Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Will everything be wiped when the beta is done on launch, or will it carry over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

*A towering mountain of flesh and armor, his rictus grin visible through a rusted helm, unleashes a horrific salsa beat in the midst of combat, severely-wounding the witch-hunter with a searing Latin heat*
They really need to lean into "Nurgle" more for the chaos designs. As is they're fairly visually boring.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Penpal posted:

Will everything be wiped when the beta is done on launch, or will it carry over?

Supposed to carry over but there's a small chance that they might have to reset.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ravenfood posted:

They really need to lean into "Nurgle" more for the chaos designs. As is they're fairly visually boring.
I'm really hoping Total Warhammer 3 has a Nurgle army that captures the joyous character of the plague god and his minions.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Ravenfood posted:

They're really missing out by not taking a page from Resident Evil and giving chaos mooks a chance to wig out and mutate into something more dangerous once you 'kill' them.

And the leech/blightstormer need to be more distinct from each other. One of them really ought to encompass the "malnourished plague victim with a bloated stomach" asthetic.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I'm really hoping Total Warhammer 3 has a Nurgle army that captures the joyous character of the plague god and his minions.

I'm caught somewhere between horror and amusement listening to the Blightstormer rave about how great it is to feel the "kiss of pestilence upon your cheek" while it sounds like his lungs are bubbling up liquid.

Also: Warhammer + Blunderbuss on Huntsman is insanely fun to me

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is the fact of life right here.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Unchained is real fuckin' bad.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Here I was all pumped to come into the thread with a story about a Kruber who on easy got a staggering 50 total kills on nurglemap and then a buddy tells me about a BW that was with them for the entire run and got 4 kills total lmao

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

more unintuitive and gear/level dependent than bad honestly

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

huh i had no idea the khemri were a warhammer fantasy thing beyond a bloodbowl team

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ChickenHeart posted:

They're really missing out by not taking a page from Resident Evil and giving chaos mooks a chance to wig out and mutate into something more dangerous once you 'kill' them.

I would love/hate it if the giant chaos spawn hellbeast spawned out of a chaos cultist upon his death. Smash the dude's face in and watch him explode into this fleshbeast.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

huh i had no idea the khemri were a warhammer fantasy thing beyond a bloodbowl team

Fatshark, please add an ancient Egyptian mummy who does nothing but make bone jokes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cowcaster posted:

Huh I had no idea the khemri were a warhammer fantasy thing beyond a bloodbowl team

They are and they kick rear end.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Willie Tomg posted:

It's still only one act's worth of 3 maps, just FYI. There were two more playable maps in the beta but I guess they want to test out intrinsic act progression or something.

3 maps seems ok to start with. Gonna need to gather insane amounts of lewt off the bat, so I'm guessing there's a new horn of magnus equivalent we'll be running back to back. I'm sold.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mr. Pickles posted:

3 maps seems ok to start with. Gonna need to gather insane amounts of lewt off the bat, so I'm guessing there's a new horn of magnus equivalent we'll be running back to back. I'm sold.

The game now gives a pretty good bonus to the loot roll at the end for playing random maps. No more running one single level ad nauseum.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

Fatshark, please add an ancient Egyptian mummy who does nothing but make bone jokes.

my friends are starting a new blood bowl 2 league because it was on sale a week or so ago and i literally just rolled this team before i read your reply and i'm feeling personally attacked
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1318399249

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I would love/hate it if the giant chaos spawn hellbeast spawned out of a chaos cultist upon his death. Smash the dude's face in and watch him explode into this fleshbeast.

This would be completely amazing, I'd love it. This, a different silhouette for either the leech or blightstormer, and maybe some more Nurgle-y mutations etc for the Chosen and berserkers, in that order of importance, would be my biggest "big changes" for the game while balance tweaks and so forth continue.

E: the sound design for the new Chaos specials are pretty great though, I'll give them that.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well, I just found a bugged trinket. It gives 38% reduction for skaven but it says the range is 50 to 10.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Yeah, must be a typo. Supposed to be 5-10%.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Yesssssss

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Also if you're holed up in a hallway and a horde is coming from only one side, please don't join your team in hacking at the crowd. Three people blending enemies won't be helped much by you jumping into the fray, but you'll definitely help your team out when the second horde comes down the other hallway. At some point, you have to trust your team to watch your back, and the same goes for covering theirs. There have been so many times where we've been in a building with 3-ish main entrances and I'll be happily holding down my window or door or whatever when suddenly I start getting hit in the back because someone got bored at their door and came over to "help" and now I'm completely surrounded.

This seems even more important in the new game because enemy AI, including for chaos who seem to fight literally identically to skaven in my experience, go to outright ridiculous lengths to spawn and get behind you

Last night we were standing next to the second(?) tome on the barf tree level, where you have to drop onto a small platform against the outer wall. A chaos horde spawned below us, all technically capable of just climbing up in front of us, but it was almost comical how many different insanely convoluted routes they took just to have about 1/2 of them drop behind us in three very slightly different places--jumping up, jumping back down, jumping up again, taking four times as long to get to us as the ones who just climbed up the front like you'd expect

So I think there is AI to deliberately make these situations happen all the time, and if there's no rats coming from your direction during the horde you only have to wait three seconds before there will be

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 3, 2018

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'm not finding it too bad, you should read the passive as "50% damage reduction" just don't go to 99% overcharge and have a slave hit you in the back, unchained does have a issue with getting surrounded while the ult is down but so does everyone, also noticed due to the description that high overcharge slows your attack speed which the unchained skips, I guess they explain it at some point in vermintide 1 but don't mention it anywhere in 2.

One thing I hope they change by the end of the beta for the unchained, if I'm about to explode and down myself my ultimate that clears all overcharge should be able to prevent me from exploding if I use it in time.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
just had a game with flamethrower grandma and flamethrower midget and the other two players were like "holy poo poo" when we'd both cut loose on a horde of rats. bet it smelled real bad too.

Ravenfood posted:

agree, they're not nearly gross looking as they need to be. I mean where are the exposed entrails, the running sores?

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 3, 2018

Aug 2, 2000

Co-worker: You look like you're barely staying awake. I thought you had the day off yesterday?
Me: It was very important that I smash ratmen until 3AM.

*He, a Games Workshop fan, nods sagely*

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If I just bought in on Steam, which version should I download to start playing? Closed Test or Regular version?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If I just bought in on Steam, which version should I download to start playing? Closed Test or Regular version?

Closed test is now closed, likely permanently. Try the crisp, clean taste of regular.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
So, what should I do with repeaters for Kruber? They don't seem that good for Huntsman since the blunderbuss is hilariously good and the rifle/blunderbuss both function well for Mercenary. I assume the rapid fire is good for clearing hordes of slave/clan rats and zombies, but even then, why not just use the shotgun?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Got an orange necklace with health regens over time and I can't use healing items. It's pretty nuts. Take some dmg and then get some kills for the lvl 20 talent for temp health on kill and if I play it safe I just heal all the way up.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 3, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Anyone notice that the Lifeleeches do a big chunk of damage just by teleporting next to players now, which they always do?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Is there a difference between DX11 and DX12 setting in the launcher? Visually or performance wise?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Skypie posted:

So, what should I do with repeaters for Kruber? They don't seem that good for Huntsman since the blunderbuss is hilariously good and the rifle/blunderbuss both function well for Mercenary. I assume the rapid fire is good for clearing hordes of slave/clan rats and zombies, but even then, why not just use the shotgun?

The shotgun feels really awkward to use. The pattern it rolls through makes it incredibly difficult for me to consistently land headshots at med-long for some reason, even with the -25% spread perk. I'm considering going with the repeater purely for the ability to consistently land headshots and then the burst to unload on bosses.

E:
I guess it's also possible that my powerlevel is just too low to really see the benefit of the boomstick, like tons of punchthrough, etc. Actually, can each pellet proc the passive +ammo, or is that per-shot?

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 3, 2018

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
also shoutout to fatshark's sound team, i am #teammace now

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

sushibandit posted:

The shotgun feels really awkward to use. The pattern it rolls through makes it incredibly difficult for me to consistently land headshots at med-long for some reason, even with the -25% spread perk. I'm considering going with the repeater purely for the ability to consistently land headshots and then the burst to unload on bosses.

I agree the long distance aiming feels funky. I guess the repeater just feels awkward but maybe I'll give it a shot (puns lol) and see if I end up liking it more

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Need a Greater Unclean One boss that groans about how much Papa Nurgle loves you as he hugs and infects you with 15 different flesh-eating bacteria.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is the funniest poo poo to have on the team

Just keep assholes from hitting him in the back and he'll melt everything else

Lunethex posted:

Anyone notice that the Lifeleeches do a big chunk of damage just by teleporting next to players now, which they always do?

yep

Instant stormvermin shoves have also damaged me with no warning, in addition to the chaos warrior instant elbow hit which actually does a lot of damage, and I don't know how to actually dodge troll spit/see it coming if you're at all in range of it. None of those have hit me when I'm at 1 white health yet but it sounds frustrating as gently caress to get downed by that. They have a lot to do on making damage be more avoidable but it's feeling like you're just supposed to brute force these things with bigger numbers and/or bloodlust, based on what I'm hearing

Aug 2, 2000

Holy poo poo this game has a pretty healthy population and it's still only pre-order beta.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Digirat posted:

This is the funniest poo poo to have on the team

I usually lead ranged kills in every game clearing all the hordes. Its fun as poo poo and ironbreaker is a tanky fucker with ignoring a hit every 13s, the ability to tank anything with his active, and capping off your health with a temp health buffer every horde. I really hope people don't see how good it is and get him nerfed.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Holy poo poo this game has a pretty healthy population and it's still only pre-order beta.

I've never had to wait more than a minute or so for quick play and only encountered the message about my character already being selected once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Now that I'm in champion queuing is kind of bad, but before that it was excellent.

• Locked thread