Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Wouldn't that be nice! Unfortunately this cradle doesn't work right, because just offscreen, right past the "CORRUPTION" ball, is a "CORPORATE LOBBYING" ball about 20 times the size and weight of the unions one :(

Nnnnnnnnnnope: the first ball Ramirez drew doesn't exist at all because it is illegal for Unions to donate to politicians. To keep them from being unduly influenced of course. Now guess which side of the fight is NOT legally barred from making contributions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want a few people to do cartoons on the lesser known crazy things that happened today like Joe Arpio saying he has a mental connection to Donald Trump or this

https://twitter.com/AP_Images/status/968938936973365255?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Ammosexuals

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

World Famous W posted:

Someone do the obvious creepy smiley edit to this because I am away from cumputers for most the day and uts bugging me.

Smileydonkey, the second stage of skulldonkey

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah if there's a soft border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the EU, then the whole thing is pointless from the PoV of the crazies because the evil brown people or Poles or whoever can still walk right into the UK they just need to take a slight detour.

Sure, the crazies want a bunch of things that are legally impossible. They also want £350m each year redirected from Europe to the NHS even though it doesn't exist. The only thing we can really say here is that one way or another they're going to be disappointed.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

It was Flavor-Aid :eng101:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want a few people to do cartoons on the lesser known crazy things that happened today like Joe Arpio saying he has a mental connection to Donald Trump or this

https://twitter.com/AP_Images/status/968938936973365255?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

You know when I head they were adding Vulcan and a gun cult to American Gods, I thought "This is a little too out there", but I gotta give it to them.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Glazier posted:

You know when I head they were adding Vulcan and a gun cult to American Gods, I thought "This is a little too out there", but I gotta give it to them.

Richard Hawk seems increasingly plausible.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

BattleHork posted:

Garrison's "Hammer and Sickle, but also the Crescent and Star at the same time, because, you know, he's a Commie and a Muslim" symbol owns

I was wondering about that as well, but why is it green? Is Obama an eco-friendly commie/muslim, or is it supposed to represent greed? My first guess was he tried to draw the Pakistan flag and hosed it up, but I guess green commie/muslim makes more sense since it actually makes less sense.

Ramirez still having trouble with telling the difference between scandals and stated policies Mikey doesn't like.

I don't get this one, but I'm sure it's bad.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

First thing's Rick and Morty, second thing's Pop Team Epic's recent anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGRy1DxXf5U

As for meaning, I don't loving know. I guess he still thinks pickle rick is super funny?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Ramirez still having trouble with telling the difference between scandals and stated policies Mikey doesn't like.

MMMMMMMBUT OBAMA
MMMMMMMBUT LOOK AT GERALD PWN THE LIBS

Also Chelsea Manning hangs out with Pepe morons now, you should like her, Ramirez

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

Evidently Stonetossguy thinks Pop Team Epic is overrated. Just like Rick & Morty.

Pop Team Epic is p good, though. imo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

We're at the point where this doesn't look like a parody.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 1, 2018

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Sandpuppy posted:

JFK blown away, what else do I have to say!

OH NO, A BROWN PERSON!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I wish Branco, I wish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus Prospect magazine:

I believe this panel sums up my problems with a lot of the political cartoonists in this thread:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fun to watch wingnut cartoonists fumble all over themselves on DiFi. LOL THE DEMS THINK YOU SUCK FEINSTEIN ALSO ACTUALLY YOU DO SUCK AND ALSO THE DEMS AND ALSO THIS NEW GUY THEY ALL SUCK

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sandpuppy posted:

I guess it's about people who think memes are dumb, but also enjoy Pop Team Epic and how that's hypocritical because that show makes a lot of meme jokes? Which is kind an oddly specific thing to be upset about.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How DARE Hollywood show a good guy with a gun defeating the bad guys with their guns. Where on EARTH did they get that idea from??

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

How DARE Hollywood show a good guy with a gun defeating the bad guys with their guns. Where on EARTH did they get that idea from??

"Oh yeah, Hollywood? Well you yourself promote violence and misogyny!" is literally what we're arguing, Lester

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... Max Mosley

'drat! Have you ever walked into a room then forgotten what you came in for?'
Man this guy is eager to draw some tiddays

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TGLT posted:

First thing's Rick and Morty, second thing's Pop Team Epic's recent anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGRy1DxXf5U

As for meaning, I don't loving know. I guess he still thinks pickle rick is super funny?

It's "YOU'RE NOT BETTER THAN ME" write large. Every single one of his cartoons are about how fragile he is, "No YOU"RE the fat beardo!!" "No YOU are the real Nazis!!" "No YOU are the one oppressing ME!!". This comic satirizes that one guy who made fun of him one time for watching Rick and Morty instead of that anime show he's smugly watching. Or maybe not even directly him, just something he read somewhere. The only thing his comics ever say is "Stop calling me names, you're not better than me!!". It's...really pathetic and fits in with these new Nazi attitudes very very well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I've been wondering how Republicans would respond if Planned Parenthood declared that in future they would only perform abortions by shooting pregnant women in the stomach.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cat Mattress posted:

Smileydonkey, the second stage of skulldonkey

Ha, thank ya.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sandpuppy posted:

Gay cucklords watch garbage like Rick and Morty. Cool sophisticated neo-nazis only watch glorious anime.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

I've been wondering how Republicans would respond if Planned Parenthood declared that in future they would only perform abortions by shooting pregnant women in the stomach.

Well, let's check the standard criteria:

Seems like they would be fine with it.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I like this gag, I just wish a better artist had done it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... Max Mosley

'drat! Have you ever walked into a room then forgotten what you came in for?'

I vaguely recalled the name (outside of the Oswald Mosley connection) and reading the article reminded me that the video of the orgy apparently included the aftermath where Mosley and the prostitutes are hanging out having a cup of tea and shooting the poo poo, which I always found to be oddly, endearingly British.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So Manning really is hanging out with alt-righters? :smith:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
When you take your political cartoon editing skills to the street:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

So Manning really is hanging out with alt-righters? :smith:

I don't think she had any nefarious intentions in doing so, but she sure did and it sure was bad optics with terrible timing, and it sure did probably kill her congressional campaign

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Polygynous posted:

I wanted to ask if Ramirez had a stroke or something but then I remembered his classic "we need to raise this" (thing labeled taxes) ((the cartoonist failed physics)) was like a decade ago at this point.

e: I think that was Ramirez anyway, can't find the drat thing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandpuppy posted:

When you take your political cartoon editing skills to the street:

What is “Battlefield Vegas”? I mean, assuming it isn’t a reference to the historic mass murder that just happened there last year which was quickly forgotten.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please do not insult two-time Pulitzer prize winner Michael Ramirez

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Samurai Sanders posted:

What is “Battlefield Vegas”? I mean, assuming it isn’t a reference to the historic mass murder that just happened there last year which was quickly forgotten.

A shooting range.

https://www.battlefieldvegas.com/

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Sandpuppy posted:

I was wondering about that as well, but why is it green? Is Obama an eco-friendly commie/muslim, or is it supposed to represent greed? My first guess was he tried to draw the Pakistan flag and hosed it up, but I guess green commie/muslim makes more sense since it actually makes less sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_in_Islam

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Please do not insult two-time Pulitzer prize winner Michael Ramirez

I will never not insult two-time Pulitzer prize winner Michael Ramirez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God there are so many different ways this can be AGC.