Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
For whatever it's worth, I actually think it's fairly smart. A good portion of their roster is either current or former Impact talent, and if they want to present themselves as a training ground for young wrestlers wanting to break through, offering training in and around a production environment (even one as lovely as Impact's) actually delivers some valuable experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Wrestlers who I've talked to about RISE have been really positive about it. Others see it and their seminar fees as a bit of con. Rival promoters view the seminars as stealth "pay to play". As cold-hearted business, the adjunct seminar to shows is a really smart idea as all women shows tend to be high cost and high risk relative to the live attendance.

As a fan, I am so happy RISE/Kevin Harvey bridged the longtime political gap between SHIMMER and STARDOM. To the degree SHIMMER's title is defended on STARDOM shows and now SHIMMER has finally the debut of elusive Toni Storm.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

It's pay to play, unless you're someone they already booked. I also don't think they could afford the seminar teaching talent without charging.

Plus, I like the idea of charging to keep out the riff raff who might get in there and get hurt or hurt someone.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh my god I listened to that Mandy Leon interview she did with WOL, and she thinks one of her best matches was against Jenny Rose. All of their matches were shitshows.

And in terms of STARDOM stuff, she humble bragged about defeating Io in her STARDOM debut match. :psyduck:

Mandy Leon is so goddamn terrible and came across as incredibly obnoxious in the interview she did, holy gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh my god I listened to that Mandy Leon interview she did with WOL, and she thinks one of her best matches was against Jenny Rose. All of their matches were shitshows.

And in terms of STARDOM stuff, she humble bragged about defeating Io in her STARDOM debut match. :psyduck:

Mandy Leon is so goddamn terrible and came across as incredibly obnoxious in the interview she did, holy gently caress.

I honestly think she's gotten worse. Like right after debut, she cut a pretty honest looking promo and she seemed overwhelmed almost. Maybe its gotten to her head?

I do know that in the grand scheme of things, she needs to learn to grapple more. As soon as she breaks contact with people, it all breaks to poo poo. Her hair gets in the way and she misses spots. Tighten that stuff up and I'll gladly cheer roundly the next time she beats Io.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Hana Kimura vs Sumie Sakai will be taped soon...it will be the dark match according to a few people.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/968999395600543744

It's pretty obvious ROH continues to not give a poo poo about women's wrestling and I wish STARDOM would find a better partner at this point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i mean what better partner are you gonna find in the US? shimmer runs 3 weekends a year and shine is a shindie. ring of honor is the only tv+touring promotion with women's wrestling so..?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

i mean what better partner are you gonna find in the US? shimmer runs 3 weekends a year and shine is a shindie. ring of honor is the only tv+touring promotion with women's wrestling so..?

I don't think they are too interested in a touring brand moreso than just getting some sort of foothold in the US.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
There really isn't a good stable company that focuses on women's wrestling in the US and its a real fuckin shame.

Like there's Shimmer but I keep hearing doom and gloom noises from Prazak's camp. So who knows how long they'll keep running.

SHINE is a shithole now. Great idea to have monthly women's wrestling show. Not a great idea to have bullshit booking be the order of the day.

WSU exists, I'm sure of that but I don't think they've run in quite some time or if they have, its super lowkey.

WWR is promising. They're run by the same crew that does Beyond so the competence level is high. A Stardom injection of talent would be just the thing they need.

RISE is pay to play in a market that's really too thin to be doing that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Why is WSU seemingly running a triple shot soon?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Stardom should send people to PWG

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sabotage is pretty good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pwg doesnt book women

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

pwg doesnt book women

They've booked local dudes and a new venue this year, anything can happen now.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Could a canadian company book women with Stardom?

Maybe GCW could think of a partnership since they've done so well with the Janela spring breaks?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

impact is the biggest company in canada and gcw is a deathmatch promotion. like in terms of companies that have the means and staff to get visas and not just do fly-by-night weekend bookings, you're looking at roh and uhhhh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Really, if an American top level Indy was gonna book Stardom women regularly, AAW seems like the most likely option.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those of you hoping that the Hana Kimura/Sumie Sakai match will be uploaded to the WOH/ROH channel or even Honor Club, I have bad news for you. It's not airing anywhere, and they have no plans to release it apparently. :psyduck:

For a company that supposedly wants to start making an impact in the Women's Wrestling scene, they sure are loving it up. If I were Rossy, I would be pissed right now.

Speaking of Hana, she's great.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/968733688656814081

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/969085385711214593

She's been really good lately with her breaking down/getting real mad about Tam leaving Oedo Tai. (For those who don't understand the second gif, Hana made Tam watch Sumire beat the hell out of her tag partner)

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 2, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Sumire beat up Princess Feather Duster?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

For those of you hoping that the Hana Kimura/Sumie Sakai match will be uploaded to the WOH/ROH channel or even Honor Club, I have bad news for you. It's not airing anywhere, and they have no plans to release it apparently. :psyduck:

For a company that supposedly wants to start making an impact in the Women's Wrestling scene, they sure are loving it up. If I were Rossy, I would be pissed right now.

What's the source on this?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

DarkstarIV posted:

Why fly somebody over from Japan to have them wrestle a dark match? :psyduck:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

What's the source on this?

Their own page apparently.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/sumie-sakai-and-hana-kimura-meet-woh-championship-tournament

They've since edited it somewhat, but it still doesn't say it'll be uploaded anywhere, and it's not airing live even on HonorClub, so its most likely a dark match at best.

quote:

The final first round match will take place prior to 16th Anniversary going LIVE on Pay Per View and for HonorClub. It features one of the most accomplished stars in the tournament taking on one of the fastest-rising stars in the world!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Will Stardom's streaming service be able to show the match eventually?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/969419164086566912 I feel like I might need to start watching this TJPW stuff.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Will Stardom's streaming service be able to show the match eventually?

Maybe? Depends on the details of their partnership. Regardless, the WOH tournament is shaping up to be a massive joke. Most (if not all) of the STARDOM talent will be jobbing out in the second round to the WOH people most likely.

Speaking of STARDOM, expect a small drought in content soon. They have two weeks of no shows coming up. English staff has moved to a new apartment closer to the STARDOM office, they are opening a new dojo, and Rossy moved to a new apartment. He posted a picture of it on his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/rossystardom/status/969238516017152000

All that Mil Mascaras merchandise. And the NXT hat. As for actual talent, I don't know what most of them are going to be doing in their two weeks off, as there is nothing scheduled for any of them, at least publicly. I imagine if the rumors of Io wanting another shot at a WWE contract are true, she'll probably fly out to Orlando for another tryout/physical or she'll do it when WWE tours Japan in June.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 3, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ishin posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/969419164086566912 I feel like I might need to start watching this TJPW stuff.

DDT Pro's live stream never works reliably for me but I caught part of the live show and ended up watching their Shinkiba show, which was pretty fun. Its very idol heavy but the women went to fuckin WAR on some matches.

some notes(distilled from my tweeter shitposts)

Hikari vs. Miu
-coupla young kids laying into each other.

Hyper Misao vs. Yuki Kamifuku
-Yuki dresses like a farm girl that swears in southern california english. Hyper Misao is a superhero(that is actually a jerk). They announced Yuki's breast size on commentary for some reason. Comedy heavy match with some good action.

Shoko Nakajima, Yuu & Raku vs. Rika Tatsumi, Maho Kurone & Hinano
-I vaguely remember this match. Yuu is very big and I like her. Shoko Nakajima comes out like a Kris Wolf cosplay. Maho Kurone is a zombie girl/Su Yung thing.

Saki-sami vs. Marika Kobashi
-Marika is like 16 years old, gives zero fucks if you live or die. She is coming for you, motherfucker. Saki is a palette swap Sumire Natsu with a much better sense of timing and spacing. If you ever want to see a grown rear end woman stomp out of a feral child, this is your stop.

Azusa Christie vs. Nodoka-oneesan
-Nodoka is a thick girl that shakes the ring when she dances(they made a big deal about this). Azusa dresses like a sexy nun and I guess teams with Saki in a mean girls crew. She cackles while she fights, its great poo poo. Very physical match.

Young girls then did a pretty good dance routine. Hikari, Miu, Raku and Hinano. I guess they're trainees or something. They all wear this clear plastic top over their chest gear, which I think is to keep their tops from becoming dislodged?

Maki Ito & Mizuki vs. Reika Saiki & Yuka Sakazaki
-I know of Reika from her music work with Ladybeard. Reika is very powerful and cute. Yuka is a magical girl. That's her gimmick. Everything is Madoka this or Madoka that. Maki and Mizuki are both bratty idol girls that open the show with shittalking and song. They are very scrappy. Good poo poo.

TOKYO Princess Of Princess Title Match
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs. Yuna Manase
-Yuna's gimmick is she's kinda thick and her prominent breasts are used offensively and defensively. She hits a titty rainmaker, I poo poo you not. Miyu is cut from that Io Shirai mold but comes off as a bit more street. Even with the titty antics, its a compelling match and worth tracking down.

Overall, TJP a way different vibe than Stardom. There's a lot of singing and dancing. A lot more sexual undertones for the older women. Not quite as physical but still some satisfying characters and matches so I'm willing to catch more of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Maybe? Depends on the details of their partnership. Regardless, the WOH tournament is shaping up to be a massive joke. Most (if not all) of the STARDOM talent will be jobbing out in the second round to the WOH people most likely.

If you're trying to establish a roster than bringing in outside talent to put them over makes total sense. If the final rounds were all STARDOM girls then it just sends a message that the WOH girls don't matter.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

If you're trying to establish a roster than bringing in outside talent to put them over makes total sense. If the final rounds were all STARDOM girls then it just sends a message that the WOH girls don't matter.

The problem is that the WOH division is widely seen as a massive joke as nepotism runs wild. Mandy Leon, Kelly Klein, and Brandi Rhodes are all absolutely god awful workers, and it ruins any sort of credibility the division has. Especially since Mandy is seen as the face (and being given special treatment over the rest of the females) of the division due to her being married (or is dating) the head booker of ROH, Delirious. If they want to actually be seen as credible, they have to avoid putting someone from the current WOH division over, unless said person is actually well liked and can wrestle well (Deonna is an example). I think Deonna and Karen Q are the only two real credible people signed to the WOH division.

But for right now in North America, if I had to list the credibility of the Women's Divisions in the big three companies in order from most credible to least credible, it would be: WWE (NXT, then RAW, then SD), TNA/Impact, ROH.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

coconono posted:

DDT Pro's live stream never works reliably for me but I caught part of the live show and ended up watching their Shinkiba show, which was pretty fun. Its very idol heavy but the women went to fuckin WAR on some matches.

The main event from yesterday's live show, Yuu and Nodoka vs. Saki-sama (who also shows up in DDT as Saki Akai) and Azusa was really good. The latter two have really stepped up their game since winning the TJP tag belts, Yuu is fantastic, and while Nodoka is kind of a jobber and has a very strange gimmick (her character is based on NHK kids' show hosts) she's super solid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

The problem is that the WOH division is widely seen as a massive joke as nepotism runs wild. Mandy Leon, Kelly Klein, and Brandi Rhodes are all absolutely god awful workers, and it ruins any sort of credibility the division has. Especially since Mandy is seen as the face (and being given special treatment over the rest of the females) of the division due to her being married (or is dating) the head booker of ROH, Delirious. If they want to actually be seen as credible, they have to avoid putting someone from the current WOH division over, unless said person is actually well liked and can wrestle well (Deonna is an example). I think Deonna and Karen Q are the only two real credible people signed to the WOH division.

But for right now in North America, if I had to list the credibility of the Women's Divisions in the big three companies in order from most credible to least credible, it would be: WWE (NXT, then RAW, then SD), TNA/Impact, ROH.

Uh, the second they announced Tenille was in the tournament I assumed she was winning. She's as hot a property as she's ever gonna be, so she has the leverage to say no to offers that would hurt her ability to draw.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

speaking of

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/970114511331086337

doubly relevant because april 4/13-4/15 is an AAW and SHIMMER weekend. doubt Tenille can do SHIMMER 100 since the WOH semifinals are at the ROH pre-show, but if she's at the Chicago tapings that SHIMMER roster looks to be stacked:

https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/969362915240431616

so that's
Nicole Savoy
Mercedes Martinez
Shazza McKenzie
Tessa Blanchard
Nicole Matthews
Madison Eagles
Deonna Purrazzo
Cheerleader Melissa
Madison Rayne (though she's off 100 for personal reasons so not positive)
Mia Yim
Chelsea Green+Britt Baker
LuFisto+Hudson Envy
Leva Bates+Delilah Doom
Kellyanne
Veda Scott
Zoe Lucas
Jessica Troy+Charli Evans

plus Kris Wolf, Kiera Hogan, probably Tenille and a Bull Nakano appearance

edit: Su Yung is on that AAW show too

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 4, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, the second they announced Tenille was in the tournament I assumed she was winning. She's as hot a property as she's ever gonna be, so she has the leverage to say no to offers that would hurt her ability to draw.

I don't see Tenille winning. I think she's facing Brandi next, and Cody is one of ROH's biggest stars. I doubt they'll let Tenille go over Brandi if there's even the slightest chance it'll piss him off.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Brandi isn't pushed as a star as a wrestler dude. Tenille is absolutely beating her. dial down the conspiratorial thinking lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tenille's really the ideal women's champ for ROH. She's a name star AND she's a decent-to-very-good worker who can carry the weaker wrestlers on the roster. Hell, I could see her beating Brandi and then in the finals she reveals she's joined Cody's Bullet Club faction and she and Brandi are actually besties who 'worked the marks'.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

Tenille's really the ideal women's champ for ROH. She's a name star AND she's a decent-to-very-good worker who can carry the weaker wrestlers on the roster. Hell, I could see her beating Brandi and then in the finals she reveals she's joined Cody's Bullet Club faction and she and Brandi are actually besties who 'worked the marks'.

i hate this idea so it's probably going to happen

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Looks like one of the next matches was set for STARDOM's Dream Slam event in a few weeks.

Kagetsu and Sumire Natsu vs Tam Nakano and a MYSTERY PARTNER in an EXPLODING BAT DEATH MATCH.

All I can say is it almost certainly won't be Io. Kagetsu tried getting her to tag with Tam, but Io outright said she doesn't do death matches and walked off, leaving Tam and her friends to fend for themselves. It's also been confirmed that Mayu is going after the red belt during the event, so I wouldn't be shocked if they put the title back on her, since Toni's reign has been...mediocre.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 4, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
put Onita in a dress. Come on Rossy, be that man.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of STARDOM, there are now Impact fans claiming that WWE is brainwashing Io into potentially signing with them. And that's how WWE gets all of their talent. And also that its not Tessa's fault she was a massive rear end in a top hat backstage at the MYC (it's WWE's fault she's awful). And that if WWE didn't have these "brainwashing" techniques, then Impact would be the bigger company.

Impact fans are so dumb. But you already knew that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the brainwashing technique is called giant stacks of money.