Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Muppets On PCP posted:

don't forget his sickass patent

Funny thing about patents is that the patent office is the one that does the artwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I wonder why Eddie’s TapFlap never took off.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Because it rests on your nads? :iiam:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
eddie's nuts are really high up on his torso

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it was the 80s, cocaine made everyone's body proportions weird

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I can't find the youtube video of him using it on tour at the moment but yes this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-90SPx6Xfwo&t=4328s

Middle of the guitar solo, 1:12:00 in if the timestamp gets screwy.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

^ Pro click.

How about some awesome music poo poo?

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I have a friend who loves to Hetfield this song at karaoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsRlgxJ7qO4

There's also Beatallica's entire catalog for gratutious Hetfielding

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Jr. posted:

An ergonomic dreamboat

Bo Diddley fan?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Bo Diddley fan?

Bo Diddley rules and his guitar is cool.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

There's also Beatallica's entire catalog for gratutious Hetfielding

I'm convinced Jaymz is actually Hetfield, they're just covering up so they can have their silly side project in peace.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i'm not kidding that i'm looking forward to his inevitable country career once metallica calls it quits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIFeJU2HPmo

also lol he's a better drummer than lars

I am... incredibly fine with this.

Hetfield is the talented one in Metallica

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/02/28/gibson-guitar-vulture-acquisition/

As Gibson Guitar girds towards default and potential bankruptcy, some interesting acquisition possibilities are emerging. That includes a Chinese investment consortium that is looking for strategic opportunities in instrument manufacturing, according to multiple sources speaking with Digital Music News this week.

An advisor to the investment consortium briefly stated that the investment group does not want to be identified, and is ‘considering many different investments at this time’. Gibson is one of those options, though no further details were disclosed.

Another source stressed that the consortium is strategizing a possible buyout in the next few months, specifically the July/August timeframe. That timing will help to ensure the lowest, most distressed ‘fire-sale’ price point, based on the due dates for multiple loan tranches.

Importantly, Gibson Guitar faces massive debt repayments at the end of July and into early August of this year, with nearly $525 million potentially thrown into default.

Just recently, a majority of Gibson’s creditors attempted to forge a deal that would effectively sideline owner/CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, and hand majority control to the activist creditor group. That bid was reportedly rejected, according to Bloomberg, with Juszkiewicz attempting to secure separate loans to retain ownership.

Good luck with that, say observers, especially given Gibson’s abysmal credit ratings. Just last week, Standard & Poor’s downgraded Gibson to a CCC-minus rating based on low revenues and high likelihood of default. Earlier, Moody’s also downgraded the guitar maker, making it extremely difficult for the company to secure favorable loans in the coming months.

The Chinese investor group has ‘ample cash for buyout,’ one of our sources indicated. But the group ‘wants distressed deals,’ meaning, a fire-sale. Once purchased, the group is aiming to leverage the storied Gibson brand name to sell a lot more guitars. The strategy involves more efficient manufacturing, better pricing, better distribution, and streamlined online retail sales and customization.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Dear Gibson: please sell your guitar biz to Yamaha :pray:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Schpyder posted:

Dear Gibson: please sell your guitar biz to Yamaha :pray:
If they make a Les Paul to sound/feel on the level of a Revstar, I just might buy one. I mean, if they make lefties again.

:pray:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’m just imagining a Gibson-branded Yamaha SG2000 and it does my weary heart good.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Maybe ESP will buy them, and all the ex-Gibson endorsees who fled to ESP to get away from Henry J. headassery can have Gibsons again.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I’m just imagining a Gibson-branded Yamaha SG2000 and it does my weary heart good.

I'm picturing Gibson-branded Pacificas because my brain isn't right. Although that makes me wonder, has there ever been a Gibson superstrat? I know Epiphone offered one for a while.

BDA fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 3, 2018

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Uh, China and Japan are actually different countries guys.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Yeah but none of us know any Chinese guitar brands to make jokes about.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it'd be pretty funny if jd.com or alibaba bought them

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Nah, I want Rondo to buy them.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m glad I’m not the only one who really loves Yamaha and everything they do in the music industry. They’re super underrated.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Rondo even that big? Hell, I love my Agile (thinking about buying another one) but I don't think they're big enough to get Gibson.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keHOCnjH7iE

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who really loves Yamaha and everything they do in the music industry. They’re super underrated.

My best friend growing up had a Yamaha Acoustic Guitar he got for less than $150 I believe and it played almost as good as my Fender Acoustic that was closer to $350. My wife has a Yamaha keyboard that I use as MIDI controller a lot and its great for how inexpensive it was.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

But the group ‘wants distressed deals,’
So they're only interested in the relic'd production lines? :v:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

Is Rondo even that big? Hell, I love my Agile (thinking about buying another one) but I don't think they're big enough to get Gibson.

no guitar company that isn't already owned by a venture capital or other investment group is big enough to buy them

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Well this blows.

Seeing Gibson's decline as an opportunity to turn Heritage into a much larger brand by getting rid of the employees who did the hand crafting even though that was the reason why people bought those guitars instead of Gibsons in the first place. Also the likelihood that they'll turn the old factory into a tourist trap is super high.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol at hiring more managers and firing craftsman. That's that Gibson tradition!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Gibson guitar company has the wrong kind of ram.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
da motherfuckin sharez0ne

W424
Oct 21, 2010

That’s PERFECT for a band that tries so hard to be hella badass but in reality churns out the lamest, cheesiest bullshit.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
tier 1 operatorcore

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

It even has a bunch of mismatched fonts. A+ for effort and execution.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I know it's a joke but I really thought that was a sharezone post.

edit: here's some more 5FDP artwork:

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 4, 2018

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yamaha is the poo poo. I love my Yamaha bike, my Yamaha guitar, and my Yamaha keyboard. Praise be. Japanese companies that make Everything are awesome.

Also comedy option: Fender buys Gibson :getin:

Genuine question, whenabouts did Gibson get so lovely? There was probably some point that their entire payroll wasn't CPAs.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gibson's been lovely multiple times, but they've been on an increasingly downward slide since the early 2000s

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Jr. posted:

Genuine question, whenabouts did Gibson get so lovely? There was probably some point that their entire payroll wasn't CPAs.

So, it’s quite the tale. Gibson was about 3 months from going under when Henry J bought them back in 1986. He really did bring them back from the brink. And then after a while he somehow got it into his head that Gibson needed to be diversified, and the best way to do that was by buying middling consumer electronics companies in dying commodity segments. You know, ones like Cerwin Vega, Onkyo, TEAC, and Philips. Brands that would have been relevant back when Henry originally bought Gibson. Also buying guitar companies like Kramer and Steinberger and then doing precisely gently caress-all with them. It’s the debt coming due on those terrible acquisitions that’s the primary cause of Gibson’s current woes. Their guitar business is still profitable, but it’s been the brain dead management decisions that have put them in this hole.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jr. posted:

Yamaha is the poo poo. I love my Yamaha bike, my Yamaha guitar, and my Yamaha keyboard. Praise be. Japanese companies that make Everything are awesome.

Also comedy option: Fender buys Gibson :getin:

edit: ^^^ what he said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Jr. posted:

Here's a man who just loves the drat product