Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Frijolero posted:

this is a new loving low

they're scared. we're winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
levi "milkshake" sanders

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/MtthewRubiin/status/969085764133847041

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

anime was right posted:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

anime was right posted:

Have liberals ever "won" before?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this is cool af

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Oregon was founded as a whitetopia, literally banning black people for years. They used to have on the books public flogging for black people for every 6 months that they were a resident.

lol im not gonna defend oregon's white supremacist past but it's kind of a weak argument when you consider every state before the missouri compromise was founded on literal slavery with daily public and private floggings

in the meantime, my county just passed a law that levies taxes directly on insurance companies AND bans them from increasing rates as a result of said taxes in order to bolster income assistance for health insurance.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

goddamn. godDAMN.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

lol so the hillary campaign was the only one without anything illegal.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
After talking poo poo for years, I, a GOON, am running for Congress. My post history going public will be glorious. Hit me up, I'm a progressive running in TN-06

https://www.stephenbrandonforcongress.com/

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frijolero posted:

this is a new loving low

what makes the MEK so bad? they have an amusing flag at least

and it is kind of encouraging to see that howard dean is neither ignoring muslims or leftists (as long as they pay him)

quote:

Reza'i further argued that the banner of revolt raised by the Shi'i Imams, especially Ali, Hassan, and Hussein, was aimed against feudal landlords and exploiting merchant capitalists as well as against usurping Caliphs who betrayed the Nezam-i-Towhid. For Reza'i and the Mujahidin it was the duty of all muslims to continue this struggle to create a 'classless society' and destroy all forms of capitalism, despotism, and imperialism. The Mujahidin summed up their attitude towards religion in these words: 'After years of extensive study into Islamic history and Shi'i ideology, our organization has reached the firm conclusion that Islam, especially Shi'ism, will play a major role in inspiring the masses to join the revolution.

GoluboiOgon has issued a correction as of 22:13 on Mar 1, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

egoslicer posted:

After talking poo poo for years, I, a GOON, am running for Congress. My post history going public will be glorious. Hit me up, I'm a progressive running in TN-06

What's your stance on data centers and the proper number of them

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

What's your stance on data centers and the proper number of them

We need 6 of them.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

egoslicer posted:

We need 6 of them.
Not consolidated enough for democrats
Too consolidated for progressives

Welcome to your win, Senator Compromise.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007

ThndrShk2k posted:

Not consolidated enough for democrats
Too consolidated for progressives

Welcome to your win, Senator Compromise.

I strive for that sweet tasting Decorum.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoluboiOgon posted:

what makes the MEK so bad? they have an amusing flag at least

my bad, finshed reading the article

quote:

According to Country Reports on Terrorism, in 1990 the second phase of the 'ideological revolution' was announced during which all married members were ordered to divorce and remain celibate, undertaking a vow of "eternal divorce", with the exception of Massoud and Maryam Rajavi. Shortly thereafter, all children (about 800) were separated from their parents and sent abroad to be adopted by members of the group in Europe or North America.

In 1994, "self-divorce" was declared as the further phase of the 'ideological revolution'. During this process all members were forced to surrender their individuality to the organization and change into "ant-like human beings", i.e. following orders by their instinct.

The High Court ruled to close several MEK compounds after investigations revealed that the organization fraudulently collected between $5 million and $10 million in social welfare benefits for children of its members sent to Europe.

howard dean being the mouthpiece for islamic communists and insurance companies at the same time is still pretty funny tho

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

egoslicer posted:

Do you promise to privatize the TVA to give our struggling business owners the boost they need to be competitive?

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Do you promise to privatize the TVA to give our struggling business owners the boost they need to be competitive?

I think its important we privatize all public institutions so we can properly Hail Satan

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

egoslicer posted:

I think its important we privatize all public institutions so we can properly Hail Satan

Ty for your response

Here's a more pertinent question for you:

Where do you stand on three US flags?

I can see from your website that you have two:

But what about three even four US flags?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/969339577931583489

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well, after she worked so tirelessly to help trump ethnically cleanse the dreamers, i'd imagine the gays are next

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/969320331465887745?s=19

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Ty for your response

Here's a more pertinent question for you:

Where do you stand on three US flags?

I can see from your website that you have two:

But what about three even four US flags?

That's a stock photo I used to fill in the grid. However, I do stand firm in my decision that two flags are the upper bounds on what is allowed because of Trump. Any more and we'd be supporting the deep state American flag manufacturing industry, which is second only to the NRA in murdering everyone.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

People who start reciting the tedious "first they ignore you," spiel have a historical tendency to cut it short with the kind of sound typically made a bug being crushed under a very large and suddenly very swift and vicious foot.

There's a tendency in this narrative to skip over the "get tired of your bullshit" step before fear. We know what that step looks like, when the strained but polite facial expression drops and the claws come out. It's loving terrifying.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

egoslicer posted:

That's a stock photo I used to fill in the grid. However, I do stand firm in my decision that two flags are the upper bounds on what is allowed because of Trump. Any more and we'd be supporting the deep state American flag manufacturing industry, which is second only to the NRA in murdering everyone.

op i've reviewed the pictures on your site and im afraid im concerned about your ability to meet the age requirements for congress

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

in these days of vast and ever widening inequality, how can we be expected to support a man who hoards twice as many first names as the average american?

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

op i've reviewed the pictures on your site and im afraid im concerned about your ability to meet the age requirements for Congress

My son is my spirit animal. Also, his stances on the issues are an improvement on most Republican ideas. Pro nap time, pro juice, anti-diaper change, and promotes a balanced trade philosophy with our allies and imposing sanctions on those who would seek to do harm to our nation.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

One of my favorite movies, period. The history of coal mining and the coal miner's union in WV is super fascinating. On a less serious note, I like how Justified touched on the strikes, sort of casting it as an actual war with veterans and wounded.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Have liberals ever "won" before?

1992-2000 iirc

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

owns

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Matt Zerella posted:

the only good state in NE is VT. don't @ me

I've been driving back and forth between NY and Vermont regularly since my teens and the obvious differences once I cross the state line eastbound never stops shocking me.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
vermonts lack of billboards makes it the best state to drive thru by far

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Fleetwood posted:

I've been driving back and forth between NY and Vermont regularly since my teens and the obvious differences once I cross the state line eastbound never stops shocking me.

over by Ticonderoga? yeah the billboard thing is jarring. they really get them in as you cross.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I guess this sorta goes here too?

https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/965388760899780608

mostly why the succ stays succ is that they get morally indignant and try to shame. They shame and shame and shame, but I guess this goes for the circular firing squad

Joy Reid gets a mention especially with her twitter habits of trying to name and shame without it really getting traction

It seems to suggest that you should be guilting instead of shaming~

quote:

The shaming option berates the voter for being deplorable. The guilting option provides an opportunity for redemption.

quote:

No one was ever reformed by a lecture about how racist they are. Save the “How could anyone…”s for Twitter, and don’t underestimate the persuasive power of laying down a carefully calculated guilt trip.

lol

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Mar 2, 2018

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/Red_Pleb/status/969355388733870080

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Matt Zerella posted:

over by Ticonderoga? yeah the billboard thing is jarring. they really get them in as you cross.

I'm familiar with that area, although I went to high school further south in Salem, Washington County, so I'd cross over into Manchester and Bennington for work pretty often.

A lot of it is the extreme poverty writ on people's homes and poor road maintenance on the NY side, and then VT is like traveling through a Grandma Moses painting.

Even seemingly trivial things like the way power lines are placed in a haphazard fashion in NY makes me cringe.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://newrepublic.com/article/147247/democrats-helping-trump-dismantle-dodd-frank

quote:

Many progressive activists, led by the anti-corruption organization Rootstrikers, have taken to calling the Democratic co-sponsors the #bailoutcaucus. Nine of the twelve Democrats supporting the deregulatory measure count the financial industry as either their biggest or second-biggest donor, according to an analysis of Federal Election Commission data listed by The Center for Responsive Politics.

When questioned about this correlation, and whether it would aggravate concerns that the Democrats in support of this bill are being affected by industry money, a spokesperson for Senator Tim Kaine responded, “Campaign contributions do not influence Senator Kaine’s policy positions. He supports this bill because it provides relief for small community banks and credit unions in Virginia, helps prevent further harmful consolidation in the banking industry, and strengthens consumer protections for all Americans.”

Hillary Clinton’s former running mate was not alone. Mark Warner, Kaine’s fellow senator from Virginia, is also co-sponsoring. “Campaign contributions have never influenced Senator Warner’s decision making on policy matters and never will,” his press office asserted in an email.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
no one is ever going to say that someone’s campaign contribution influenced their vote because that’s actual quid pro quo corruption

then again the Supreme Court might strike down laws against even that level of blatant corruption, so who knows

• Locked thread