Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
aww crap, I need to do the fourth singularity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yes, it's half-ap right now for a reason. Also, the requirements to do some events are indicative of the difficulty that's why they kind of bar people until they cleared some content.

Got Super High School Level Edgelord with a single roll by the way, my first ever Avenger. Full rolls and spending money is fake, single rolls forever. I can say this because I got Jeanne and Fujino in JP recently with just tickets.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Well. I intended to put all my Quartz in to get Komaeda but I only needed a single summon ticket. I'm so giddy I'm almost shaking

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

aww crap, I need to do the fourth singularity?

Compendium posted:

Yes, it's half-ap right now for a reason.

Also the fact that America is in a week or two, so I would get on London if you haven't yet.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Something about this art rubs me the wrong way. Not a fan of the DR artist's style outside his own works.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Rolled a tenner... got Fionn and Carmilla so i guess that's cool...
Also, two Fragment of 2030's off of tickets and I think that's a better get than the servants?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Didn't get Hopeboy, but I got two Black Grails that I didn't have before. Put one of them on Medea for now, the increased damage is nice so she can break the rules even harder and the HP loss seems like it should be manageable with her heal.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Belgian Waffle posted:

Also, two Fragment of 2030's off of tickets and I think that's a better get than the servants?
They're certainly better than Fionn and Carmilla yeah.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Belgian Waffle posted:

Rolled a tenner... got Fionn and Carmilla so i guess that's cool...

So jealous.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I did three summons and got an Ed.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I did two and got a primeval curse and gandr. :shepface: Just to remind everyone that gacha remains gacha.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

rolled a ten, got a 2030 and lancelot

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got Kidgamesh, who is a good boy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I only spent two tickets as my self control and got a black grail. I guess in most cases the demerit isn't bad enough to still run heaven's feel?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

I only spent two tickets as my self control and got a black grail. I guess in most cases the demerit isn't bad enough to still run heaven's feel?

The demerit is nothing, you barely notice it. If you run a party with a healer it's completely nullified. And in Ann and Mary's case it's more of a plus than a minus since you want them to be low health.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, first quest featured Medea repeatedly shanking Phantom in the face so it wasn't particularly trying.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

The demerit is nothing, you barely notice it. If you run a party with a healer it's completely nullified. And in Ann and Mary's case it's more of a plus than a minus since you want them to be low health.

its a plus for hijikata too, later on.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
500 HP isn't a lot but I have lost Anne/Mary to it thanks to not getting up to 100% NP in time and taking a lot of unlucky hits. I'd be most comfortable using it if I had a support Waver at the very least.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I allowed myself one ticket and got Clock Tower. I want Jalter more anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/969136592358072320

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nice, can't wait for mine to be usable in three years. Also where's the animation update

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Woke up, got Dantes in a 10-roll. Decided to try another and got NP2 Beo and a new Fran. With this and Kiara, has been a great two days.

In celebration, grailed Dantes to 94 on NA. Welcome home, Count. :toot:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Translated + numbers: More damage, 500 more heal, 20% Crit Damage Up to everyone.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I really wish they'd move away from interludes and strengthening quests as the way to buff servants.

Needing to wait for a writer and encounter designer to become available makes it so underwhelming servants stay that way for months if not years.

Not to mention that it's often the case where a servant already has okay skills and NP, but are held back by awful hit count on their attacks, too low/high star weight for their role, bad star gen or NP gain.

And then you have stuff like Instinct. An entire skill line that is complete garbage, and instead of just buffing Instinct across the board, servants need to wait in line for when their skill can be turned into a less terrible version with a powerful secondary effect.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sophism posted:

I really wish they'd move away from interludes and strengthening quests as the way to buff servants.

Needing to wait for a writer and encounter designer to become available makes it so underwhelming servants stay that way for months if not years.

Strengthening quests don't need writers. And unless they get a lot better later I'm tempted to be harsh and say they don't seem to need encounter designers either.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Spent 10 tickets. Got Emiya and...Drake?! My wrong luck continues but i might as well use the tickets from the event to try and get the edgelord. First fight was easier than I thought it would be. It turns out they give you that level 90 Dantes support for a reason.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Strengthening quests don't need writers. And unless they get a lot better later I'm tempted to be harsh and say they don't seem to need encounter designers either.

No but even without them they still can't just push them out with reckless abandon.

Considering the problems they've had with going off half cocked and the trouble companies have gotten into trying to roll back boneheaded balance changes, it makes sense that they'd be cautious about making changes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I got hit with the 40% quick down and was worried for like half a second before remembering Dantes has a cleanse.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I dorked out and spent my 30 tickets I'd been saving for Jeanne Alter. Didn't get hopeboy but I did get an Astolfo and Kid Gil as well as a few good CE, so it's not a total loss. :sigh: I feel dumb though.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Hoooooly poo poo, this boy is extreeeeeemely edgy. Are there events later on where people make fun of him for it?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Gologle posted:

Hoooooly poo poo, this boy is extreeeeeemely edgy. Are there events later on where people make fun of him for it?
Yes, right in this event. It pissed him off severely.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Speaking of Edgemond Dantes, the translation for the first part of the event so far seems way better than usual. It flows really well despite being super verbose. Hopefully they can keep it up, because I had a great time watching Avenger chew up the scenery in an overly dramatic fashion.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 1, 2018

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I've been pleasantly surprised by the few screenshots I've seen yea, I wonder if Aniplex finally hired some more people for their team or something.

In other news, I single ticketed the Camelot banner last night hoping for NP2 Bedivere, and I got Lancertoria instead.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Have you guys actually read The Count of Monte Cristo.

I mean, Edgemont Dantes of FGO is an exaggeration, but honestly not by much.

(People make fun of his edgelordiness in the book too.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got Kiara.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I got a Fragment, which will definitely be nice to have around.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Nursery Rhyme off a single ticket is good enough for me :toot:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm trying hard to feel good about getting Atalante off my rolls.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Decided to roll a 10 today just to see what would happen.

NP3 Lancelot. Yay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pureauthor posted:

I'm trying hard to feel good about getting Atalante off my rolls.

She's alright. One of the few party-wide Quick buff, even if 1-turn only. Can get a ton of stars when used at the right time.