Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Turns out basing your economic development strategy on the goodwill of America isn't such a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Helsing posted:

Turns out basing your economic development strategy on the goodwill of America isn't such a good idea.

What about national defense?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Defense from what?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
i knew you'd all come around :q:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Helsing posted:

Defense from what?

presumably the americans, when they decide they want the great lakes

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If you decide to fight the United States Air Force and Marine Corps at the same time, turn to 82.

If you decide to dump a few million pounds of PCBs and discarded nuclear fuel into the waterway, turn to 266.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Let's just abolish the CF and then arm our native tribes like in the olden days. If the Algonquin or Mohawks agree to guard the boarder then they can have any land they choose between Etobicoke and the Rockies.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Helsing posted:

Let's just abolish the CF and then arm our native tribes like in the olden days. If the Algonquin or Mohawks agree to guard the boarder then they can have any land they choose between Etobicoke and the Rockies.

this is quite literally the best post i've ever seen you make

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Helsing posted:

I believe this will work and is the way forward.

I also believe the Americans may not be the only invaders they repel.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

in the coming war, let it be remembered that it was the canadians who struck first

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

in the coming war, let it be remembered that it was the canadians who struck first

surprised they didn't kill any natives

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

This isn't the honky duck-a-dinghy jamboree I remember.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
man the replies to this tweet

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/969211619904573445

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I loving love the tears over this and I'm gonna go buy something at MEC this weekendnow because of this

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

I’m actually surprised MEC carries rifle scopes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CamelBak is tied to an assault weapons manufacturer? drat.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cougar cub posted:

I’m actually surprised MEC carries rifle scopes.

They don't carry weapons, they carried outdoor wear made by companies that also make guns and ammo, that was the outcry

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Isn't MEC that store that used to be phenomenal for outdoors gear but turned into a yoga wear outlet that barely has any selection in it's traditional strong areas because they're chasing the soccer mom market?

I went something like ten years between visits while I lived up north and never came to Vancouver and couldn't believe the changes.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The one downtown Toronto is still very much camping hiking and outdoor gear.

Maybe it depends on the market

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

James Baud posted:

Isn't MEC that store that used to be phenomenal for outdoors gear but turned into a yoga wear outlet that barely has any selection in it's traditional strong areas because they're chasing the soccer mom market?

I went something like ten years between visits while I lived up north and never came to Vancouver and couldn't believe the changes.

That's definitely not the case with the big Vancouver one on broadway so I have no idea where the gently caress you went

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
you guys ever wonder how taiga went from being one of the most popular jackets to p much nothing? apparently one of the founders is literally a neo nazi

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Calgary is equally split between outdoor gear and yoga wear

First nations already own most of the land though. I recently read through treaty 7 and how they tricked the native leaders with a twist of language is shameful

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

James Baud posted:

I'd say its more they added stuff for the soccer mom market vs stopped catering to their traditional areas. I'm not a climber but their ski touring gear selection is still good.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.jewishindependent.ca/oldsite/archives/nov01/archives01nov23-02.html

lol free speech u guys

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I'm so glad you found cspam CI

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

we always knew taiga was half forrest

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's definitely not the case with the big Vancouver one on broadway so I have no idea where the gently caress you went

North Van. ;)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mods change my name to Gun Chaos Advocate.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

James Baud posted:

North Van. ;)

There's your problem, come to the real part of the city

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/RonJackspn/status/969305803873308679

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS :bahgawd:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I'm sure Ron realizes that as a co-op MEC is directly responsible to its members. So if they voted to drop the products, MEC is dropping the products.

Maybe Ron should've voted.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

infernal machines posted:

I'm sure Ron realizes that as a co-op MEC is directly responsible to its members. So if they voted to drop the products, MEC is dropping the products.

Maybe Ron should've voted.

Ron likely isn't a member.

I liked MEC better when they didn't cater to suburban lifestyle people. I loved the super cheap yet reliable no name gear.

Ottawa store doesn't typically carry any useful parts for my commuter bike so I've been purchasing a lot more from Amazon

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i guess outdoor enthusiasts know what they want and they can just order it online while people wandering in off the street are more likely to buy the flashy yoga pants and bike gear

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wow what a snowflake

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/969525362580484098

hahahahaha donald "trade wars are good and easy to win" trump everybody

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

vyelkin posted:

oh my god, just when I thought I couldn't like the guy anymore, he goes and gives me a discount on US etfs right after putting cash in RRSP.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/969583861209452546?s=21

of course these are white people with dreads

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/kencui888/status/969588681592815616?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

vyelkin posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/969525362580484098

Maybe the world's richest country has a trade deficit because they have the most money and have been exploiting the labour of poor countries for decades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presence
Jul 29, 2006
lol

https://twitter.com/jamespmcleod/st...322405071114242