Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I bought the broody anime Kayn. What's the trick to him? Just put on Linkin Park and attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

duck trucker posted:

I bought the broody anime Kayn. What's the trick to him? Just put on Linkin Park and attack?
also foo fighters

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Endorph posted:

also foo fighters
When has Dave Grohl ever been broody or emo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

When has Dave Grohl ever been broody or emo
no i just meant there were a ton of naruto amvs that used foo fighters

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

duck trucker posted:

He's pretty straightforward to play mechanically, just remember that your Q damage is split between the dash and the slash, and you can W from inside walls. More of a farm/scaling jungler though you do need to gank enough to activate your transform which is a major power spike. Don't be impatient, wait the 4 minutes if you get the 'wrong' transform for the game situation unless the game is quickly slipping out of reach and you think you need the power spike immediately. Black cleaver is core on red kayn but not good on blue since blue form's bonus damage is magic, so you kinda have to lock in which one you're going for by the time you start your 2nd item. If you get to his late game you become some sort of unholy hybrid of all the shitlord ninja/samurai champs and can just dash around murdering people and escaping through walls, it's fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also your clear is so fast you want to be invading and getting all up in the opposing jungler's business as soon as possible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blue kayn is full assassin and red kayn is bruiser, right

i came back long after he was added and ive seen him like twice in my games, both times on my team, so i havent exactly gotten up to speed on how that gimmick works

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Endorph posted:

blue kayn is full assassin and red kayn is bruiser, right

Pretty much

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also Blue Kayn is dogshit unless there's basically zero armor on the other team.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

njsykora posted:

Also Blue Kayn is dogshit unless there's basically zero armor on the other team.

He's good as long as he has a few good choice targets to murder. He takes single target assassination to the extreme. He's only bad if the enemy team has a bunch of tanks/bruisers and good CC to protect their VIP damage dealers.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

So after 20 garen games I decided to try support (I picked top somewhat randomly and wanted to try each role for a while before settling and now seems as good a time as any).

Played Janna in a normal and I like this playstyle. I'm way to aggressive though and got a bit overwhelmed on everything. Is there any support 101 soloreneckton style streamers for support?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Make sure you learn what to do with Kayn in the early game so you don't just end up 0/5/0 feeding your buffs and giving up your camps, his Q is the ultimate raptor murderer, consider starting raptors as him and drilling into your head the respawn timer of the enemy raptor camp, you have a lot of escape options so just recognize the kind of damage potential the enemy has if your going to blow your wallhacks to engage so you don't end up getting splatted with no way to get out.

Red kayn is best kayn, but mostly for melting tank teams and peeling with the low cd knockup, blue kayn is for killing any squishy that leaves their tower on a glass cannon team.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

So after 20 garen games I decided to try support (I picked top somewhat randomly and wanted to try each role for a while before settling and now seems as good a time as any).

Played Janna in a normal and I like this playstyle. I'm way to aggressive though and got a bit overwhelmed on everything. Is there any support 101 soloreneckton style streamers for support?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHvzZy1YZA

all you need to know

strong bird
May 12, 2009

yeah

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Well I'm hard

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Is there any support 101 soloreneckton style streamers for support?

Lohpally has very short laning phase guides that are pretty good, but I think MeNoHaxor has the best full game reviews (and he's playing in challenger versus people of a similar skill rather than smurfing so they tend to be less one sided than SRO).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

You're already doing at least one part right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsTE1vpoXM

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Also don't forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePQvqw3Yj8s

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://youtu.be/2Jp5IZYyma4

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://plays.tv/video/5a9a2ea98e9dd7a09b/-

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Support is the easiest role in the game, especially with how retarded good the income items are. I basically just constantly harass the enemy down and then go in for a kill. If your ADC player is a pussy this is a good way to feed though.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Support is the easiest role in the game, especially with how retarded good the income items are. I basically just constantly harass the enemy down and then go in for a kill. If your ADC player is a pussy this is a good way to feed though.

Out of interest what's the hardest in the threads opinion

In top I found I either destroy all before me or exist as the maps bitch. Small mistakes get out of hand quickly. What about the other roles?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Jungle psychologically has to be the hardest role, because the second someone takes a little too much poke you get constant OMG GANK PLZ and ping spam, then when your top lane zed is 0/8 they spam surrender votes and be all "better jungle wins" in allchat.

Meanwhile, support never takes the blame for anything.

I main support. I am not a strong person.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jungler without question. Also I love playing against super aggro supports because you will do something dumb eventually chasing a kill. Or just not control vision so your teammates get caught out constantly.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Boxman posted:

Jungle psychologically has to be the hardest role, because the second someone takes a little too much poke you get constant OMG GANK PLZ and ping spam, then when your top lane zed is 0/8 they spam surrender votes and be all "better jungle wins" in allchat.

Meanwhile, support never takes the blame for anything.

I main support. I am not a strong person.

Hands down the worst part about being a jungler. I'm not sure what role is the hardest mechanically (it seems like lanes have to be aware of just as much, if not more, than a jungler does), but I agree from the psychological aspect. It's extremely frustrating to get blamed by a laner that feeds their rear end off.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I love it when someone in a lane tilts because you took a creep or two at any point in the game. "You just got a kill, leave the creeps" as you're both shoving the lane to towers :jerkbag:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id say bot is the hardest laning role just because even if you do incredibly well you can still get jumped on if you're out of position, and a lot of the laning phase depends on your support. on the other hand, you can get super carried by a decent support, but every other lane can get carried by a decent jungler.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
jungle is the hardest and it's not close

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Out of interest what's the hardest in the threads opinion

In top I found I either destroy all before me or exist as the maps bitch. Small mistakes get out of hand quickly. What about the other roles?

marksman, in my eyes -- i actually find jungling the easiest role, mostly due to practice but i find it very relaxing. marksman has you playing in a role where you are under attack by 2 threats at all times, with 2 other people on the enemy team wanting to frequently run down and kill you. you are required to poke, trade, and harass, all while building as a glass cannon against another glass cannon competing in a 10 minute arms race to kill the other one in as short a time as possible. from there, you transition into being the most hunted person on the map and the only person that is explicitly required to find money.

then, in the late game, if you die, there is a 33% chance you immediately lose the game as a direct consequence.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Your 4/12 Riven at 55 minutes while the enemy team is pushing throne "GG Jinx got caught zz"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

Your 4/12 Riven at 55 minutes while the enemy team is pushing throne "GG Jinx got caught zz"

shes right

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

shes right

People that say are ignoring every decision that led to that game making it to 55 minutes

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

People that say are ignoring every decision that led to that game making it to 55 minutes

while that is true, to an extent, the fact of the matter is as games go on the marksman role has a disproportionately high amount of importance in being able to contest objectives. the obvious way to counteract this is to end games earlier, but that does not always work

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

trying to figure out the lanes here was a real challenge

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

jungle is the hardest and it's not close

I think this is pretty much 100% true. Jungle's probably my 2nd or 3rd most played role after support and I feel like there's so much poo poo to do wrong versus Marksman or whatever.

I also think of Top as maybe the most knowledge-dependent; i.e., you get punished for messing up lane control, not knowing your matchup/all-in timings, and not having good awareness of jungle pathing way more than other roles. If you mess up, you're stuck on an island with someone who's just beating the poo poo out of you with a long lane to deal with and no support to save you.

Probably part of this is that I just haven't played the role as much as the others, but I definitely feel like it's a lot easier to jump onto whatever marksman/support/mid and be at least decent than it is to try and figure out what the hell's going on top.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Radical posted:

trying to figure out the lanes here was a real challenge

I'm going with

Lee top
Shaco Jg
NunuWillump Mid
Quinn Nami bot

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I like playing support because if you get caught out in a dumbass position you can just say, "drat got caught out warding haha bad luck" and the rest of the team will most of the time just nod their heads and be like, "drat those bastards on the other team where is their honor."

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Jungle is absolutely the hardest role to me, I played it for a couple years and then the moment I gave up and switched to top lane i started climbing fast and ended up a full ranked tier higher. It was like taking the weights off, not having to pay attention to the entire map at all times.

I find top the easiest because it's closer to having heuristics you can follow for macro play, teleport is OP for mitigating your mistakes, and most top champs don't demand as good positioning or mechanics as mid or ADC.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
This is apropos of absolutely nothing but I keep thinking about one of the zoe nerfs this patch namely her getting a partial reset on her bubble whenever she slept someone, and the more I think about it the more I lose my mind at how nonsensical and obviously awful that passive was in the first place

Like a burst mage's catch ability having a (partial) reset is obviously silly for reasons that I'm sure I don't need to explain to all of you, but like look at other burst mages in the game, even ones that have been around in mostly the same state for ages. Lux, Veigar, Ahri, Brand etc all have high cooldown, usually-single-target catch abilities, it's a time tested and established way to keep burst mages strong in the way they're supposed to be strong. It's been a thing in the game for years.

So why did Zoe's just

have a reset

that triggers when you land it in any way

Monicro fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Because Certainly T figured out that his champs are harder to nerf if they have power in bizarre secondary passives instead of just in numbers or their actual abilities years ago The Shrugging ASCII Man