Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I can't imagine he'll see anything past the 6.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I can't imagine he'll see anything past the 6.5

It's just structured that way to spread the hit over 3 years. 6.5 is probably all he's guaranteed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

zimbomonkey posted:

That is way way more than Coleman is worth IMO.

The Saints have never overpaid for a free agent. :colbert:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's at the point where I'm okay with the overpaid free agent if he's actually worth the roster slot.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Ehhhhhh... I mean I guess he's okay.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't much care for Kenny Vaccaro. Paying a bit of a premium on Coleman is fine by me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he's a smart player who always knows where to be, but has just physically declined over the past two years.

Just watch the Saints games. He can't get the angle on anyone anymore, and Carolina has about as forgiving a scheme for their secondary in the nfl.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs linked to Poe and Norwell. Not sure how I feel about Poe but Norwell would be cool.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want to Bucs to trade for Michael Bennett real dang bad

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I thought the bucs had good guards?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

zimbomonkey posted:

I thought the bucs had good guards?

Not really. Sweezy is pretty bad and Pamphile is mediocre. Pretty much the reason our run game is trash.

Marpet was good 2 years ago but they moved him to center this past season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Bring me Bennett and Mo Wilk kthx

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Bring me Bennett and Mo Wilk kthx

Oh man, is Mohammy Wilks a freebie this offseez?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Oh man, is Mohammy Wilks a freebie this offseez?

Yup. And supposedly Atl and Sea are discussing a trade...

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Marpet is actually the guard I was thinking of.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Saints want to bring Graham home to the swamp apparently

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
We had some good times together, it's true.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Either that, or it's the laziest possible take you could make about Graham becoming a free agent.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ulmont posted:

Either that, or it's the laziest possible take you could make about Graham becoming a free agent.

It's been reported by several NFL reporters including Rapaport so there's definitely smoke there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
MAKE A PLAY FOR HIS SERVICES ATLANTA

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Money Matt locked up for 3 more years. Eat your heart out Tampa Bay.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nice! Now we need the other Matt extended...that one may be a lil more pricey :stare:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

wandler20 posted:

It's been reported by several NFL reporters including Rapaport so there's definitely smoke there.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Saints could definitely use a good pass-catching tight end.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’d rather see the Saints draft a TE. Don’t know what the market for Jimmy will be, but it’s probably gonna be more than I’d like to see them spend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Come home Jimmy, we still love you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’d rather see the Saints draft a TE. Don’t know what the market for Jimmy will be, but it’s probably gonna be more than I’d like to see them spend.

He's gonna be cheaper now that at any point since his rookie deal, for sure. That guy didn't do poo poo in Seattle.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

In case any nfcs buddies we afraid Marty Hurney may have learned a lesson, he just gave Graham Gano 4 yrs/17 million

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

zimbomonkey posted:

In case any nfcs buddies we afraid Marty Hurney may have learned a lesson, he just gave Graham Gano 4 yrs/17 million

I don't think that is bad...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

treacherous scot

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

three posted:

I don't think that is bad...

So he is now the 2nd highest paid kicker at $4.25 per behind Gostowski?

Gano has been good right? I guess I don't think it's some crazy number either...he was making $3.2 last year.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

gano's an average-slightly above average kicker. I don't know if an average 7th rounder would be as good as he's been, but I'm also not sure gano's worth some 3 million dollars a season more than said 7th rounder

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

He’s no Money Matt but he’s aight

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Tatsuta Age posted:

He’s no Money Matt but he’s aight

God I hate Matt Bryant :mad:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Even though he's on the Falcons I can't hate on him. He was great for the Bucs and a tough break along with lovely timing meant that he left Tampa. I'm glad he's still doing well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

God I hate Matt Bryant :mad:

:smug:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Joey Freshwater posted:

Even though he's on the Falcons I can't hate on him. He was great for the Bucs and a tough break along with lovely timing meant that he left Tampa. I'm glad he's still doing well.

Oh I definitely respect him, but whenever/wherever he's lining up for a kick I know the motherfucker is going to nail it right down the middle.

So much hate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

Oh I definitely respect him, but whenever/wherever he's lining up for a kick I know the motherfucker is going to nail it right down the middle.

So much hate.

Atlanta fans do not understand how good they have it.

Every time his contract is up, all over ATL it's just endless hottakes of "3m/year for a kicker? Come on!"

Atlanta fans also do not understand how good they have it with the other point-scorin' Matt.

This city is going to collapse in on that Merc stadium when they're both gone.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Atlanta fans do not understand how good they have it.

Every time his contract is up, all over ATL it's just endless hottakes of "3m/year for a kicker? Come on!"

Atlanta fans also do not understand how good they have it with the other point-scorin' Matt.

This city is going to collapse in on that Merc stadium when they're both gone.

Falcon fans are dumb. I cannot stand those drat boards. They legit infuriate me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

gano's an average-slightly above average kicker. I don't know if an average 7th rounder would be as good as he's been, but I'm also not sure gano's worth some 3 million dollars a season more than said 7th rounder

This isn't true anymore.

Gano missed just two kicks last year. In a year where kicking percentages were at their worst in like 10 years.

There's a real downturn at the moment in reliable kickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If you have a good kicker, you pay him. Bryant never would've been gone from Tampa if he hadn't got hurt. Hell, he didn't get signed by Atlanta until over half way through that season. He was also like 32 at the time. Kickers are weird.

• Locked thread