Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Your Computer posted:

Thanks, it actually sounds kinda interesting. Considering how little I've heard of it I kinda expected it to be more of a shovelware thing with the FF brand like the mobile games but I guess it's actually a proper game then?
As someone who hasn't played it (waiting on a steam sale), it is absolutely a legit FF-side-game like Tactics and not a lovely shovelware mobage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm 100% serious dude what the gently caress. are you aware that for a number of people, including myself, FF15's release date is this:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
You should really avoid this thread since it's full of spoilers for every FF not released on PC. Use the PC FFXV thread.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Your Computer posted:

Thanks, it actually sounds kinda interesting. Considering how little I've heard of it I kinda expected it to be more of a shovelware thing with the FF brand like the mobile games but I guess it's actually a proper game then?

Also thanks for adding that disclaimer at the end there, that might be a dealbreaker with my lovely eyes :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS11yrssBik

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The White Dragon posted:

i'm 100% serious dude what the gently caress. are you aware that for a number of people, including myself, FF15's release date is this:

And most people played it a year and a half ago. Don't read a Final Fantasy thread if you don't want spoilers.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

seiferguy posted:

And most people played it a year and a half ago. Don't read a Final Fantasy thread if you don't want spoilers.

that's really stupid

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There have been unmarked XV spoilers in here forever, so maybe people should have made a big deal about it all year instead of just this past few weeks.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Like I get that it's a spoiler. But is it really a spoiler? I thought we all knew she was dead as a door nail as soon as they announced the game opens with you on a road trip to go marry her just because that's how plot works.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

zedprime posted:

Like I get that it's a spoiler. But is it really a spoiler? I thought we all knew she was dead as a door nail as soon as they announced the game opens with you on a road trip to go marry her just because that's how plot works.

No, actually, not every plot that starts with someone getting married results in the fiance dying halfway through the story while dressed in their wedding outfit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And I'm not tryna be a bitch or anything, but I've never seen a complaint about unmarked XV spoilers til this past couple weeks or so. So it just seems odd!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's rude to knowingly post spoilers in the presence of somebody who just said they hadn't played the thing and intended to.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

No, actually, not every plot that starts with someone getting married results in the fiance dying halfway through the story while dressed in their wedding outfit.

Yeah, sometimes they die after the wedding, like in XII.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Bongo Bill posted:

It's rude to knowingly post spoilers in the presence of somebody who just said they hadn't played the thing and intended to.

this is how i feel about it
if previous players didn't mind, cool. the ones that wanna play now do, so

Vinchenz
Jul 13, 2012

But trust me, I know that I'm the worst bastard here.

esperterra posted:

And I'm not tryna be a bitch or anything, but I've never seen a complaint about unmarked XV spoilers til this past couple weeks or so. So it just seems odd!
It's because the PC version is releasing soon.

I don't have a PS4 so I avoided this thread when XV first came out. I like this thread for the general FF chat but it feels pretty lovely to run into spoilers for a FF game I haven't been able to play yet.

Which is my fault for not being more careful, I guess...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

zedprime posted:

Hey

She could've been secretly evil too.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Steam sale friendly reminder: For Final Fantasy 3, the lovely mobile interface can be modded out.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy3/mods/1

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 2, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
I don't remember ff3 being too bad, except the final dungeon. I should pick it up and try that mod out.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 2, 2018

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Varance posted:

Steam sale friendly reminder: For Final Fantasy 3, the lovely mobile interface can be modded out.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy3/mods/1

I just noticed this sale, too. I went to see how much FFVIII cost on Steam and was delighted to see the sale. It is worth $6. Even as one of the people who never misses a chance to poo poo on the game...I still like it quite a lot. I think my anger is more just irritation at the wasted potential. FFVIII could have been much better than it was.

The creator of FF 7 New Threat is working on his mod for FF 8 and said that a playable Alpha will be released to the public soon-ish. I got FFVIIIPC just for that. If anyone can make FFVIII fun and interesting, it's him. I am so excited for it.

But thanks for reminding me of this. Snatching it up. I'll try out this mod, too.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone been successful in modding FF4 Steam? Would really love it if they modded it so that it played like every other FF4 release and had none of the bullshit changes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fair enough re: spoilers. I have no issue tagging stuff if people object, I'm just surprised posters active in the thread haven't already run across the whole plot for XV by now.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
FF15 is "the real final fantasy is the friends you made along the way" so I just find it really hard to self filter plot beats because they are so inconsequential to the (absolutely amazing and touching) theme of bros.

The two most important points haven't been spoiled lately and they are Cid's speech about duty supporting friendships instead of the other way around is the cornerstone of every worthwhile experience in the game, and the picture thing at the end of the game. Everyone who's not a robot will have an emotional response to that picture thing. I'm counting the people who give Noctis a picture of Cindy's boobs and laughing their rear end off as just important of an emotional response as people picking from their well cultivated bro photo album.

Compared to those any plot beat being spoiled is just kind of just arbitrary story filler.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

zedprime posted:

FF15 is "the real final fantasy is the friends you made along the way" so I just find it really hard to self filter plot beats because they are so inconsequential to the (absolutely amazing and touching) theme of bros.

The two most important points haven't been spoiled lately and they are Cid's speech about duty supporting friendships instead of the other way around is the cornerstone of every worthwhile experience in the game, and the picture thing at the end of the game. Everyone who's not a robot will have an emotional response to that picture thing. I'm counting the people who give Noctis a picture of Cindy's boobs and laughing their rear end off as just important of an emotional response as people picking from their well cultivated bro photo album.

Compared to those any plot beat being spoiled is just kind of just arbitrary story filler.

lol if you didn’t pick a selfie of prompto being a goof ball on a chocobo

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I wouldve been perfectly ok with FFXVs badly paced narrative if the sidequests were more varied and actually involved some cool little stories other than MIND HUNTING SOME TAGS?

Some quests do involve funny banter so I guess theres that?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its weird too because its hard to determine what the rewards for sidequest chains will be. Like the frog one is inexplicably great while the Chocobo one is completely frontloaded.

So many goddamn boring hunts. And I did them all.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

Like the frog one is inexplicably great while the Chocobo one is completely frontloaded.

The true reward of the chocobo quests is getting to look at that perfect precious baby chocobo whenever you want.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

jaclynhyde posted:

The true reward of the chocobo quests is getting to look at that perfect precious baby chocobo whenever you want.

I want to ride my chocobo all day dammit. Mine!!!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I stopped doing hunts after getting the horns for the ultima blade. I never found chocobo races. A shameful gamer

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I stopped doing hunts after getting the horns for the ultima blade. I never found chocobo races. A shameful gamer

They didnt even have a meta reward tied to them so there was no reason to engage with it. Like “get motherfuckin lost as hell on foot for gladio’s sick pleasure” was at least worth something

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Coming soon, the cup noodle expansion. Now every hunt is tied to a reward cup noodle recipe that let's you cook what you just hunted with your cup noodle for exponential amounts of delicious treats.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

zedprime posted:

Coming soon, the cup noodle expansion. Now every hunt is tied to a reward cup noodle recipe that let's you cook what you just hunted with your cup noodle for exponential amounts of delicious treats.

I've heard there's been serious issues in the beta as none of the testers can seem to find the perfect balance of meat, egg, and shrimp.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

I want to ride my chocobo all day dammit. Mine!!!

At the C H O C O B O R O D E O

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Barudak posted:

Give me the entire story

Still need to add spoiler tags to this post

Edit: or don’t loving bother since it just got quoted in full :argh:

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 2, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Barudak posted:

Give me the entire story, but its told about Luna and her 3 girlfriends going on a roadtrip and we finally get to see what Noctis's wedding suit would have looked like right before he dies midway through the game

Noctis can die all he wants, but we all know Jared's death will still have the most impact.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

lol if you didn’t pick a selfie of prompto being a goof ball on a chocobo

I picked a photo of my good buddy arden

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

I picked a photo of my good buddy arden

Pick the shot of Noct and Gladio’s sister clearly hitting it off

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
After playing the FFXV demo, I have two questions that will determine if I buy it sooner or later.

1. Is there a time limit factor? I haven't heard anything so I assume no, but it was tracking how many days passed in game.

2. Do you unlock more car music? The basic is meh, and the selections from I and VII are boring.d

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My picture was of Gentiana, who is the Glacian Shiva, and star of the FFXV PC Benchmark

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nasgate posted:

After playing the FFXV demo, I have two questions that will determine if I buy it sooner or later.

1. Is there a time limit factor? I haven't heard anything so I assume no, but it was tracking how many days passed in game.

2. Do you unlock more car music? The basic is meh, and the selections from I and VII are boring.d

No, yes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nasgate posted:

There is no time limit. You can buy albums of other ff soundtracks or whatever from shopkeepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Nasgate posted:

No, but the game does manage to pull off one of the most subtle 'things are getting worse and crawling towards armageddon' atmospheres by having the days get noticeably shorter and shorter as you progress through chapters, but not smacking you in the face with it.

quote:

Yes, they're generally available for sale at random shops around the planet, for a token amount of gil.