Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

moist turtleneck posted:

Heath is probably gonna have an appearance this half season

Yeah, you don't remember when Tara went looking for him and she found a clue? (:wtc: was that thing anyway and were we supposed to understand what happened?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

peters pack of penises key card

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hasselblad posted:

Yeah, you don't remember when Tara went looking for him and she found a clue? (:wtc: was that thing anyway and were we supposed to understand what happened?)

moist turtleneck posted:

peters pack of penises key card

you've gotta be kidding me

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Johnny Truant posted:

you've gotta be kidding me

Well you can clearly see the rut a tire made as the tire was traveling through the dirt, and the keycard with PPP is clearly something something ~reasons~ *fartz*

I think it boiled down to nobody really caring what happened to male/nerd/mischone

By the by, she is holding the card upside down. The card clearly says "ddd" for dirt ditch dildoes.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 27, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Some super sperg on reddit said it was Potomac Power Plant (Savior City) but since we never saw him there who knows

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

He tried to escape to a potentially better show.

He didn’t make it.

E: but personally I like it better if he just never showed up again. That seems more likely to happen in an apocalypse.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

Some super sperg on reddit said it was Potomac Power Plant (Savior City) but since we never saw him there who knows

Well how would he have gotten in without the keycard, smart guy? :colbert:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Johnny Truant posted:

this entire season has been dubbed all out war and the finale is only when it actually happens, and it'll probably be a cliffhanger to allow for next season to open with ~×∆•all out war•∆×~

yeah that's on par for TWD

The wars have no weight and make no sense anyway. It has been an astounding achievement to turn what is supposed to be the 'largest most dramatic' war into a barely discernible mess with basically no consequences that can't be undone effortlessly next episode. The show is basically poo poo writing and even shittier show running. Even with budget/location limitations you can at least make events logically consistent and meaningful if they are actually thought out.

Like even hatewatching this show is joyless, as outside of the PS1 graphics road rage segment, very little is even amusing. The last episode was like 50 minutes of the mopeyist hackneyed bullshit interspersed with 5 minutes of loving farmtown ninjas. I think I end up just mashing the 30 seconds forward thing on the control far past the commercials, because it is really loving unlikely I will miss anything of value anyway.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/j7YxEMz.gifv

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My dad, who is not much of a WD follower (seriously, during season 6, he asked ‘Where’s Hershel?’ even though we had watched the ep where he got his head chopped off two seasons previously together. I just said ‘Hershel’s fine, Dad’)

Even HE said the MSP was garbage. ‘Hell, Carl was dying for about two hours, and with Carol and Morgan, how many times are they gonna flip and flop between being tired of killing and killing everyone?!’

His main complaint that resonated with me: ‘why did everyone need to repeat themselves several times?!’ Dad had a point; Carl said ‘I got bit’ twice in his opening monologue; sad, resigned savior told Ezekiel they had to kill him twice in one of their co-monologues.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah my partner watched the beginning of the ep with me, passed out until the end, woke up and went "Carl is STILL monologuing??" then she passed out again before he was finished

The Monologuing Dead™

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I can't bring myself to put in the :effort: to watch an extended episode that is apparently this boring. Is there anything important to know other than that Carl actually dies if I just skip it for the next one?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
where the gently caress is the giant dip

it better come next week

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It wasn’t a huge increase over the finale. I have a feeling people tuned in to see Carl die. I think it will drop below 7 million if this second half is full of filler

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

It wasn’t a huge increase over the finale. I have a feeling people tuned in to see Carl die. I think it will drop below 7 million if this second half is full of filler

Even without filler episodes there has to be a lot of audience fatigue. Remember back when it seemed like the farm arc went on forever?

edit: In the same number of episodes we have now spent at Alexandria we had followed the group from pre-fall all the way up to being on their way to Terminus.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 28, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah my partner watched the beginning of the ep with me, passed out until the end, woke up and went "Carl is STILL monologuing??" then she passed out again before he was finished

The Monologuing Dead™

How else you gonna stretch things out, hmmm?! Gotta get that sweet sweet ad money. My boyfriend barely put up with me explaining how bad it was; even pointing out how Rick caused his son’s death.

MT, you still got that gif of S4, where they push the hobo outta the cabin, he gets torn apart and it cuts to a KFC ad?
E: Season 3 even maybe?! God it was so long ago...

Double e: The only bottle piece that was good was Bob being sad and alone, housing cough syrup; and that was like four years ago?! and that was just a pre-credit bit
What have we done with our lives?!

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 28, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't have it but youtube does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRXNce4unN8

also season 4 of z nation is on netflix now and it's still way better than WD

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

i've picked this back up recently in the second half of s03

yup, it's still awesome as gently caress

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Like, z nation, a show made by the people that make sharknado, is more entertaining overall but they also do better drama and they also know that they have to have some good comedy and action in between to break up monotony

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Like, z nation, a show made by the people that make sharknado, is more entertaining overall but they also do better drama and they also know that they have to have some good comedy and action in between to break up monotony

syfy channel has had a couple pretty killer shows lately after a pretty big dearth

Z-Nation and The Expanse are both :discourse:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't have it but youtube does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRXNce4unN8

MT, as always, you come through big time! :allears:

Also, Z-Nation, ridiculous as it is, still has some absolutely stellar moments.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Senor Tron posted:

Even without filler episodes there has to be a lot of audience fatigue. Remember back when it seemed like the farm arc went on forever?

edit: In the same number of episodes we have now spent at Alexandria we had followed the group from pre-fall all the way up to being on their way to Terminus.

this is missing that cop hospital where beth got killed

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Imagine if AMC only ordered 10 or 13 episodes seasons. The show would be at least a lot more compact and snappy. It’s apparent that is where most of the pacing issues come from. The 16 episode seasons is why we have entire side arcs like Beth in the hospital, episodes devoted to the adventures of fan favorites heath and Tara, and flashback episodes where Morgan trains in kung fu. It would also make the per episode budget higher so we could see more of the cast each episode and you know have multiple plot threads in a single episode. There have been stretches in this show where we don’t even see rick for like 3 or 4 weeks.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if all the directors that make these episodes in tandem do the Soccer-Game-At-Recess style where they just pick random actors

The lovely director gets last choice for the bottle episodes

Then the writers start writing eps based off of what teams were picked

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Where’s that from because he already killed Andrea in the book.

It was Eugene’s fault too.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

from the back of the comic two issues before Andrea got bit

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This episode had two of the biggest laughs I've had all season at least:
1: Baby Judith's ADR. Oh my God. She didn't even look upset or to understand what was happening, but when the audience was suppose to feel bad.. ADR in a 10 second loop of a kid crying (over a kid not crying) then immediately cut it off because that's how kids work
2: The kid appearing behind the one guy that three hardened combat vets were all staring at in the middle of a parking lot. That kid is like, child Solid Snake or has Harry Potter's invisibility blanket or something, clearly.

Senor Tron posted:

I can't bring myself to put in the :effort: to watch an extended episode that is apparently this boring. Is there anything important to know other than that Carl actually dies if I just skip it for the next one?

They introduce a child ninja assassin that sneak up on Carol, Morgan and Ezikeil in the middle of an open well lit parking lot parking lot while they were all starting at Gavin, who then got stealth killed

Ninjas wish they were that kid

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 2, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

I wonder if all the directors that make these episodes in tandem do the Soccer-Game-At-Recess style where they just pick random actors

The lovely director gets last choice for the bottle episodes

Then the writers start writing eps based off of what teams were picked

Fun trivia: When the show Heroes was at it's absolute lowest and crappiest point, which is to say some of the worst TV on the planet, the show runner actively encouraged writers to wreck each other's plots and to write them in a corner with no idea where they were going, according to several interviews from back in the day. I've never heard of anything like that ever happening before but holy poo poo it showed.

Walking Dead might actually be worse than Heroes at this point.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Fun trivia: When the show Heroes was at it's absolute lowest and crappiest point, which is to say some of the worst TV on the planet, the show runner actively encouraged writers to wreck each other's plots and to write them in a corner with no idea where they were going, according to several interviews from back in the day. I've never heard of anything like that ever happening before but holy poo poo it showed.

Walking Dead might actually be worse than Heroes at this point.

Sounds like The Last Jedi

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
TLJ was good though

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

TLJ was good though

Admiral Pink Hair is the only character too stupid to exist in even Walking Dead

TLJ was a movie that was fun to watch but the more you think about it the more you realize how everything about it is actually really bad.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

Admiral Pink Hair is the only character too stupid to exist in even Walking Dead

TLJ was a movie that was fun to watch but the more you think about it the more you realize how everything about it is actually really bad.

Wait, how is she stupid? She was right about everything she did/said and flipped the "incompetent leader vs. the plucky young upstart" trope upside down as it was Poe who was the idiot who thought he knew what was best for everyone.

If Holdo was in The Walking Dead, she'd constantly have the right/correct plans and then the rest of the cast would Poe it up going all rogue and get everyone killed.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Are people really still mad Admiral Holdo didn't run her plan by the men first?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Walking Dead S7 - Yet Another Star Wars Thread (YASWT)

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Christ did it take a long time for Carl to die. And Morgan/Carol was just....ridiculous.

I wish the walking dead would stop ending in cliffhangers that are "this has happened" then the next episode is just dealing with an inevitability. I want a mystery cliffhanger of some kind.

I notice we also didn't see the zombie actually bite Carl because how the gently caress did it get teeth into that position?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Taear posted:

Christ did it take a long time for Carl to die. And Morgan/Carol was just....ridiculous.

I wish the walking dead would stop ending in cliffhangers that are "this has happened" then the next episode is just dealing with an inevitability. I want a mystery cliffhanger of some kind.

I notice we also didn't see the zombie actually bite Carl because how the gently caress did it get teeth into that position?

Some eagle-eyed people with too much time on their hands, speculated the bite came from a zombie crawling in from the side when Carl was pinned by a different one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GWcWnpJtuMc

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

It was likely the same zombie that overpowered Cutty.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

2: The kid appearing behind the one guy that three hardened combat vets were all staring at in the middle of a parking lot. That kid is like, child Solid Snake or has Harry Potter's invisibility blanket or something, clearly.

I'm going to give the writers credit for that one and assume they planned for that scene to be hilarious and as a joke for the all 'they always argue about weather or not they should kill people' complaints.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

So aside from canning the old FTWD showrunner, they apparently got rid of all the writers from last season too. You know, the ones that they just brought in last season who made it a watchable and compelling show.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Taear posted:

Well, there's a working helicopter somewhere nearby.