Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i think brandish: the dark revenant is one of my favorite action rpgs, goddamn that was loving good and i still have new game + stuff to do where i get to play as this lady

be the bikini knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

be the bikini knight

she's a legit good character and i wish her pc98 era cheesecake outfit she's been stuck with forever didn't just look kinda bad

i don't even have anything against cheesecake on principal, her outfit's just kinda bad and only looks weirder in tdr's art style

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was in a bad mood for whatever reason tonight and dabbled in a bunch of games and nothing really caught my interest, but that might have just been the mood. I played the Attack on Titan game and after it started fairly simply I quickly found myself just sort of aggravated with it and not really understanding what I was doing wrong when things were going wrong with very bad feedback from the game. The game seems interesting but jank just doesn't seem worth putting up with, especially because I don't really care about the series.

I then played a tiny bit of Wolfenstein: TNO and it seemed good but I also decided I wasn't really in the mood for a FPS right now.

I then played Octodad which seems like goofy fun but also not really the type of game you play through as much as just occasionally fire it up to gently caress around in

Then I played Furi and this one mostly stuck and I got through the first two fights, but I also am not sure I'm good enough at video games to actually beat this.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

be the bikini knight

Don't worry the cape is +5 to AC

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't understand the people who pick a single AAA multiplayer game and then play it for thousands of hours to the exclusion of other games but they exist and some of them will buy Anthem looboxes

I said this but christ

almost 3000 hours

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my favorite brandish character is the judo girl with an insanely hosed up waist who lives to break people in half with her bare hands

for some reason everyone in brandish 3 had really hosed up proportions. even the ninja dude looks weird af

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 3, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I said this but christ

almost 3000 hours
my playtime is ridiculous but I just tell myself that it's mostly afk or alt tabbed doing something else with the game in the background

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

my playtime is ridiculous but I just tell myself that it's mostly afk or alt tabbed doing something else with the game in the background

I probably would've played a lot more ff14 if I had done this, but I always worry I'm overworking my hardware by running a game in the background and not playing it :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo 3 is my most played video game ever with over 1050 hours played.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have ~1050 hours on my Wizard alone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't bot any of my time in Diablo 3 like every one else did.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Isn't Diablo a single-player game? Why would run a bot in that?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo III is multiplayer only but even in Diablo II, botting is super rampant in multiplayer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never used any bots in D3. I never even play with sound off because I still get a kick out of the female Wizard emotes 6 goddamn years later.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The longest I've ever played a game is like 80 hours in Oblivion, I just finish stuff and then move on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Kirby 64 a good Kirby?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't understand the question.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Go to bed chumbler

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

One of the best Kirbys.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thank you

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sakurazuka posted:

It's okay.

Insanely slow paced with mediocre enemy design. Combo abilities are a fun concept but a poo poo ton of them are boring/lame and only a handful are actually worth using more then the initial "haha that's funny" period.

Best original OST in the series though and the actual art design is stellar. It's a alright kirb.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Actually it's an insanely good Kirb, much like every single other Kirb

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Taintrunner posted:

I did some more MGSurvive tonight. Eh. Ehhhhh! I dunno.

I want to buy this game but the last time I deliberately ignored bad reviews and bought a game it was agents of mayhem and that didn’t work out well for me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Olive! posted:

Actually it's an insanely good Kirb, much like every single other Kirb

As a fan you have to learn that some games are just more perfect than others.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
for example, not every Kirby game can be Epic Yarn. In fact, just one of them is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kirby Super Star is objectively the best one, it has proper two player co op for chrissakes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't know there was a final fantasy resident evil crossover

granted it was just a mobile game that I assume was one of those gatcha ones so it's just pics of RE characters in FF outfits.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

nachos posted:

I want to buy this game but the last time I deliberately ignored bad reviews and bought a game it was agents of mayhem and that didn’t work out well for me

Do you plan on playing much multiplayer? It's already dropping off in server population. May be worth waiting for a sale because the singleplayer mode is actually pretty good.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

FauxLeather posted:

Do you plan on playing much multiplayer? It's already dropping off in server population. May be worth waiting for a sale because the singleplayer mode is actually pretty good.

Nah I’ll probably stick to single player. That’s good to know as I assume this game will be on sale shortly.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't know there was a final fantasy resident evil crossover

granted it was just a mobile game that I assume was one of those gatcha ones so it's just pics of RE characters in FF outfits.

They’ve been anime’d into meaninglessness, I’m having trouble telling who everyone is

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

They’ve been anime’d into meaninglessness, I’m having trouble telling who everyone is

In order from left to right, top to bottom

Chris, Jill,
Ada, Leon,
Piers, Rebecca,
Manuela, Wesker,
Claire, Steve,
Hunk, Tofu

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's okay.

Insanely slow paced with mediocre enemy design. Combo abilities are a fun concept but a poo poo ton of them are boring/lame and only a handful are actually worth using more then the initial "haha that's funny" period.

Best original OST in the series though and the actual art design is stellar. It's a alright kirb.

As much as I love Kirby that's probably right. I'd probably still put it above the Dream Land series though (and this is from someone that 100%ed Dream Land 3).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I know Tofu when I see him

Even in anime art styles his facial features remain the same.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I think I played Diablo 2 the most.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Palpek posted:

I think I played Diablo 2 the most.

You ever play that Diablo 2 mod Eastern Sun?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Nah, I played D2 in high school when it first came out which is why I could put so much time into it. When Easter Sun came out I was kinda over it already.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Jill should have been the thief and Rebecca should have been the white mage. I think it's a little sexist for all the women to be magic users and the men to be fighters when the series stars some really kickass heroines.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Colonel posted:

i think brandish: the dark revenant is one of my favorite action rpgs, goddamn that was loving good and i still have new game + stuff to do where i get to play as this lady

I definitely enjoyed it a lot. My favorite "gently caress you!!" parts were the enemies in the later levels that erased your map.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jay Rust posted:

Kirby Super Star is objectively the best one, it has proper two player co op for chrissakes

Return to Dreamland has 4 player coop and you can be Dedede, argument destroyed

• Locked thread