Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I'm only at 80/150 GW clears and they let me sim the last 7 nodes anyway?? Wonder if they only do that when you can reset or if you're far enough along or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Without GW fights it's almost like I don't actually play the game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Without GW fights it's almost like I don't actually play the game.

yeah
but

between TW/TB fights and10x fleet and arena battles/day , I don't loving need GW taking up my time anymore.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

yeah
but

between TW/TB fights and10x fleet and arena battles/day , I don't loving need GW taking up my time anymore.

I need to get on my PVP hard. I'm in danger of falling out of my shard's top-50 thanks to the EP meta.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Chilichimp posted:

yeah
but

:effort:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is there any way to download updates without WiFi? I'm gonna lose my energy refresh

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

UmOk posted:

Is there any way to download updates without WiFi? I'm gonna lose my energy refresh

Yes, just push ok when it tells you that warning and it should just start downloading even though you're not on wifi.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Real talk, is Sion worth spending real money on to 4*?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Visas Marr was one of my favorites from kotor 2, I’m happy to see her in the game, and desperately hope she’s not a huge pile of poo poo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

im cute posted:

Visas Marr was one of my favorites from kotor 2, I’m happy to see her in the game, and desperately hope she’s not a huge pile of poo poo.

She is good

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Real talk, is Sion worth spending real money on to 4*?

Don't spend real money on this trash fire of a "game", you loving idiot.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

im cute posted:

She looks to be extremely good for the raid

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nipponophile posted:

Don't spend real money on this trash fire of a "game", you loving idiot.

I thought you had a meltdown where you compared this game to Jim Crow and quit?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Apparently not.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Crumbletron posted:

She looks to be extremely good for the raid

Having played her now, I think she could be great. Tons of counter attacks and assists. She was assisting almost every turn.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Having played her now, I think she could be great. Tons of counter attacks and assists. She was assisting almost every turn.

Party health steal and armor piercing plus cleansing on her basic seems real good even without the hundreds of bonus attacks.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

thrawn527 posted:

She's actually assisting too much - she's being hotfixed already.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160825/content-update-hf-upcoming

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ha, I thought I noticed a few double dips. Well, even with one assist in any given turn, she's still assisting a lot.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Imagine whaling her and getting a full refund

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

Imagine whaling her and getting a full refund

It's not like I did it or anything, but I'm curious, have they ever done that before?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dear SM

I had a sick kid over night and then had to leave at the crack of dawn for a friend's memorial so I missed some battles last phase. I'll be back at it tonight.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

im cute posted:

I'm only at 80/150 GW clears and they let me sim the last 7 nodes anyway?? Wonder if they only do that when you can reset or if you're far enough along or what.

That must have been what happened with me. I was able to sim it on thursday when I was about 3/4 of the way through, though yesterday it wouldn't let me. Since I started being able to complete the finale credit heist node and got all the worthwhile characters from GW to 7* I've not really been doing more than a few a day.

Man, its too bad it would cost as much as a switch to get Sion to a useful level, he is really good. It looked like he resisted death at one point. Wait, that's actually perfect. Reven when though?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My F2P account is approaching 60 and I was wondering what the current cool thing to do after finishing up Phoenix squad is. Should I still plan to work on a wiggs team or is there a better choice now? Was also considering AA (L), STH, Ezra, Leia, Chirrut

Also why does the OP have Sabine in the starter/f2p squad and not Ezra :iiam:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Syrinxx posted:

Because Ezra requires the same resource as Hera. He is better than Sabine for most things but you can get Sabine at the same time as Hera instead of waiting.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

fishtobaskets posted:

Because Ezra requires the same resource as Hera. He is better than Sabine for most things but you can get Sabine at the same time as Hera instead of waiting.

Sabine is on one hard node and nowhere else free so you can probably 7* Hera and Ezra before Sabine even hits 5* unless you're dumping credits on her shipment

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

My F2P account is approaching 60 and I was wondering what the current cool thing to do after finishing up Phoenix squad is. Should I still plan to work on a wiggs team or is there a better choice now? Was also considering AA (L), STH, Ezra, Leia, Chirrut

I’d pick either Scoundrels or Empire (especially after the Vader/Palp rework), and eventually old rebels (stHan, Leia, FarmLuke, Old Ben, Lando I think?). I still like Wiggs because they kill stuff so fast, much faster than Phoenix, but I think the meta has moved on a lot.

E: Sabine is a way harder and more expensive farm. You can sim 20+ of Hera and Ezra for 100 crystals while it’s 150 for 20 shots at Sabine, and the Hera/Ezra farm earns you cantina credits toward Chopper. So even for f2p accounts I’d switch off between starring Hera and Ezra and relegate Sabine to the impulse Hard Mode bin.

im cute fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 5, 2018

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Assuming you already have mods I would probably do this:

- Farm ships with fleet currency when you can but make sure you get shards for the longer farm characters when they pop in the Fleet Store like Vader, FOTP, etc (do this in parallel with whatever stage you're on below)

- Finish Phoenix (minus Sabine) to 7* and keep them leveled as you go

- Scoundrels (Boba, STHan, Cad, Chewie, Lando) until you can three-star whatever tier of Credit Heist/Droid Smuggling you're on, by the time you three-star the level 80 tier you can probably also three-star the Crit Damage mod challene

- Empire/Sith (Farm Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and either Royal Guard or Stormtrooper, and use Palpatine and Thrawn once their events rotate around) - gets you R2 and Potency mod challenge

- Take some time here to level and gear some pilots and try to keep climbing the Fleet leaderboards, get Ghost and Phantom II if you don't already have them, you're probably fairly close to 85 at this point

- First Order (Swolo, Masko, FOO, Phasma, and whichever of FOTP and FOST farms from the hard nodes faster) - Gets you BB8, Offense mod challenge and KRU's 7* ship

- Episode 4 (Old Ben, Leia, Farmboy Luke, finish STHan and R2 to 7* if you haven't) - prep for CLS Hero's Journey

- Resistance (Finn, Poe, Scavenger Rey, Resistance Pilot) - Good for raids, speed mod challenges, partial prep for JTR Hero's Journey

- Some easy Jedi to get to 7* like Consular, Luminara or QGJ if you don't already have enough Jedi for the Yoda event

- Long farm Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie for JTR Hero's Journey

- Start filling in characters needed to score high on/solo raids, characters needed for territory battles, eventually get a Jawa team for the Crit Chance challenge and some Ewoks for that event and anything else that you want to panic farm to stay with the meta

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
I've had this game for ages on my mobile, but it only recently really clicked when I started to understand how gear and ability upgrading works. At the moment, pretty addicted.

Is there any room in any of the Goon Guilds at the moment?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Baron von der Loon posted:

I've had this game for ages on my mobile, but it only recently really clicked when I started to understand how gear and ability upgrading works. At the moment, pretty addicted.

Is there any room in any of the Goon Guilds at the moment?

get in discord and post in the recruitment channel (link to 'cord is in the spreadsheet in the OP)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

Sabine is on one hard node and nowhere else free so you can probably 7* Hera and Ezra before Sabine even hits 5* unless you're dumping credits on her shipment

Sabine is in guild store. Unless they removed her

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Yeah, that's how I farmed her, just idly collecting her shards from the guild store. Too bad I still never use her.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

UmOk posted:

They removed her in December, speaking from someone that started over in November.

She *may* appear in Guild Events or Fleet, but nothing a new player could even access.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CDW posted:

They removed her in December, speaking from someone that started over in November.

She *may* appear in Guild Events or Fleet, but nothing a new player could even access.

Oh. Then she's even more annoying to farm, while still having no purpose? That's dumb.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

Oh. Then she's even more annoying to farm, while still having no purpose? That's dumb.

Yeah if she's gone from guild store then my advice is outdated. Just get hera/ezra instead. When she was hard node + guild shop I actually finished her before Kanan.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Has Jyn been phased out of the guild store? I haven't seen her shards in a bit...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Warmachine posted:

Has Jyn been phased out of the guild store? I haven't seen her shards in a bit...

Nope, I just bought some shards this morning.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Well gently caress you CG, dunno what's worse Jyn or Zetas.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Jyn Zeta?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

FYI

TW banners are now determined by attempts and squad members living at the end of a battle, so just throwing poo poo at a squad until you beat them is no longer a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Warmachine posted:

Poe's X-Wing