Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

I am about to troubleshoot a bizarre issue on our phone system. Have a feeling I'll be looking at Wireshark traces in a bit :chloe:

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
i cranked through some tickets faster than i thought this week, so going to coast for the afternoon. also going to dip out early tomorrow to head to the coast to do some night fishing for my brother's birthday.

edit: also, tbt spotify list is p much a lillith fair playlist which i'm digging this afternoon.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 1, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

one of today's five meetings has been turned into two meetings tomorrow instead, yay

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jota posted:

Please let the whitewashing of Reagan's presidency go away. Please let history put him down as the monster that we has.

People that voted for him should regret what they did, but people that have tried to better his legacy should try to find a soul.

Agreed.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

one of today's five meetings has been turned into two meetings tomorrow instead, yay

do you work for bill belichick?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

I am about to troubleshoot a bizarre issue on our phone system. Have a feeling I'll be looking at Wireshark traces in a bit :chloe:

Cool. One of the government requirements as of a few years ago was to send patient continuity of care documents via ssl connections, and nobody ever follows the loving standard, so I've spent a whole lot of time going through wireshark traces these last few years.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Tried grabbing an overnight shift for Monday night partnered with my work bestie, but even though I responded 3 minutes after the original email I was too late, and got partnered for a Sunday night shift with a complete tool. Joke’s on them, I’m gonna be a lazy, apathetic slob to show them who’s boss!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Some fuckhead promised a company something from me when they has absolutely 0 authority to even talk to them in the first place. I can't even fire them because they're not in my department, so now I gotta scream at their manager to do it :waycool:

so, how's y'all's afternoons going?

Had gently caress-all to do this morning and now have a bunch of stuff to do this afternoon.

A sales rep tried to send a customer a document that would get me fired, or at least severely admonished, if I did so myself and I had to tell her why she shouldn't do it.

Also we are interviewing some dude in one of our conference rooms right now, the same conference room that has a MAGA hat in a glass case in one corner. Yes the interviewee can see it from where he's sitting.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Cool. One of the government requirements as of a few years ago was to send patient continuity of care documents via ssl connections, and nobody ever follows the loving standard, so I've spent a whole lot of time going through wireshark traces these last few years.

It's a really great tool if you take the time to dig into it.

lol who has time tho

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Infinity War has been moved up a week.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I've done nothing today other than finally got into the doc so I could show him my booty hole and he confirmed I have a hemorrhoid. Prep H and quicker poops for this fella! :v:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Huh, that article was written by Boniface
I was expecting to see Jeb Lund in the byline but Daniel Boniface is 1000 times funnier

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Infinity War has been moved up a week.

Infinity Wars but it's Alex Jones who's drugged himself purple and the gems turn out to be 99.9% Saint John's Wort and Soy.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Had gently caress-all to do this morning and now have a bunch of stuff to do this afternoon.

A sales rep tried to send a customer a document that would get me fired, or at least severely admonished, if I did so myself and I had to tell her why she shouldn't do it.

Also we are interviewing some dude in one of our conference rooms right now, the same conference room that has a MAGA hat in a glass case in one corner. Yes the interviewee can see it from where he's sitting.

man sales depts are the loving worst.

We have a fairly standard ethics policy, and I get requests every goddamn day to change it or break the rules "just this once" and I'm seriously about to freak the gently caress out at these people.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

do you work for bill belichick?

I'm a key resource in an accelerated project with numerous other people half of whom don't know how to do what they need to do, but I've been doing it for 3 years, so suddenly I'm really popular. Also three meetings to review stuff my co-worker and I have produced on time, while meanwhile nobody else is going to hit the deadline for these things (which is tomorrow) and at least one team is going to be 2+ weeks late.

Advantage: I get to feel important and have people respect me
Disadvantage: I have to work harder and take lots of meetings

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
God my forearm is just utterly murdering me. I'm going to have to give up deadlifts, barbell curls and upright rows for awhile I think

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/969248417053659136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I recently started re-incorporating military press and pull ups in my workout after a five year hiatus and this morning I pulled my upper back brushing my loving teeth.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

man sales depts are the loving worst.

We have a fairly standard ethics policy, and I get requests every goddamn day to change it or break the rules "just this once" and I'm seriously about to freak the gently caress out at these people.

She's new to the game and I'm willing to chalk it up to ignorance rather than trying to do something shady (but our whole company feels kind of shady at times).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

C-Euro posted:

She's new to the game and I'm willing to chalk it up to ignorance rather than trying to do something shady (but our whole company feels kind of shady at times).

at my company everyone in the company regardless of role has to take the ethics and compliance training, and repeat it every two years, so there are zero excuses for not knowing that poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

God my forearm is just utterly murdering me. I'm going to have to give up deadlifts, barbell curls and upright rows for awhile I think

I was learning snatches and overhead squat the other day and the insides of my elbows are killing me. Maybe it was something else that day but locking your arms like that is tougher than you'd think.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i got the drab majesty album which is like the cure with more makeup and now im gonna watch the newish stalker blu ray release

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Think I might try to force ethics training down some throats here—that's a good idea.

pretty fuckin' mad about today.

C-Euro posted:

silver linings!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So how many different ways are these walden farms zero calorie dressings gonna give me cancer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I was learning snatches and overhead squat the other day and the insides of my elbows are killing me. Maybe it was something else that day but locking your arms like that is tougher than you'd think.

My pain began because of doing bigger weight for deadlifts than my grip was ready for :sigh:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

So how many different ways are these walden farms zero calorie dressings gonna give me cancer

cellulose gel, cool

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

My pain began because of doing bigger weight for deadlifts than my grip was ready for :sigh:

Yeah definitely get really comfortable doing the motion at a given weight before going up. My trainer told me I wasn't allowed to snatch or overhead squat anything but the bar until he was comfortable with my form, so I looked kind of silly doing them but I figured out how to do them well.

I also apparently have incredible hips for weight-lifting and I'm not sure how I got to this point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWh_rBC-5A

Walking over to the commissary to get a burrito and Michael Vick, Tony G and Matt Leinart out here doing passing drills with the employees and all I can think is, “Leinart what the gently caress are YOU doing here”

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
gently caress Tim Kaine and gently caress all Democrats involved with this.

https://twitter.com/splinter_news/s...90%7Ctwterm%5E3

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hifi posted:

cellulose gel, cool

Is this sarcasm because they are crucial to my plan to stuff my face without getting fat :ohdear:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ULA is launching an Atlas V in about three minutes, on this stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMDvPCGeE0

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Because the south is a joke, Georgia actually passed the tax bill that excludes Delta from getting breaks as retaliation for taking away the NRA member discount. People are PISSED because they're convinced this is going to keep Amazon from opening their second HQ there (lol like they were going to go to Atlanta anyway)

Also apparently there's a district court judge in Texas who received half of her campaign donations in the form of deer semen. $51K worth. Of deer semen

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 1, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Is this sarcasm because they are crucial to my plan to stuff my face without getting fat :ohdear:

its like eating metamucil

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

David Bonderman and Jerry Bruckheimer are gonna be the owners of the Seattle NHL team, and were told they would get the same draft rules that Vegas got. So it's a matter of catching lightning in a bottle twice.

Holy poo poo is it really itshappening.jpg

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean, how do you even get deer semen, do you have domesticated deer, or are they out there like tranquing wild bucks and then harvesting their semen

also how much is it worth, is this like a printer ink situation where $51k worth is like a half gallon, or...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

Because the south is a joke, Georgia actually passed the tax bill that excludes Delta from getting breaks as retaliation for taking away the NRA member discount. People are PISSED because they're convinced this is going to keep Amazon from opening their second HQ there (lol like they were going to go to Atlanta anyway)

Also apparently there's a district court judge in Texas who received half of her campaign donations in the form of deer semen. $51K worth. Of deer semen

Is she working on a Natural Harvest sequel or something?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also that's all hilarious but Delta does not need loving tax breaks, this thing where giant billion dollar companies making billions of dollars get tax breaks is dumb as hell.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I mean, how do you even get deer semen, do you have domesticated deer, or are they out there like tranquing wild bucks and then harvesting their semen

also how much is it worth, is this like a printer ink situation where $51k worth is like a half gallon, or...

It's transported/stored in straws, each straw holds about .5 ml of semen, which in this case was worth $1k per straw. 51 straws total. The best of the best of deer semen can be worth $20k per straw

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I see I see so are there deer farms where they're trying to breed superior deer or what else does one do with especially excellent deer semen

like what is throwing me is the idea that you need to farm loving deer, they're all over the goddamn place and readily available to be hunted if you want some deer meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress if I know

https://splinternews.com/texas-democrat-receives-huge-load-of-deer-semen-to-camp-1823436068