Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ratchet and Clank is really good, but there are parts where the story really shows it's a movie tie-in game. It gets very rushed towards the end with cutscenes taken from (presumably) longer stretches apart stitched into much-closer sections of gameplay. It causes things like Captain Qwark flipping allegiances multiple times in the span of around ten minutes.

It is still a fantastic game and well worth playing though.

the most fascinating thing to me was the game (which i enjoyed a ton) played out like it was missing key narration from the movie, while the movie was largely lifeless and little action that is fulfilled by the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There was no one online last year either so it's sort of just been on life support anyway. :rip:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Detroit given the date of May 25th and now it's hard to choose between DS1 remaster and the uniquely weird wonderful David Cage experience that awaits. I want Detroit to become a success, that David goes on business trips to celebrate, then that he runs into Tommy Wiseau and they get real drunk and decide to work on a game together.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Detroit really needs to deliver now that Until Dawn has come around and done the David Cage thing, but without any of the goony auteur bullshit.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

MrLonghair posted:

Detroit given the date of May 25th and now it's hard to choose between DS1 remaster and the uniquely weird wonderful David Cage experience that awaits. I want Detroit to become a success, that David goes on business trips to celebrate, then that he runs into Tommy Wiseau and they get real drunk and decide to work on a game together.

:chloe:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

i don't know what this smilie thing means, but i am going to assume it means "lol at people who like david cage."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

it's hard to choose between DS1 remaster and the uniquely weird wonderful David Cage experience

It really isn't

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Nier Automata is a bit weirdly balanced

Youll never have enough materials to upgrade more than few weapons to max if you just do sidequests and the main quest. Youll never upgrade your pods without a guide. Upgrading chips require extensive grinding or you can make do with what you get from quest rewards. Having your defense and attack tied to traditional level ups sucks.

The game isnt that long either. I feel like they shouldve toned down the RPG stuff and focus on this sick looking combat.

Still love the game tho because its cool and clever

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 1, 2018

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Attitude Indicator posted:

i don't know what this smilie thing means, but i am going to assume it means "lol at people who like david cage."

I don't mind David Cage, that alone is weirder than a furry convention these days, according to the internet.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

It's hard to get excited about a remaster of a game that's not that old and has had a bunch of sequels that haven't changed a lot of the formula.

If it was a remaster of Demon's Souls, maybe. But Dark Souls, again? Eh.

Detroit, on the other hand, is going to bonkers weird like all David Cage poo poo and will be worth a few nights of yelling at the screen with my friends.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Ill be pleasantly suprised if the characters in that David Cage game act and react to things like actual humans.

Also wasnt the big twist in their latest game that the main heroine was working for the bad guys and she learned this from a national news broadcast?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fortunately David Cage has that part all figured out, and made most of the main cast androids.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

I don't mind David Cage, that alone is weirder than a furry convention these days, according to the internet.

he's a deluded, talentless loon who uses his games as an excuse to sexually harass his leads so yeah, not really much to like there

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JBP posted:

Hahahahaha how is Bloodborne even a hard game hahahahaha nigga just don't get hit like nigga parry the monsters haha

How can the cosmos be real if our eyes aren't on the inside

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's a lot easier if you just use a two handed weapon and never parry tbh

Or unload with the gat

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
is David cage the guy who did heavy rain?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

he's a deluded, talentless loon who uses his games as an excuse to sexually harass his leads so yeah, not really much to like there

David Cage needs his a "The Disaster Artist" book written about him so that one can begin to understand how he ended up the way he did, but do keep on believing the clickbait that appeared only after the Paris Games Week trailer upset people :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fridge corn posted:

is David cage the guy who did heavy rain?

As well as Omikron the Nomad Soul, Indigo Prophecy, and Beyond Two Souls

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, the game where a main character has sex with another main character who is dead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Beyond Two Souls, where we bounce around vignettes of the protagonist's entire life... because it sounds like a cool idea, even though it undermines a story that would've been better told chronologically.

And has an unnecessarily-fully-rendered model of Ellen Paige naked in its art files.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
David Cage is a huge dipshit and trying to tackle robot racism/slavery is even more outside of his element. He will gently caress up tremendously.

I mean, the loving trailer had all these white rear end androids with civil rights era freedom songs, that's already extremely iffy

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beyond two souls is great unintentional comedy.

nerdz posted:

David Cage is a huge dipshit and trying to tackle robot racism/slavery is even more outside of his element. He will gently caress up tremendously.

I mean, the loving trailer had all these white rear end androids with civil rights era freedom songs, that's already extremely iffy

He will gently caress up in a way that will be tremendously entertaining .

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, the game where a main character has sex with another main character who is dead.

and yet somehow still a better love story than beyond two souls

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Manatee Cannon posted:

and yet somehow still a better love story than beyond two souls
Haven't played B2S, is the avatar of the internet an old lady?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is David Cage related to Johnny?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Is David Cage related to Johnny?

No, but Kano is his cousin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nerdz posted:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Detriot will be probably worth a rental, his games are trainwrecks but they can have some cool individual scenes and are good for ripping on.

I can't believe Until Dawn didn't shame David Cage into quitting, that game did everything he wants to but with a much better understanding of the genre they're imitating and actually had a few choices matter beyond the scene they're made in.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nerdz posted:

Yeah it's going to be hilarious

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Boogalo posted:

I spent 2 hours tonight getting wrecked by shadows on ng+2. They have so much health :cry:
git gud m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Y1VuRKMmI

I didn’t manage to get them first try in NG+++ though :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOX1dUHX6lg

Some people say you should whittle their health down equally but I have way more success killing katana, katana flames, then flames because their danger (to me) is in that order.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spalec posted:

Detriot will be probably worth a rental, his games are trainwrecks but they can have some cool individual scenes and are good for ripping on.

I can't believe Until Dawn didn't shame David Cage into quitting, that game did everything he wants to but with a much better understanding of the genre they're imitating and actually had a few choices matter beyond the scene they're made in.

I guarantee he looked at Until Dawn and thought " this is so pedestrian" and went right back to writing an interactive tampon insertion scene.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Kilometers Davis posted:

Bloodborne is one of the only games I currently play on disc since switching to all digital. Glad I won’t need that anymore!

This is me too and I'm so excited that in a few days I will no longer need to take out whatever lovely movie my kids were watching on the PS4 to play my beloved BB.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first time I did the SoY boys, I don't think any of them even had time to do their magic poo poo because I was so over levelled. I didn't know what people were talking about.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Akuma posted:

Some people say you should whittle their health down equally but I have way more success killing katana, katana flames, then flames because their danger (to me) is in that order.

Anyone having trouble with Shadows should just bring their own posse. You can make it a 3v3 rumble really easily so long as you've killed henryk with eileen and joined the league letting you get henyrk and madaras twin as NPC summons.

Its cheap but hilarious because it completely breaks the fight.

or use real people if you have friends or whatever

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, the answer is neither. the game is gonna be a shitshow like all his other games, with a bunch of interesting ideas and concepts set up, but then either dropped or resolved in the dumbest most way possible. also it will be tone deaf and glitchy with bad gameplay.

if he ripped off Until Dawn and even tell tales gameplay. id like his crap a little more.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nerdz posted:

while i agree and add that gently caress up is a understatement. ill say that the main android rebel you play as is black at least.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I looked up that garbage Ratchet and Clank movie and it grossed $8 million against an unknown production budget. What a spectacularly bad idea.

You should absolutely play the game though, you can get into a third play through if you want to max out your weapons

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Akuma posted:

git gud m8

Lookit this boring guy still using LHB. NG+2 is my beast claws playthrough.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Boogalo posted:

Lookit this boring guy still using LHB. NG+2 is my beast claws playthrough.
I find it really hard to vary my weapons in those games, I don’t know why.