Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

s h e n n a n i g a n s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

bunky posted:

Did anyone catch the Trixie and Katya Bob show last night? It's waiting on my dvr and I have high expectations. Hopefully Katya gets well soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLw9G1WpC4

It was very hilarious. Bob and Trixie's chemistry is different than Trixie and Katya, but Bob has incredible one-liners the entire episode.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yeah, Bob is a great fill in.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
My wife was pacing around and somehow called the white out. Very confident that Morgan will be gone very soon

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

That mini challenge on Thai Drag Race was awesome as hell. I really miss the photo shoot challenges.

Agreed. They did the same one in (I think?) Season 2 and the results were incredible then too. I really wish the show would just let the queens do more creative challenges, they're much more interesting to watch than the acting/comedy stuff I think.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bebe threw that loving Lip Sync you cannot tell me otherwise I will fight you.

The round table of eliminated queens pleading their cases and Chi Chi all "Nah, I'm cool" was the best.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 2, 2018

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'd like to thank the AV Club for transcribing the following:

Rrrrrrrrrra taka titi ta ta
Yeah, I’m pussy bitch
Ooh la la la la la la
C’est bon c’est bon
Doko choko la ta la
You can take my snatch
Drag it up wheel it up
Give me more
BRING IT TO THE BALL! (wild cackle)

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Okay, I'll be honest, in my heart of hearts at this point I would not have been satisfied with with Bendela going home under any other circumstances, but that was absolutely perfect. Dela is insanely talented, but she's been outspoken about not fitting into the reality show mold or liking how it homogenizes the art of drag/turns performers against each other for the world to scrutinize. (You can agree or disagree with her on that, but it's certainly a valid perspective.) So seeing her come into a reality show and "win" it in her way without ending up in another wildly unpleasant insecurity-spewing bitchfest like how it ended for her in season 6 was soooo loving satisfying. She got to go out smelling like a rose, like she easily could have won the whole thing but knew that queens like Shangela would appreciate the title more, and Dela knew she'd already proved herself and rejuvenated her brand, which is the real way to win Drag Race...just...*chef's kiss*. I loving live.

In terms of pitch-perfect reality TV drama and karma, this is the best season of Drag Race ever. The producers must be pretty fuckin' pleased.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

zelah posted:

My wife was pacing around and somehow called the white out. Very confident that Morgan will be gone very soon

I got the same feeling too since Dela was clearly unhappy about the system put in place that episode, plus she said "I'm not sending her home" to all of them. Bringing Morgan back was also obviously such a left-field choice, it was an additional layer of "really, bitch?" to the producers. Can't say I disagree with her choice, forcing one of the winning team to go home was pretty much unfair reality TV BS, among other things. And Ben fully knows the crown's not the real prize here anyway.

Well it may have been subtly telegraphed but gently caress if my jaw didn't drop when she actually did it :stare:

Also, calling it now: Shangela is gonna "win" the season, but she's gonna drag Ben back in and make Ru crown her. Because Shangie drat well know Ben's leaving a fuckin legend now and there's no other way for Shangie to come out heat-free out of her winning. And I'd be all here for that dramatic finale. :allears:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

also fuckin lmao at thorgy souring the mood one last time before she goes for real

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
∆ bitch yes ∆

That teaches me to avoid the motherfucking spoilers. Goddamn.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Holy. poo poo.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
What the fuuuuck

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
loving gagged. Wish I watched it live at a bar or something.

Also, re: Drag Race Thailand: VH1/Rupaul needs to drop some extra coin and fly over some SEAsian queens. A few of them are sickening and I'm positive they all speak better English than Kenya Michaels.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ho

lee

loving poo poo

gently caress YES MORGAN

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

For real though this episode was amazing. This whole season is amazing, I've been enjoying it more than AS2 from the go. Last week was ... a low, but w/e it was like a mediocre before the storm. This poo poo is loving lit.

Both teams did amazing. I was expecting the top 5 team to bomb, definitely not win, and gently caress all y'all for ever doubting Bebe, she's an amazing performer. Everyone did great, though. Like I don't have any real complaints about any part of either performance. Some girls tripped and slipped up a bit during their numbers, but whatever they were all fierce. This episode was just so good. The loving shade. Oh god, all of it, this is what I wanted in AS2, and all I got was Phi Phi being Phi Phi. Which is good but not as good as p much everyone being different shades of oval office. And I loving loved Chi Chi just being totally happy to chill out and perform (and perform loving well, holy poo poo why didn't I know Chi Chi's could sing?) and have no desire or expectations to return. And not wanting to be the Roxxxy of AS3. Relatable.

Dela leaving does not surprise me, at all. I'd heard the rumour she eliminates herself and as soon as they revealed the change from last year's revenge of the queens episode I knew he'd be voting himself off if he got through to the lip sync. I really liked this change btw, having the winner either choose a queen to return/be the queen to return and picking one of the top five to leave. Last season just had the elimated queens compete to return and send someone home. The remaining queens were just their partners for the challenge. Them doing a little twist on it was nice and having the remaining and eliminted queens compete with eachother. A++

But yeah, Dela had said for years after season 6 he would never come back so I was surprised to hear he'd be doing AS3. Not at all surprised he'd take an opportunity bail as soon as it got too shady. I wouldn't be shocked if season 9 being such a best friend's race made him think AS3 would be like that, too, or something. Or maybe he really just wanted to come in and prove he deserved Miss Congeniality of season 6, since so many people were salty he got it over Joslyn. Or maybe he just wanted to compete and maybe win. There's no way to know and I don't really care. Just sad to see him go b/c I would have liked it if he won, but also this way I don't have to be upset with one of my other girls eliminating him.

I really hope Morgan loving tears back into this competition with a vengeance. I'm so happy she's back. I think Aja very clearly deserved it more and would have also slain, but I can't not be hype my girl's back in after being so sure pre-season she would at least out last Thorgy and Chi Chi.

ALSO

I love you Aja girl but step the gently caress off, telling Bebe Zahara Benet she ain't Sasha Velour don't take her wig off. She's right Bebe should not be tearing off that wig unless there's something under it, be it petals or another wig, but there's a reason removing your wig was tired af and it's because Bebe did it first and queens copied it for like 3 seasons til it got tired and desperate.

Bitch Bebe tearing off her wig during her lip sync with Ongina which was so close had Ru so shook she had to get up and leave the table to deliberate. poo poo girl. Respect. Just because Sasha is the only queen since Roxxxy to make a wig removal work doesn't mean you can do Bebe that way. The Lost Season indeed ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UKERf8ggzM

(also Shannel was right)

esperterra fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 2, 2018

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Thought it might happen when the challenge winners were announced, and then for sure saw it coming once the post-runway interviews started. The whole episode's story line was pretty much BenDeLaCreme's inner turmoil, plus some drag race. While I'm sad to see her go, it doesn't feel contrived at all. It really seems like the competition was eating away at her being, despite her constant success. I love that she still won the challenge by channeling her compounding negative feelings. Although, I do hope that it doesn't cheapen things for the remaining queens.

blizzardvizard posted:

Also, calling it now: Shangela is gonna "win" the season, but she's gonna drag Ben back in and make Ru crown her. Because Shangie drat well know Ben's leaving a fuckin legend now and there's no other way for Shangie to come out heat-free out of her winning. And I'd be all here for that dramatic finale. :allears:

Please, gayby Jesus, make this happen. Except make it a double crowning.

I loved Chi Chi this episode. She was just there to have fun; no intentions of coming back or airing any grievances with her eliminators.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Like, no matter why she did it or what you think of it, what Ben just did was loving iconic and will be remembered for Drag Race eternity.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Most all-around brilliant play in herstory. Period. Ben De La Christ, indeed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol in advance for next week, when Bebe shows her lipstick.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Imagine the lol if Bebe (and she probably would have if she didn't flip her wig) had won and Dela had to show her lipstick instead.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

There's absolutely zero chance Bebe would have won that lipsync. The whole thing reeked of production meddling, but in the best, most Baudrillardian way we've come to expect from this show.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say that Bebe was instructed to take her wig off, so that there'd be no question that Dela would win.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

spite house posted:

production meddling

Maybe, maybe not. Ru probably knew Dela chose herself but her eyes were on Bebe the whole time 'til that wig came off. Again, it could be production. It's reality TV so a percentage of it is always going to be. I think from Ben it was a big gently caress you to the production as well tbh, she's always had bad things to say about the drama on set/how the show is made/etc.

Whatever it was, it was gold and I'm sure World of Wonder is very happy.

e: also lol Ru looked pissed. like legit.

also she looked amazing last week, I forgot to mention it. Still a Raven beat but she's finally figured Ru's face out. Looked fuckin splendid

e2!!!: also HOLY gently caress Emma Bunton was an amazing guest judge, I hope she comes back. I loving love that bitch she is a gas, always loved Baby Spice but my maddest respect is for her recurring role on AbFab

esperterra fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 2, 2018

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

God drat it what the gently caress? I watch this via Amazon and the show cut off right after Ben and Bebe picked their lipsticks. It didn't show the lip-sync or elimination/bring back. I thought they purposely ended on a cliff ha her but I guess loving not. Anywhere I can see the rest of the episode?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dear Prudence posted:

God drat it what the gently caress? I watch this via Amazon and the show cut off right after Ben and Bebe picked their lipsticks. It didn't show the lip-sync or elimination/bring back. I thought they purposely ended on a cliff ha her but I guess loving not. Anywhere I can see the rest of the episode?

I can throw something up for you. From the lipstick picking to the end?

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Yes please. It cut off as th said bring back my filthy girls and went straight to next time on drag race.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dear Prudence posted:

Yes please. It cut off as th said bring back my filthy girls and went straight to next time on drag race.

https://vimeo.com/258244008

Here, boo. lmk if it gets Viacom'd.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

esperterra posted:

Thank you so muuuch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dear Prudence posted:

Thank you so muuuch.

No prob!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I was all in on Trixie standing up to Adam, btw. I wish she had said something on the runway when he called her out on being "difficult". I looked at my wife when he said it and was like..."you need to sing higher since you are dressed as a woman and are wearing a dress and wig" pretty much flies in the face of what that whole loving show is about.

I dunno, made me angry.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I also learned the difference between an Adam Lambert and an Adam Levine last night. This show is so educational.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Flyinglemur posted:

I was all in on Trixie standing up to Adam, btw. I wish she had said something on the runway when he called her out on being "difficult".
I was dying over the fact that Trixie apparently doesn't understand how every single Drag Race singing competition is autotuned so much that even Milk sounded decent.

Girl, we'll fix it in post.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
That was another thing...if Milk was being genuine about not realizing she was being an rear end in a top hat, then I really feel bad for her that she learned it on TV like that. It's never easy to hear that kind of feedback - IF she was serious about how it affected her. And I got the feeling that maybe it did a little because even though she went with her brand of "Milky Kitty" she seemed to be performing a little, looser I guess? Like she was trying to project a more fun version of herself.

Or not. I dunno - it's hard to tell on a reality TV show.

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 2, 2018

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

warez posted:

Agreed. They did the same one in (I think?) Season 2 and the results were incredible then too. I really wish the show would just let the queens do more creative challenges, they're much more interesting to watch than the acting/comedy stuff I think.

It's been a minute, but I don't remember season 2 having a black light challenge. The closest I can recall is All Stars 1 having a black light sort of theme for a promotional teaser they shot.

Makes me wish we could've had a little more post-production on the new challenge. Even just bumping up the contrast on the photos more probably would've gone a long way.

The wedding photo maxi challenge is definitely season 2, though. From what I remember of that version, the photos were a lot more varied this time around. The menswear in the original was completely perfunctory (maybe provided by the show?), and everyone stuck with relatively standard Western wedding dresses. I can't fault the season 2 queens for that last part—it's what they know, it's what the audience expects, and going in other directions could easily veer into uncomfortable appropriation territory—but it was cool to see the variety in wedding styles on Drag Race Thailand.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Dear Prudence posted:

esperterra posted:

thanks, this was horseshit that Amazon cut off before the lipsynch

I'm kind of tired of Bebe's plot armor, she's so... one-note

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pellisworth posted:

thanks, this was horseshit that Amazon cut off before the lipsynch

So did iTunes, I thought until I checked the thread that they were just leaving it for next week which would be shady as gently caress.

I'm honestly disappointed as hell in Ben De La, but more than that I kinda hated this episode from start to finish. It was basically an hour of people complaining at each other with about five minutes of performance peppered in to remind us that it's (supposedly) a talent show. I just wasn't entertained by most of it, which is unusual for me and Drag Race.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

esperterra posted:

Think yew.

I managed to shut all my social media down after 8pm last night and avoided spoilers until this morning and Amazon decided to gently caress me in the rear end anyway.

edit: I guess I can respect Win DeLaCreme's decision to leave but I think it was Kenney's time to go. Morgan has always been a guilty pleasure, so I'm kinda excited she's back... but I might have favored Aja over her. I dunno.

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 2, 2018

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm wrting this post while watching the episode so it's going to be a little scrambled

- Morgan calling out Ben at the start for being a hypocrite annoyed me. The group had agreed to a set of rules (or at least said they did) and Morgan went out of her way to say NOPE I'M DOING WHATEVER I WANT and then was surprised to get sent home? I don't think it was hypocritical, I think it was the smart move.
- The Thorgy Note Saga again oh lord. Although I do think Thorgy should have been safe that week (Milk was worse)... actually same with Aja
- Aja calling out Bebe for the judges saying "Did you make that?" and Bebe giving no credit to Aja was good.
- lmao that Milk is so delusional that he didn't even know he was being a toilet
- Goddamn I love Kennedy, so blunt. I would watch a show of Kennedy just reading people.

- Adam Lambert sucks
- lmao Milk reminding me of the rap challenge from his season. Wasn't that the one Adore slayed? And the one where Darienne had that line about "walking down the street *mumble mumble* dirty feet"
- "nymphomaniac mathlete"
- oh my god Trixie going after Adam Lambert is the best. "I like realism" "Oh you're gonna love Trixie Mattel."
- I am glad Morgan and Ben made up.

- of the eliminated girls, Lil Banjee (Aja) and Morgan both brrrrrrought it
- uhh Ben's character just looks like Jinkx Monsoon, lmao
- Shangie's 'LOVE NO HOE' necklace
- the top 5 were all great in the challenge except Bebe tbh. uh wtf is Bebe doing in the top???
- lmao ChiChi "I don't wanna be the Roxxy of All Stars 3"
- Milk's "I feel very deserving to be brought back" is perfect tone-deaf Milk that he gave us all season.

Okay we're at deliberation and tbh I think Aja and Morgan are the two who deserve to come back the most.

RU'S :geno: FACE WHEN BEBE TOOK OFF HER WIG

oh my god that ending, oh my god oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

INCREDIBLE TELEVISION.

• Locked thread