Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
https://twitter.com/mrmattjay/status/967161161916473344

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

n8r posted:

The Ike's founder guy mentioning he worked really hard for EIGHT WHOLE MONTHS made me chuckle in how out of touch it sounded. That whole segment was a big record scratch - which isn't the worst thing in the world.

There’s a guy who’s really out of touch with how small businesses work and it’s not Ike.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it Mitch

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Unmature posted:

Is eight months with presumably very little to no pay working on a passion project that could totally fail not a long time to you?

Most independent American businesses lose money for at least the 1st two year then struggle for a few more so 8 months is a relatively short time, but good for him.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
*voice of a guy who listens to a podcast about hamburgers* I too think that guy should have been poor for longer

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

little munchkin posted:

*voice of a guy who listens to a podcast about hamburgers* I too think that guy should have been poor for longer

Yeah, I might have a different perspective as a failed restaurant owner, but you guys are being really loving weird...

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ike’s is far too expensive for what it is and it is maybe the only sandwich I’ve ever had that has given me the “rumblies.”

The ratings inflation on doughboys for these smaller chains is proof that they have sold out.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

Yeah, I might have a different perspective as a failed restaurant owner, but you guys are being really loving weird...

yeah I see this all over the internet now it's weird. someone took on a bunch of debt to pursue a life-consuming passion project that happened to pay out instead of making them more broke than they were before? gently caress em because uh capiitalisms bad and uh survivorship bias

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

King Hong Kong posted:

Ike’s is far too expensive for what it is and it is maybe the only sandwich I’ve ever had that has given me the “rumblies.”

The ratings inflation on doughboys for these smaller chains is proof that they have sold out.

The Doughboys can't be bought.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Ike's prices are a problem. I know that because I've eaten there twice this week.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/968915002592653312

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Wiger is attempting to kill Mitch, and the Doughboys is his weapon.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

On the plus side, Claudia O’Doherty is the guest

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

Wiger is attempting to kill Mitch, and the Doughboys is his weapon.

"We're friends, we're friends" I insist as I kick my partner down the big set of stairs labeled 'heart attack'.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Very excited for Mitch to vote Papa John's into the finals.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
pupa johns

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"Puppa Juhn's: guud pizza, greater politics." - Mitchy Two Spoons, March 1, 2018

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So cici's definitely wins this, right? No questions?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Grapplejack posted:

So cici's definitely wins this, right? No questions?

gatti's

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They're going all out on needlessly complicated rating systems this time around and I'm glad of it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Peak Doughboys when the guest they pick for their pizza centric Munch Madness episode admits they hate pizza.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Popete posted:

Peak Doughboys when the guest they pick for their pizza centric Munch Madness episode admits they hate pizza.

Heightened by Mitch responding incredulously, followed by Claudia saying she's told him that multiple times and he always reacts the same way

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Nick cackling in the background for Claudia's ratings was fantastic.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Claudia is the best

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Tavarin posted:

Claudia is the best

I hope she gets her own podcast at some point.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Man Claudia is funny in such a weird way. Can't put my finger on it, but she kills it.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Flew from San Francisco to Vegas and I'm still getting In-N-Out

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

In-N-Out in Vegas was a goddamn lifesaver last time I went, I swear it was the only place in need the city that hadn’t jacked up their prices by 1000%.

Then I walked to the White Castle since I had never been and man oh man, what the gently caress east US? Why is the main attribute of White Castle burgers sogginess?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Tavarin posted:

Claudia is the best

God yes. She needs to be on more often.

I had to roll my eyes at this:

Claudia: "What's your favorite pizza in the whole world?"
Mitch: "[some place] in Boston" (because of course it's in Boston)
Claduia: "What do you like so much about it?"
Mitch: "It's so good!"
Claudia: "Uh huh...."
Mitch: "Ummm... brick oven.... uh... it's just the best!"

The world's most inarticulate man, Mitchy Two Spoons.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

caligulamprey posted:

Then I walked to the White Castle since I had never been and man oh man, what the gently caress east US? Why is the main attribute of White Castle burgers sogginess?

I had White Castle for the first time last year; I thought it was really good but was also slightly disappointed that they are exactly like the microwavable versions of their burgers sold in the frozen food aisle, squishy buns and all. Just zap those things for a minute fifteen, find the dirtiest place imaginable to eat them at 1AM, and there you have it: The complete White Castle experience.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

caligulamprey posted:

They are literally steamed hams.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Claudia is a great guest because she draws out Mitch's awkwardness by being his TV girlfriend while also drawing out his awkwardness by deadpanning him.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Mitchy 2Spoons is on Nicole Byer's podcast today.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

FitFortDanga posted:

God yes. She needs to be on more often.

I had to roll my eyes at this:

Claudia: "What's your favorite pizza in the whole world?"
Mitch: "[some place] in Boston" (because of course it's in Boston)
Claduia: "What do you like so much about it?"
Mitch: "It's so good!"
Claudia: "Uh huh...."
Mitch: "Ummm... brick oven.... uh... it's just the best!"

The world's most inarticulate man, Mitchy Two Spoons.

Wait I missed this, does anyone know what he said? The best pizza I ever had in my life was in Boston and I think I heard him mention the place before. I think it's Santarpio's.

Unmature fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 2, 2018

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Unmature posted:

Wait I missed this, does anyone know what he said? The best pizza I ever had in my life was in Boston and I think I heard him mention the place before. I think it's Santarpio's.

No, it’s Regina’s which pretty much tells you all you need to know about Mitchy Two Spoons.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

Mitchy 2Spoons is on Nicole Byer's podcast today.

And the commish is on Podcast the Ride!

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The fact they’re using the engineer from My Favourite Murder in this latest episode is interesting.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Kind of a hint of where the podcast is headed... probably indicates that they're going to murder each other while yelling "WE ARE FRIENDS. ITS FINE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on today's double, mitch brings up and attempts to rationalize his constant use of postmates as anything other than pure laziness. he flubs around and there is no following introspection.