Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Game badly needs a "equip on all characters" button for the 3 necklace and trinket slots for the incremental upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

I usually lead ranged kills in every game clearing all the hordes. Its fun as poo poo and ironbreaker is a tanky fucker with ignoring a hit every 13s, the ability to tank anything with his active, and capping off your health with a temp health buffer every horde. I really hope people don't see how good it is and get him nerfed.

I'm near certain that so many things are gonna get nerfed. I'd brace for impact.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Both me and mzbundifund randomly heard a saltzpyre line during a game where there was no saltzpyre. lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Digirat posted:

Both me and mzbundifund randomly heard a saltzpyre line during a game where there was no saltzpyre. lol

I have heard a few lines were they compliment Saltzpyre on a job well done when he is not in the game.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

I have heard a few lines were they compliment Saltzpyre on a job well done when he is not in the game.

but he does do a good job

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Grondoth posted:

I'm near certain that so many things are gonna get nerfed. I'd brace for impact.

According to a friend of mine who mains dwarf they did something to gently caress up the heat generation of the drakegun in this beta compared to the previous ones so you can basically fire it ten times as much as you used to be able to without worrying about overheat.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Does drakegun heat slowly dissipate by itself if you switch to another weapon?

e: That's a question, I haven't even unlocked Ironbreaker yet so I can't test it myself.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Kanos posted:

According to a friend of mine who mains dwarf they did something to gently caress up the heat generation of the drakegun in this beta compared to the previous ones so you can basically fire it ten times as much as you used to be able to without worrying about overheat.

Not nearly as much as that. The Drakefire Cannon generates heat in three ways; Up to about 25% of the bar in charging up, a tiny bit more the longer you hold it and then continual heat as you discharge it. Only the latter has seen any noticeable change.

We were talking about the DFC today on my discord channel and the discussion almost got philosophical; The core of the problem isn't so much a numbers issue as much as the DFC is a literally flamethrower in a swarm survival game. If the DFC didn't cause swarms of literal rat people to falter and flail around as they burn by the dozen, everyone would be asking why did they even bother adding it. Also worth nothing is the DFC does exactly one thing well; kills swarm waves if you got time to set it up. It is absolutely useless on most bosses and anything at all with actual armour. It also has next to no capability to stop you getting hooked or force-choked by many of the specials (though it does seem to send Gutter Runners in to a action-roll filled spasm of stun-lock). It just does that thing so wonderfully and visually, its easy to see why some may raise an eyebrow when they are are not doing so at Kruber's thermonuclear Huntsman ultimate or pretty much anything whatsoever the Waystalker does.

I don't even think ramping the heat cost for discharging the weapon back up will really solve the issue as much as just making it annoying to use. If someone wants to spam the DFC, a few pings of damage from venting it more often are not going to really bother an Ironbreaker. The only thing I could really think of was do away with the heat and charging up system altogether and have the DFC use regular ammo (with the Irondrake talent raising the ammo limit for it in kind). Perhaps then you would have to choose between dropping controlled bursts to stagger and burn smaller chunks of the swarm waves or unload it all in one huge inferno if the need calls for it. I think the damage and staggering it does on the lowest tier of enemy while being far less useful on anything up the foodchain is pretty much perfect. The issue is going to be balancing the sheer frequency you can do so without it being a dead weight too often. Especially since at least personally I find the Drakefire Pistols a much more practical weapon able to hammer a much wider range of enemies at a much safer distance. Nothing like quickdraw blasting a Gutter Runner in the face mid-flight with my fantasy plasma pistol.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Damegane posted:

Does drakegun heat slowly dissipate by itself if you switch to another weapon?

e: That's a question, I haven't even unlocked Ironbreaker yet so I can't test it myself.

Yes. As do the pistols.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Dear Fatshark,

Please do not nerf the Huntsman active plus shotgun because it's the only thing that makes Stormfiends bearable to me.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
There's an irony in how I'd rather fight Stormfiends over Trolls, Rogers, and especially Spawns. The cyber-rat ogre with twin flamethrowers is less dangerous than the vanilla rat ogre to me for some bizarre reason.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Skypie posted:

Dear Fatshark,

Please do not nerf the Huntsman active plus shotgun because it's the only thing that makes Stormfiends bearable to me.

I'd just be happy if they toned down his ability to instantly 180 degree turn and smash without wind up or warning. If we are supposed to hit behind him, it would be nice if we could do so with more than three frames of warning before being hurled across the map then covered in unblockable flames.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Digirat posted:

I've heard Sienna use a Saltzpyre line that was complimenting her. poo poo's weird right now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the fireball staff has been surprisingly effective for me against Stormy, especially when combined with Pyromancer Sienna, because her active will take a serious chunk out of Stormy's health

It's not nearly as much of a slam dunk as Kruber riding shotgun but I dropped into four different games today where I killed Stormy pretty much all by myself doing this; the advantage Sienna has is that she doesn't NEED to get in close, so that big slam of his never comes up. She can side-dodge out of the flames with barely a singe and just unload fireballs.

anyway, unrelated, but a good try from the game today:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Calihan posted:

We were talking about the DFC today on my discord channel and the discussion almost got philosophical; The core of the problem isn't so much a numbers issue as much as the DFC is a literally flamethrower in a swarm survival game.

Been playing Sienna with the flamethrower staff, once power was high enough to actually stagger enemies and they couldn't just run through the flames it became absurdly effective, have the DFC on the same team and suddenly the hordes in the horde survival game aren't much of a presence.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Was just in a game where we had a zealot, normal kruger, and an elf with regen. The elf and kruger went down and when they could be rescued, it seems I got the elves regen even miles away while tied up.

After this I became immune to damage but I didn't notice it until a fat man grabbed me. I just thought I had been playing really well. The zealot who survived was not immune to damage though.

It was enjoyable until an assassin finally did me in.

Also I really hate that last room with the nurgle sacks. I never find the last one.

I have no idea what caused the bug but I want to say an elf or the game thought I was the zealot some how.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 3, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Digirat posted:

I really enjoy how the subtitles are just wrong a good amount of times. Like how hard is this guys.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tip: To skip the intro cut scene, press F2 twice.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Calihan posted:

Especially since at least personally I find the Drakefire Pistols a much more practical weapon able to hammer a much wider range of enemies at a much safer distance. Nothing like quickdraw blasting a Gutter Runner in the face mid-flight with my fantasy plasma pistol.

The charged up blast on drakefires also still gets rid of swarms effectively, so it's not like you lose out on AE potential either.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Is there a way to hide the dwarfs absurd flamethrower effect ?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Third World Reggin posted:

Tip: To skip the intro cut scene, press F2 twice.

You can disable the intro from the options menu.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Got Sienna to level 20, the bright wizard is trash, the pyromancer has a good passive and ult but is made of tissue paper, the unchained however, is great.

50% damage transferred to overcharge means you effectively have 50% more health, all those little nicks or even a big hit that would chunk another character are largely ignored, any health you get goes twice as far, temporary health lasts twice as long because it ticks a little bit onto the overcharge, once you have the heal on kill trait you can just vent your massive temp health whenever you feel like it and you have your ult in case your getting too close.

It's still possible to explode if your not careful, but with smart play you can just go into melee with improved damage when your starting to get close to danger levels and vent your heat out in melee, plus any burst of damage that would of made you explode was probably going to kill any other class if they took that same amount so it doesn't end up being too big of a negative unless your constantly letting yourself get into the red before meleeing.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Last night got into a match as Firestorm Pyromancer with a Dwarf with a Flamethrower. The game really changes when it's basically about just coating everything that moves in fire.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
What's the good practice with crafting? I've heard that hero power level gives roughly a 10% increase in damage and whatnot with every multiple of 50, so I figured that I should endeavor to craft gear once the loot drops and crafting results start giving out items around a multiple of 50.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

New patch:

Fatshark posted:

The changes for the latest patch are as follows:
ADDED: 'Warcamp' mission
ADDED: 'Prologue' mission
Fix for flamethowers always using full charge for fire time
Fix for some cases of being invincible due to health mismatch between host and client
Fixed controller cursor positioning error
Fixed crash caused when a player jumps off a cliff in the inn while the local player is exiting the game
Fixed curse resistance property not working as intended
Fixed 'protection vs' properties having the wrong values
Fixed Troll health sync crash
Fixed various crashes
Further horde music fixes
Huntsman active ability raw damage multiplier set to 1.5 for the duration of the ability (instead of 5)
Increased the chances of getting weapon and jewellery parts from salvaging items
Reduced Cooldown Reduction property range from 5-20% to 5-10%
Sienna now takes less damage from venting (more in line with her health pool)

Flamethrower weapons always using full charge would explain why they have seemed so overbearing and that should kick them in the dick extremely hard; they'll actually overheat now when trying to firehose crowds to death endlessly. Kruber Huntsman cheese is also dead as gently caress, thank christ.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Hooray. New content.

Kruber is the MC tutorial man :)

Pretty professional introduction there, if a bit short.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 3, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kanos posted:

New patch:

Flamethrower weapons always using full charge would explain why they have seemed so overbearing and that should kick them in the dick extremely hard; they'll actually overheat now when trying to firehose crowds to death endlessly. Kruber Huntsman cheese is also dead as gently caress, thank christ.

Oh good, now Spawns and Trolls are even more of an assured death to a poo poo party, woooooooo.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Since the original Vermintide is currently cup of coffee cheap on Steam me and a buddy thought we might dip our toes in the water and then maybe pick up the second if we like the gameplay.

We're probably go with a pair of bots rather than rando's for the other 2, is there a must have AI mod like a lot of these sorts of games have?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Orv posted:

Oh good, now Spawns and Trolls are even more of an assured death to a poo poo party, woooooooo.

Trolls aren't too bad after they did whatever they did to the puke to make it easier to see coming and less deadly, Chaos spawn I got a lot better at fighting when I realized I can just dodge backwards when I see their right tentacle winding up to avoid the grab, although sometimes it will still warp me into his grip.

I still got to figure out what to do when a boss keeps doing the 3 hit combo slam in my direction besides "just never run out of stamina"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Orv posted:

It's probably better that they nerf obviously insane one push win buttons and then tweak and nerf the bosses if they're too hard for your average party without said win buttons then leave said win buttons in the game, and I say this as a Kruber player who was resigned to playing huntsman whenever I did random queues for the very reason you describe.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Kanos posted:

New patch:

Huh. I honestly never noticed. I guess because I pretty much never fire one without full charge.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

It's probably better that they nerf obviously insane one push win buttons and then tweak and nerf the bosses if they're too hard for your average party without said win buttons then leave said win buttons in the game, and I say this as a Kruber player who was resigned to playing huntsman whenever I did random queues for the very reason you describe.

I too would prefer that the entire party gets to participate in boss fights instead of one guy blasting away 50% of it's healthbar per shot.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kanos posted:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I too would prefer that the entire party gets to participate in boss fights instead of one guy blasting away 50% of it's healthbar per shot.

I mean you are both absolutely correct. They have shown they're willing to change things around with the bosses which is good, I'm just worried they think Spawn is fine.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I still got to figure out what to do when a boss keeps doing the 3 hit combo slam in my direction besides "just never run out of stamina"

Just parry, the hits don't take up must stamina. It's the same as the Beserkers.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Spawn isn't fine because you can't get to shoot it's weakspot unless you're the one being chased. Because there are sluggish delays between switching & blocking only the most reactive reflexive player has a chance to make the weakspot shooting count between the pounding. Outside of massive burst stuff like Saltzpyre Bounty Hunter and bombs etc, you're kinda hosed with that one, especially in a horde. A bad team is absolutely going to wipe on principle to a Spawn. Melee just doesn't do any damage to bosses unless you hit that weakspot, have a huge crit thing going on like Glaive, and you need long-range thrust gear to do weakspot damage if you're being chased.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

What are the Spawns and Trolls weak spots?

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Indeed. There was no way Kruber and his lascannon Huntsman ultimate was going to go unchecked.

Kerillian dodges the noose again but with that waifu armour, I am hardly surprised at this point.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

TaurusTorus posted:

What are the Spawns and Trolls weak spots?

The Spawn's weakspot is the tiny mouth on the front of it, which is concave. The Troll is its big head.

Found all 3 tomes in the new level. No grims. Have to light candles across the map I think for one, I lit one near the end.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's something just slightly... unwell, about the words "An End Times Adventure."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Orv posted:

There's something just slightly... unwell, about the words "An End Times Adventure."

Well you're definitely not going to assume the stakes are low that's for sure.

• Locked thread