Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
We already did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Got together with a group of streambuddies last night after the announcement and before I even noticed it was 10pm and I'd played 4 hours of Brigitte-only Chateau DM.

She plays really nicely. LMB is a little hard to judge distance on but is satisfying and thumpy, shield bash is possibly even more satisfying than Doomfist's signature punch and the flail toss is like Hog hook with a knockback instead of a drag (it's great). Shield bash to flail toss combo is crazy good, will make for some intense boops.

I realise I didn't actually do any healing in those 4 hours I played this support hero, but who the gently caress cares.

She seems really polished so bring my Swedish princess to live already

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Does she knock Bastion out of turret mode?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"but i picked a healer/tank", says the pubbie, trying to shield bash from midscreen 6v1 and dying a painful death, "she heals passively so it's your fault you're dying"

I can't be bothered installing the PTR but Brigitte is probably gonna be my poo poo. Not super sure if she doesn't overlap with Zarya too much tho.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Enallyniv posted:

I realise I didn't actually do any healing in those 4 hours I played this support hero, but who the gently caress cares.

you heal things by hitting them. you were healing the entire time. the heals were inside you all along. the heals were coming from inside the house

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
"What a terrible night to have a comp"? Or is the Castlevania reference too muddled?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dias posted:

"but i picked a healer/tank", says the pubbie, trying to shield bash from midscreen 6v1 and dying a painful death, "she heals passively so it's your fault you're dying"

I can't be bothered installing the PTR but Brigitte is probably gonna be my poo poo. Not super sure if she doesn't overlap with Zarya too much tho.
Zarya and Brigitte are probably going to work well together

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nihilarian posted:

You're drat right they work well together

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FAUXTON posted:

You're drat right they work well together

:chloe:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I'm starting to think that Sombra's hack should go back on its old cooldown now that it actually works.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nihilarian posted:

Yeah, probably, I'm thinking more from a flex position. I guess I'll go Brigitte when we need more healing.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
So since consoles still don't have PTR its likely going to be a couple more weeks before I see Brigitte on PS4? I am going to get my first try at her and she will be old hat by then. :negative:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean, she'll be just as new to everyone else playing on console right?

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Overwatch: I Can't Believe Its Not Jetpack Cat

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Brigbjörn looks cool and good and I'm looking forward to playing her. Her costume color palette is also extremely my poo poo so yes please to that as well

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Shnag posted:

So since consoles still don't have PTR its likely going to be a couple more weeks before I see Brigitte on PS4? I am going to get my first try at her and she will be old hat by then. :negative:

Just keep up to date on all her combos that people demand nerfed and you'll be sweet. She currently has her own fan the hammer/stun calibre combo that tracers are salty about.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Nihilarian posted:

The two of them are going to work remarkably well with Doomfist I'd imagine. DF dives into the enemy team, Brigitte heals him and Zarya bubbles him as soon as he starts to get chunked. DF is also shielding himself as he rips into people, and by the time he's injured again Brigitte's heal is probably back up.

Not to mention that if Brigitte has used her Ult recently, the Doomfist starts the whole engagement with up to 150 armor.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Lots of talk about the Sombra changes, for good reason, but what's up with the DF change? Did it help? What about Mei?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

They aren't going to suddenly show up in the meta but it was a bit of an improvement. Mei has an easier time with super mobile heroes now like Genji because they get slowed down for a bit longer when hit with her spray (making it easier to follow up if your aim sucks) and she gets more icicles per clip now which is decent. Doomfist's recharge rate was buffed but I don't think they fixed all of his glitches so it's not like he's good now, he's just better in some very specific situations like in OWL when they use him to contest in a high risk/high reward situation.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

of the many, many problems with doomfist as far as i know "i don't get to shoot his shotgun often enough" didn't even make the list so unless they also stealth changed his punch hitbox (again. why did they never officially declare the hitbox changes in patch notes in the first place?) i don't think anyone's really going to notice anything different about him

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I'm glad for the doomfist punchgun recharge buff but just let me loving reload on purpose

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Coming back to the game after not playing since last summer, and I've gotten back into my junkrat groove pretty quickly. Not necessarily topping the damage and kill charts, but being annoying enough that I can get multiple people to chase me around the map and/or blow their ult just to kill me.

And it's hard to get mad at the game when your character is just so dang happy.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Junkrat forever.

https://overwatchtracker.com/profile/pc/global/goob-11208/heroes/junkrat?mode=1

Not sure if I just play him too much, or if those stats mean I'm actually any good.

I'M GOING PRO BOYS

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

pzy posted:

Junkrat forever.

https://overwatchtracker.com/profile/pc/global/goob-11208/heroes/junkrat?mode=1

Not sure if I just play him too much, or if those stats mean I'm actually any good.

I'M GOING PRO BOYS
Is that site using cumulative totals? Oh my.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Yeahhhhh it looks like it. At least the outright lies make me feel better about my performance!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Supercar Gautier posted:

The conga-line argument is silly. It's obvious that Brigitte's shield is not meant for the same use-cases as Reinhardt's (situational/individual protection rather than group), and if anyone tries to use it in an "everybody get behind this all the time" capacity it is not going to work.

Form a conga line behind Brigitte with Moira at the end... literally unkillable unless you attack from the side :laugh:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Mister Fister posted:

Form a conga line behind Brigitte with Moira at the end...

toilet training

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Mister Fister posted:

Form a conga line behind Brigitte with Moira at the end... literally unkillable unless you attack from the side :laugh:

If you have a mei in the conga line, you can lift the whole line up or shield your side. Oh man I want to see a VOD of someone doing this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i mean, she'll be just as new to everyone else playing on console right?

she'll be just as new to most people on pc too because people either don't play ptr or hit the queue and immediately quit :v:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Given Brigette a couple more tries and like her a lot. The armor packs work nicely but I don't know how good her passive healing is, bit it seems to reward getting stuck in. Might get me to expand from Moira one tick to a more full support player.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Mister Fister posted:

Waiting to see an enemy moira get POTG from people doing this and then coalesceing the entire bundle.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yukari posted:

Waiting to see an enemy moira get POTG from people doing this and then coalesceing the entire bundle.

Put a Reinhardt in the line so he can cover the side, fill out with a Soldier, Reaper, and Mei, and you've got something that's at least as good as a bastion/rein/mercy cart combo

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

Put a Reinhardt in the line so he can cover the side, fill out with a Soldier, Reaper, and Mei, and you've got something that's at least as good as a bastion/rein/mercy cart combo

Or everyone can turn toward the rein shield.

It's almost as if... brigitte is supposed to cover rein's flank

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I really like Brigitte. Plate healers have always been my jam and this is a great take on the concept.

And the shield bash + flail combo is almost as frustrating to other players as Mei’s freeze + snipe combo. Almost.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I wonder how much comp adjusts your placement to account for quitters? 3 out of the 4 games I've played so far, my teams have ended up down at least 2 players in the second round.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

GreatGreen posted:

And the shield bash + flail combo is almost as frustrating to other players as Mei’s freeze + snipe combo. Almost.

Oh, it's great and the amount of flanker tears produced will be delicious. It does 155 damage, which means that when increased by 30% (either from a Mercy beam or Zen orb, the two supports most vulnerable to the likes of Genji) it does just barely more than 200 damage. There's no way that's an accident. :smuggo:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

when you're definitely not low-budget

https://i.imgur.com/AeIftFW.gifv

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.

Manatee Cannon posted:

stage 2 of season 1 started last week. there are 4 stages and the playoffs are in july or something. comp seasons have nothing to do with that if that's what you were thinking

you do get points for watching live on twitch if you link your battle.net and twitch accounts. the rules are probably on the owl site

Unless you live in Australia

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Does Deflection stop Brigitte's flail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Rand Brittain posted:

Does Deflection stop Brigitte's flail?

Deflection stops both her basic flail melee and the Whip Shot ability, but she can use her Shield Bash stun to instantly cancel Deflection.