in a vacuuum there’s a two-Prompto-DH-chaining setup that does good lightning damage. But honestly getting 2 Prompto, 2 Cloud, 2 Olive and 4 Elfreeda is so deep in magical Christmas land I’m not even going to bother.

If you mean dice chaining, he has 0% atk boost without a gun and his base atk is pretty low for a physical attacker at 173. I doubt he’d get the numbers to really compare.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have too many crysts and feel compelled to ability awaken a finisher. Olive, DKC, Cupid Arty, or Luneth? I have 4 DKC and 2 Olives so they're 7* capable. I have no Clouds or Efreetas so there's no TDH parts to go around. Orlandu is my go to physical elemental chainer (no OK) with TT and Barbie magic chaining.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Olive is your best bet for a finisher if you dont have absolutely any equip attack gear. She gets 250% of it just from her own TMR and DoubleHand. Having two of them means she's future proofed and I really want to see what Global Gumi will do to her since they seem to be on a roll designing and enhancing units recently.If you somehow can get friend orlandu's with thunder weapons then you can utilize her stronger imperils to ramp up your damage, but loving no one does that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol I’ve been doing exactly that since Olive got enhanced. I grinded two Tonitrus for my dual Cids and use Olive to imperil. Come join us, we’re puttin the Thundah back into the Thunder God Cid.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, I do have 2 Cids....

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Another round of free pulls

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/814hix/gl_30_million_download_celebration/

All the details. Some interesting things coming. Free 10+1 tomorrow.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Aranea off my free pull. She may not be good, but at least I can get her TM easily.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Your team names now matter! Awesome! As in, if you write an awful curse word in your team name title which no one ever can see except yourself, the game will fail to switch to that team because you're a nasty, bad potty mouth!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

well I'm already satisfied with free pulls.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Scrublord Prime posted:

Mystea can take the megaflare he uses on his first turn so you don't have to worry about a one turn KO, although that's assuming Mystea actually eats the megaflare. The general idea is to start a chain and land a dual casted Alterna from RotL in it to oneshot Bahamut. Zyrus' LB is an alternative with his dragon magic killer passives and dracospikes. Just in case I put up a T.Terra with two Dracospikes and a RotL (but no Dragon Killer+, still gotta do Bahamut myself) that should hopefully do the trick. IGN Buttz, friend code: 479,088,281
Thanks Buttz. I'm WedgieSA so I'm 99% sure we're friends already. I'll try and give it a couple of shots today if you don't mind leaving TT up for a bit.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Is anyone else available as a carry for the raid? I've got arisu, Hagie, B.U.T.Tz and NinjaD added already. Another goon or two would be awesome. My ID is 055.666.986

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Office Thug posted:

Your team names now matter! Awesome! As in, if you write an awful curse word in your team name title which no one ever can see except yourself, the game will fail to switch to that team because you're a nasty, bad potty mouth!

I had no idea you could name your teams.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Kjermzs posted:

Is anyone else available as a carry for the raid? I've got arisu, Hagie, B.U.T.Tz and NinjaD added already. Another goon or two would be awesome. My ID is 055.666.986

You're full currently.

I removed some retired goons and a few pubs. I have a few spots open and threw up a carry Noctis. You can auto your way through or warp strike on repeat. He has two rings so he counters quite a bit and never really runs out of mana - takes about 8 or 9 turns depending on counters.

E: you can speed it up a couple turns if you cycle between warp strike / pbws instead of mashing repeat.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 1, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I put up a 100% Evade iNichol for the Aranea boss event. Just cast his Illusion - Redirect ability on himself and he will make the party completely immune to all physical attacks (100% chance vs. both ST and AoE). He also comes with Deprotect to assist with your damage, dispel the boss in case she buffs her DEF/SPR, or you can use him to help chain with Phantasmal Forces but don't expect him to carry you dps-wise. Just remember to recast his cover every 2 turns.

All my goon buddies are quite active (except CryHavoc but I'm not removing my sweet prince) so I only have 3 spots! Please kick me off your list once you're done with the event to allow others to add me. My ID is 209,464,963

Edit: He has no status immunities though, so if it turns out Aranea comes with status effects that break his evasion I'll put up a Noctis or Fohlen with the appropriate immunities instead

Edit 2: Spots filled, gonna report back when I have more room!

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 2, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Is the Rank 38 default name, default message CG Lasswell someone in this thread? Otherwise I'm kind of confused how I got a friend request from them.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Voodoo posted:

Thanks Buttz. I'm WedgieSA so I'm 99% sure we're friends already. I'll try and give it a couple of shots today if you don't mind leaving TT up for a bit.

Sure thing, good luck!

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Kjermzs posted:

If you free up space you can add me as well. ID: 364 859 209

My friend unit is also Noctis who can solo the raid. He should also be able to solo the upcoming raid trial, although I may swap him out for an evasion WoL if that's better for getting the missions done.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Does she have some sort of accuracy buff where she negates evasion? Or are the videos I've watched just using a tank with half-assed evasion gear?

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I've heard suggestions that in JP at the time of this raid they did not have as much evasion gear available, so they probably don't have 100% evasion units.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

KDdidit posted:

I have too many crysts and feel compelled to ability awaken a finisher. Olive, DKC, Cupid Arty, or Luneth? I have 4 DKC and 2 Olives so they're 7* capable. I have no Clouds or Efreetas so there's no TDH parts to go around. Orlandu is my go to physical elemental chainer (no OK) with TT and Barbie magic chaining.

May not be popular, but if you're chaining with Orlandeau/DV, I like Luneth a lot. My setup saw all three of them with an excal and a moonblade each, so that both DV and O's imperils work, PLUS the bonus from element chains.

Luneth is nice in this type of setup because you can just mash O, DV, Luneth reasonably (but no need for TURBO) fast and you'll get big unbroken chains pretty regularly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:shepspends:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Voodoo posted:

Is there a current way to cheese the Bahamaut fight? I missed the boat a while ago - I do have Mystea and one Draco Spike, but no Ring of the Lucii.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Mystea can take the megaflare he uses on his first turn so you don't have to worry about a one turn KO, although that's assuming Mystea actually eats the megaflare. The general idea is to start a chain and land a dual casted Alterna from RotL in it to oneshot Bahamut. Zyrus' LB is an alternative with his dragon magic killer passives and dracospikes. Just in case I put up a T.Terra with two Dracospikes and a RotL (but no Dragon Killer+, still gotta do Bahamut myself) that should hopefully do the trick. IGN Buttz, friend code: 479,088,281

Also 10+1 gave me a Fry and I can finally use the 100% Fry's Needle moogle I got last easter :toot:

I did it without a Ring of the Lucii. Two Trance Terras, plus a third friend one, used Magical Awakening first round, Mystea ate the Megaflare, and then they all dualcast Chaos Wave. It was definitely overkill and not one of them had dragonkilling stuff on.

Edit: 10+ sucked, how the hell are one of you getting multiple 5* units in those?

Zidane looks good now.

Warb0ss
Jul 22, 2011
Hey, I sent out a few requests but if anyone else has room on their list I’ve got some friend slots
I’ve got an olive that I’m working on ATM. Also have a WoL. I can get through the raid on INT after about 8-10 turns so any carries are appreciated!

IGN - Zero
Rank 51
ID 302961648

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PDQ Law posted:

I've heard suggestions that in JP at the time of this raid they did not have as much evasion gear available, so they probably don't have 100% evasion units.

I definitely know that Kiyomori, Assassin's Vest, Vampire Cloak, and Lucky Bangles are all GL exclusive. Might be a couple others.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got Beatrix on my first ticket, that's me satisfied.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Free 10+1 ticket got me Lightning #2 which I'm cool with that, she's a solid 7*

Pulled 3 Steiner in a row off a 10+1 pull.

Blowing my guaranteed 4* tickets, 3 more Steiners, 1 Duke, 1 Eiko.

31 normal tickets, nothing.

Good times.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
1/2 daily: Vayne

Free pull: Galuf

Then 10 normal tickets on the banner got me two rainbows: Ace and Eiko! Plus 2 Black Waltzs.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Free summon got me a rainbow!

Technically a rainbow, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How are the new awakened units anyway? From what I heard Garnet is good, Zidane is for farming and the mages just exist?

• Locked thread