Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Hmm. I think I'd like to do frost blades/molten strike/ancestral call build, but preferably one that doesn't rely on abyss jewels. Anyone have a build they really liked for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
The new league patch is up on Steam/Launcher, so start now if you want to make sure it's ready in time for the start.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Downloading now on steam but it's steam so I have the lowest possible expectations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think there was actually a line in the patch notes that says that they fixed the slow rewrite thing in the Steam version so it should be fast now?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Hmm. I think I'd like to do frost blades/molten strike/ancestral call build, but preferably one that doesn't rely on abyss jewels. Anyone have a build they really liked for this?

the build was invented in Abyss, just do the same with less dps

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I've never actually gotten to play at an actual league start. How does this work? Will the servers come up at 12:00 PST and it's a FFA to try and log in and create a character?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thinking of doing either of these two builds as a league stater to farm Uber lab the first week and build up some currency.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010/page/1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hn40A0geuY

Leaning towards the Thucc jugg build in the video. Anyone have experience with either or some insight as to the viability as a league starter.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I wanna try Viper Strike Assassin using poison. I have no idea if its possible and have no idea how to make a build.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Bugamol posted:

I've never actually gotten to play at an actual league start. How does this work? Will the servers come up at 12:00 PST and it's a FFA to try and log in and create a character?

They usually come up a little early, sometimes 15min or so, and start letting people log in and play right away

Shortly after that, queues for the login server begin forming, you might have to wait 15-30 mins to get past the queue and start playing

Gameplay itself is typically pretty stable, barring crazy bugs.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bugamol posted:

Pretty much. There will be a queue at the start but it wont be longer than 15-30 minutes max. Launches are usually fairly smooth

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Fat_Cow posted:

I wanna try Viper Strike Assassin using poison. I have no idea if its possible and have no idea how to make a build.

This dude got one to 93 in abyss, so probably?

https://poe.ninja/builds/char/%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8F/KroIyaOneUpsMaligaro?i=4&search=skill%3DViper%20Strike

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Zotix posted:

Thinking of doing either of these two builds as a league stater to farm Uber lab the first week and build up some currency.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010/page/1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hn40A0geuY

Leaning towards the Thucc jugg build in the video. Anyone have experience with either or some insight as to the viability as a league starter.

Jugg is great as long as you're good with a low damage build. That shouldn't be too bad for lab running since you spend a lot more time running around than killing stuff. No idea about the other build, since the forums are down until the league starts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A good place to look at builds https://poe.ninja/builds?league=Abyss

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there a way to separate my Steam account from this game? Tired of the slow rear end patching via Steam.

Only a few hours left and I still can't settle on a build. I haven't seen any cool Shield Throw builds. Everyone is doing Tectonic Jugg so I don't want to try that out.

I think I might do GC Totems Hiero but eh. Totems are kind of lame.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Heres a frostblade / molten strike build that looks like the standard way to build it. We won't have the crazy abyss jewels but otherwise it looks normal.

https://poe.ninja/builds/char/vilsukka/GucciNewVaalPact?i=11&search=skill%3DMolten%20Strike%2CFrost%20Blades%26league%3DAbyss%26heatmap

Sab669 posted:

Is there a way to separate my Steam account from this game? Tired of the slow rear end patching via Steam.

Only a few hours left and I still can't settle on a build. I haven't seen any cool Shield Throw builds. Everyone is doing Tectonic Jugg so I don't want to try that out.

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is associate an email address with your account on the poe website and then you can download the client and log in from there. They mentioned recently they were adding it, so if its not there yet you can just contact support.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just download the client directly from GGG

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
A few more hours and then it's time to crank some eurobeats and catch some Pokemon in POE while going fast.

The rest of my work day is going to feel like forever. :sweatdrop:

At least I've got my starter decided. Flameblast Hiero gonna melt some faces.

Sab669 posted:

How about Fire Nova Mine Sabo?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Tarke has a shield throw deadeye in his starter build video.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Can the worms from writhing jar be cursed? My gameplan for bosses on my occultist is going to be to pop that flask twice and kill the worms for a 128% added damage as Chaos buff for bosses.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

So far I've only played melee characters, this time around I wanted to try a spell caster. I have tentatively settled on SR trickster. Usually I only play one char a league that I get to 90+, does anyone have a link to a decent build handy?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For trickster SR This is what I do to research builds for example

https://poe.ninja/builds?class=Trickster&skill=Scorching%20Ray&league=Abyss

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

West007 posted:

So far I've only played melee characters, this time around I wanted to try a spell caster. I have tentatively settled on SR trickster. Usually I only play one char a league that I get to 90+, does anyone have a link to a decent build handy?

mathil has one in his starter video that im going to follow. I did SR inquis 2 leagues ago and it was hella strong and relatively fast. figure ill try trickster now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I gotta say those recipes look really cool. I guess the question is what the drop rate on low level nets is going to be like, and whether it's worth four of them for the QS flask or the MS boots.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Fister Roboto posted:

I gotta say those recipes look really cool. I guess the question is what the drop rate on low level nets is going to be like, and whether it's worth four of them for the QS flask or the MS boots.

This sorta stuff is exactly why GGG has a billion tiers of nets.

Use em if you got em cause they'll be worthless in a few levels anyways.

e. or probably use em to get MS boots if you don't have em already, and then never use them again til you hit maps.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm guessing they are going to drop like candy - the bottleneck for the recipes is supposed to be the beasts, not the nets. Honestly I'm not sure why the nets even exist, but maybe that will become clear.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Do your totems inherit Arcane Surge from you?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Twist And Pout! posted:

Can the worms from writhing jar be cursed? My gameplan for bosses on my occultist is going to be to pop that flask twice and kill the worms for a 128% added damage as Chaos buff for bosses.

Malediction does not work this way, it is not a buff that builds up, so killing one enemy with 3 curses on it grants the same buff as killing 10 enemies with 3 curses on them.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Storm just knocked out my power, rip me

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

No kidding... hopefully I remember to logon to texas instead of DC when the servers come back up.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Challenges can be viewed on your pathofexile.com profile. Looks likely those useful levelling beast recipe crafts will be a given as completing all of them is the third challenge.

in the end game grinds :
Defeat any Bestiary Bosses (0/20)

super ultra mega rare or long rear end process of building towards them?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

regulargonzalez posted:

Do your totems inherit Arcane Surge from you?

Yes, totems use your stats for casting plus any totem-specific bonuses you have. Buffs to you, like surge and charges, always affect your totems.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Did anyone else get all their graphics settings reset with the patch?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

LordVorbis posted:

Any cyclone build will pretty much just let you face roll all the way to the final boss. You WILL die in that fight about 20 times but thats because its horribly tuned for casual players, and aoe death of red on red ground with red background is just a bad time for anyone with eyes.

Thanks for the suggestion, this Slayer seems easy.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Vulpes posted:

Did anyone else get all their graphics settings reset with the patch?

Not me.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

LongDarkNight posted:

Thanks for the suggestion, this Slayer seems easy.

Looks like a good choice. Do not get vaal pact until you have the slayer over leech.

e - and dont worry about specific uniques when starting. Belly of the Beast is very popular so it wont be cheap. Just any armor or armor/evasion hybrid 5 link to start with life and resists.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 2, 2018

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
i still can't decide on my build

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

same

all these new skills and I'm probably just going essence drain again

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Spectral Shield Throw got added to PoB and the damage seems really bad. Anyone able to get numbers for bosses?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Earthquake Jugg

Soothing Vapors posted:

same

all these new skills and I'm probably just going essence drain again

Glacial Hammer Inquisitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Welcome to the login queue, hopefully I can figure out a good name in the next 15 minutes.

e. nvm I got one