Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

RandallODim posted:

Well, if we're lucky, this chapter will end within the next few months, so you'll get some sort of resolution! Maybe!

Hussie Zack could use an editor

This post made me wonder what BSS was like during homestuck's heyday. Was there even a thread or was discussion on it verboten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

There is still a thread for Homestuck.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Dimitri's character design bugs me in that he's clearly way too cool to be eleven years old.

He reminds me of the friend characters in Milo Murphy's Law, who all constantly wear expressions that indicate that they are so fly they have difficulty remaining in Earth's gravity well and they know it. It makes me feel like I'm watching a show with twenty-four-year-old models pretending to be unpopular freshmen.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dimitri is basically child Spike Spiegal

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Suzy is Fae, that other guy is the dog, and Issac is Sepharoth. Checks out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Xinder posted:

This post made me wonder what BSS was like during homestuck's heyday. Was there even a thread or was discussion on it verboten?

Good Christ, was there ever a thread. Busier than the Gunnerkrigg thread, crazier than e/n on lsd doing 95 down a narrow road. Don't plumb those depths.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Suzy is Fae, that other guy is the dog, and Issac is Sepharoth. Checks out.

Isaac is still on the good guys side but he'll go full Vicious soon enough.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I might be remembering wrong but I don't think Homestuck fandom got really weird until he introduced those grey skinned characters (demons?) but I don't know because I was outie on it when the update schedule started dragging.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
I remember when Undertale was announced in one of the Homestuck threads.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Scaramouche posted:

I might be remembering wrong but I don't think Homestuck fandom got really weird until he introduced those grey skinned characters (demons?) but I don't know because I was outie on it when the update schedule started dragging.
Oh you dear sweet summer child. Never lose that innocent ignorance of what Homestuck hath wrought. You're better off this way.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still like homestuck for all its many glaring flaws

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tollymain posted:

i still like homestuck for all its many glaring flaws

av/post

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah, that's when it became easy to go full Original the Character on it, which always drags out the weirdest of largest quantities of fairly banal weirds.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 1, 2018

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was practically designed to do that, given that it came with four "unique" types of relationship that could encompass all sorts of weird shipping (which was not only also a thing happening in the comic but one of the relationships themselves, shipping two other people for love or hatefucking) and various other things that seem designed to evoke that sort of response in the parts of the online community that get excited by that sort of thing. It was a parody of those things to some extent, but it also engaged in them extensively at the same time.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

shirts and skins posted:

Good Christ, was there ever a thread. Busier than the Gunnerkrigg thread, crazier than e/n on lsd doing 95 down a narrow road. Don't plumb those depths.

well now i have to

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I feel like that music video of Dante Basco getting chased through the streets by rabid Homestuck fans until he eventually becomes one of them is probably the best representation of the high water mark of the hype train.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Roland Jones posted:

It was a parody of those things to some extent, but it also engaged in them extensively at the same time.

Which segues nicely into the speech Dirk gives about irony and how all successful irony also has a layer of sincerity.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson about mentioning the forbidden webcomic, as merely speaking it's name will summon a flock of fans to descend on your thread like a pack of wolves

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Anyway, anyone else think Lucifer would make a good moirail? I need to update my shipping chart after the last few pages

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
*kicks down the front door*

DID SOMEONE SAY HOMESTUCK!??

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank god, you've freed me. i need to go buy groceries

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-255

I'm really enjoying Hijack now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
PJ's face. :allears:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I love how Hijack clearly didn't have a plan beyond what he's doing in that second panel, and that Max is having none of his poo poo.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Great punchline. I actually laughed :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hijack, welcome to #deathcrew

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Some A+ faces on this page.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Hijack's gone Super Saiyan :ssj:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm loving losing it, everyone's faces are incredible :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Paranatural is a good comic.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Lord Testosteroth

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Zeeman posted:

Lord Testosteroth

:allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not many comics can pull off the copy paste panels but Zack did a great job with everyone's reactions.

Also Hijack is such a loving dork.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zeeman posted:

Lord Testosteroth

Watch him be a real character and/or Zarei's screen name.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
that last panel is perfect, his bluff is called so he just blurts out a Final Fantasy monologue

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

But enough of this - have at you !!

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

New page is up.

Is anyone else concerned about how much blackmail these people, most of whom are 11 - 13, have on each other?

Forget the ghosts. This town will collapse under the weight of its own scandals.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
next in line to receive fabulous prizes?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Perfectly good vein man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im actually failing to work out what dimitri means here by "you're next" though