Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Nuebot posted:

It's a weird part of marketing these days I'll never get. Everyone knows streamers will hop right on to the new hotness the second it comes out. But developers continually waste a lot of money trying to appease them with free poo poo and shout-outs or whatever instead of worrying about making sure their dedicated fanbase is satisfied. Destiny 2's streaming numbers have never been spectacular because it's a boring game to watch - and the largest reason for that was because the guys in charge of PVP wanted to make a game that people could easily watch and keep track of on stream. Not one that was fun or interesting to play.

fun and interesting to play = fun and interesting to watch

bungie's d2 design is completely anathema to successful streaming, the issue isnt streamers being a thing, the problem is bungie not understanding what makes a game watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Nuebot posted:

There is no fun in overwatch. No matter what game mode you pick someone's going to be yelling and screaming that you're not PLAYING IT RIIIIGHT and then they'll spend the rest of the match killing themselves over and over again because everyone else on the team didn't do exactly what they said to.

Just like in D2, Mayhem is the most fun game mode.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nuebot posted:

There is no fun in overwatch. No matter what game mode you pick someone's going to be yelling and screaming that you're not PLAYING IT RIIIIGHT and then they'll spend the rest of the match killing themselves over and over again because everyone else on the team didn't do exactly what they said to.

lol

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

nickhimself posted:

Literally so I can find groups for content inside of the game rather than relying on discord or forums posts where I beg the internet to play a nightfall with me is why

If they added an LFG tool instead of chat I would be 100% happy because I actually don't care about the human aspect of grouping and just want to be able to run the content on my own time

See, I can get behind a LFG tool and it's amazing that in This Year Of Gaming 2018 that Bungie hasn't implemented one in its wannabe MMO.

orcane posted:

I'd also like to teach people how to spawn heroic events, cutting the time required for the clan XP milestone by half.

But sure, let's go with the racism.

Skoll posted:

Racism is the straw man for every beta goons lack of self confidence and zero social skills imo.

"I refuse to chat in a game because *insert woke opinion here*".

You make your own hell, goon xir.

I'm sure it'd be enjoyable to have dipshits yell at me that I'm shooting the spider wrong, but I much prefer having them scream into the void instead. The spawning of heroic events seems to me more of a design failure than a failure of communication, but we're also talking about a game that will literally spawn events on top of quest objectives and the like, so design failure seems par for the course.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao no assist points for a rumble mode in a super high ttk game, good poo poo bungie

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I hope they get rid of PVP entirely and focus on the PVE aspect

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
The heroic event complaints are weird to me, the taken one is the only event that the general public doesn't know how to do 99% of the time (it's more like 80% of the time) and it's really easy to turn that one heroic on your own.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

wyoak posted:

The heroic event complaints are weird to me, the taken one is the only event that the general public doesn't know how to do 99% of the time (it's more like 80% of the time) and it's really easy to turn that one heroic on your own.

Really? My experience is that ONE person can keep 2 people from triggering a Heroic with the Taken one.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Really? My experience is that ONE person can keep 2 people from triggering a Heroic with the Taken one.
Maybe it's tricky if you don't have Wardcliff Coil idk

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

wyoak posted:

Maybe it's tricky if you don't have Wardcliff Coil idk

Yeah, Wardcliff has some goofy thing where it's insanely good at that one public event. It's literally 3-5x faster than any other weapon.

But lol at using a heavy other than Sins of the Past for anything ever

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think it depends on what they're doing. Like if someone doesn't know how to do the event at all, it's easy to make it heroic. But if someone doesn't know how, or doesn't want to, make it heroic and is determined to finish most events the normal way first it's really easy for them to poo poo it up for everyone except for the two cabal ones.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I love the one pubby who blows up the spider tank with the rocket launchers while people are trying to trigger the heroic event.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah, sometimes I don't think it's that "pubbies are morons" but "pubby was at 99% Flashpoint and just wanted to finish"

It's usually the moron thing tho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Control Volume posted:

I hope they get rid of PVP entirely and focus on the PVE aspect

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm someone who plays Overwatch everyday, just loving mute people who say racist poo poo and move on with your life.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Report them and then mute them because even though it feels like you're tossing your report right in the trash (and usually are), many report systems work primarily on report volume.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm someone who plays Overwatch everyday, just loving mute people who say racist poo poo and move on with your life.

-looks at post-

-looks at av-

-looks back at post-

hm

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
He's not wrong though

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

nickhimself posted:

He's not wrong though

hm.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Mute the racists and assholes, enjoy the good stuff

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Anyone who thinks a chubby echidna is a racist meme should go outside

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
hm.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bring back the cuphead Av you bitch

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bring back the cuphead Av you bitch

:emptyquote: :h:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone who thinks a chubby echidna is a racist meme should go outside

hm.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone who thinks a chubby echidna ____ _ _____ _______ ______ is a racist meme should go outside

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46670

"The issue where players do not respawn in the “Leviathan” raid is a memory issue due to the size and complexity of the activity, and it will require a code fix. It is caused when a fireteam splits up across large distances while others remain back and swap out their gear. This has seemed to be occurring more often in recent weeks because we have updated our loot tables in order to make the “Leviathan” raid a more rewarding experience, with more incentives to return to. We are still investigating a code fix for the problem.

In the meantime, you can avoid this issue by sticking together as a team while trying out your sweet new loot. We realize that this is not an acceptable fix, but we wanted to give you info on how you can try to mitigate the issue while we work on it. If you do happen to hit this issue even following those steps, then reequipping the armor set you had when you spawned into the activity may return your Guardian to action."

EXTREMELY VALUABLE INTEL (just 6 months too late)

All the PvP changes sound great. in honor of this, I will log in, empty my postmaster on all 3 dudes, and frag as much of my inventory as I can, so that when i return sometime in May/October, im not all clogged up with a bunch of bullshit

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
trip report of games im playing instead:

Into the Breach

drat this game is good into the breach, not Destiny 2

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
R-Type final was really good, you guys. Unlike this game. And I'm sad it's over and no more R-Types will exist.

Did they make this game good yet?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'd ask in-game but I don't think anyone would reply.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Moola posted:

trip report of games im playing instead:

Into the Breach

drat this game is good into the breach, not Destiny 2

Here's my trip report of a game I'm playing that's not D2: R6:Siege is cool even if I'm supremely bad at it.

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub
If someone would be so kind and theres still room - just applied to Hotdog, Menace2Brociety

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Emulator posted:

If someone would be so kind and theres still room - just applied to Hotdog, Menace2Brociety

Gotcha!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
still playing the division, it's in a real good place right now

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It's not remotely the same kind of game but I'm really into Elder Scrolls Online right now. That's another game that launched rough as gently caress but busted their rear end and turned it around into an actual great game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t know if anyone else played Titanfall 2 but the training simulation planet from the tutorial level looks almost exactly like past Mercury (huge amber wheat fields punctuated by purple trees woh weirdly geometric architecture rising up into the sky)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am having zero trouble finding congregations of pubbies shooting things on Titan, so if anyone who plays the game is still grinding out Powerful engrams, the Weekly Hotspot is really easy. :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Moola posted:

Oh god why did I buy this game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

DrNutt posted:

Jesus. :psyduck: Can you just like... Play Overwatch for fun or do you have to turbosperg tactics in order to not get shouted at by autists?

its the nature of the game and why I stick to r6s mostly these days. overwatch's meta molded itself into two tanks, two healers, two dps and no part of that puzzle functions without the others. oh you're healing and owning and doing good and nobody is dying? well nobody on the other team is dying either because you're gold damage with moira. and if you pick tank or dps then you'll just literally never get healed and you won't be able to do anything.

meanwhile in sixer I relish getting to clutch a carry a game when it's 1v5 because you feel like a god and it's actually a possibility, whereas lone genji just feeds and gets blamed by team for throwing. and that's like, the other thing. people can actually feed the enemy team. like their death has caused the enemy team to grow more powerful. I played ow last night and a potg was a pubbie line of sighting me wanting to heal him so he could stand on a medkit for 5 seconds, a mccree came and killed him to charge his ult, and then he ulted me as I was walking over to save the idiot from himself. in r6s when a pubbie dies I go "sweet new intel" and kill the guy who just revealed the angle he was holding.

not to mention sixer is all corners and doorways and less non-stop action. going back and playing ow tires me out, it's like constantly 180 flicks and spinning, r6 is usually slowly advancing on points and acting on information rather than pure twitch quake arena gameplay.

they're both good games but r6s is more satisfying to play after burning myself out on ow over the course of the entire 2017 year.

Minera fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yo the R6 thread and Overwatch forum is thataway ===>

• Locked thread