Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Some of the banter is pretty funny. Had a Saltzpyre use a healing draught while almost at full health, and Sienna just went "Saltspyre..." In a condescending tone, to which he responded "The wound was deep, I could hardly stand!"

I had an elf quaff a healing potion at 80% hp (as they are want to do) to which bardin said " typical, the elf is only looking after her own skin". Elf hate is now canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Is there a way to increase mouse sensitivity beyond 10? That's still not enough for me.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Zephro posted:

Is there a way to increase mouse sensitivity beyond 10? That's still not enough for me.

Sounds like either your mouse DPI settings or your settings in Windows are turned way down.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Does veteran/hard difficulty also effect cleave/how many enemies your weapon will hit on a swing?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I pub a lot, because I like this game more than my friends do. The only pubbie thing that annoys me is that I'm yet to see a single wh captain saltzpyre mark anything. Come on, man, that's like a third of your passive kit!

I've played most characters to at least 5, and so far my favorite by far is the stock saltzpyre, with merc kruber as close second. Something about the rapier and the halberd really clicks for me.

I also try to minimize my elf time as much as possible, because not having health regen feels very bad after switching :saddowns:

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Willie Tomg posted:

have a Four Part Plan

1. Be in discord and the group steam chat
I guess I'm in the wrong disord, I joined Lumbering Troll, the last message sent was two days ago.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I wish I'd thought of this when I was busy with no gaming time last week. :negative:
1 day 15 hours left

Malkof posted:

I guess I'm in the wrong disord, I joined Lumbering Troll, the last message sent was two days ago.

You want Goonintide

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SuperKlaus posted:

However, some new lines are no bueno. You all noticed the elf is a dickhead to the wizard now? She never used to give Sienna poo poo but now there's this "elf toddlers do what you do" poo poo coming out constantly.

counterpoint: sometimes Sienna calls Kerillian a lumberfoot when she picks up a downed elf

I legitimately burst out laughing the first time I heard it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zhulik posted:

I also try to minimize my elf time as much as possible, because not having health regen feels very bad after switching :saddowns:

Good news, you can get passive healing as a trait on certain trinkets. Bad news is that it also disables regular healing though potions and medkits.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Internet Explorer posted:

Sounds like either your mouse DPI settings or your settings in Windows are turned way down.
I don't think so, since it's fine in other games. I'm assuming there's an ini file somewhere...

there's user_settings.config at users/whatever/AppData/Roaming/Fatshark/Vermintide 2, and what looks like an entry for mouse sensitivity, but editing the values doesn't seem to actually do anything

Zephro fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 3, 2018

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

BombiTheZombie posted:

I had an elf quaff a healing potion at 80% hp (as they are want to do) to which bardin said " typical, the elf is only looking after her own skin". Elf hate is now canon.

Elf hate has always been canon. Some of my favorite lines in the first one.

.:pack master grabs the elf:. Bardin, "Strangler has got our elf. Are we sure we want her back?"

.:pack master grabs the elf:. Salty, "Stop strangling the elf! I want to do that!"

Best new lines

.:Kruber drinking:. "you're still no ale" and I've only heard it once so I think it's really rare, "I ale you were a wish."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There's also one where Sienna tells her if she wasn't so selfish and annoying, maybe people would want to help her and she wouldn't have to go 'every elf for herself' so much.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Zephro posted:

I don't think so, since it's fine in other games. I'm assuming there's an ini file somewhere...

there's user_settings.config at users/whatever/AppData/Roaming/Fatshark/Vermintide 2, and what looks like an entry for mouse sensitivity, but editing the values doesn't seem to actually do anything
Actually, messing with other values (eg the resolution) does change things, so I guess it's hard-coded to cap out at 10, which doesn't seem great :/

Zephro fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 3, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the flamethrower getting nerfed/fixed/whatever is nice because maybe i'll have more an incentive to use the drakefire pistols now. or maybe even the drakefire trait. a world of crispy possibilities

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I feel like flamethrower is in a decent place with the change, it still straight murders hordes. However, it has a lot of drawbacks. It take several seconds uninterrupted to charge it, it's vulnerable to being interrupted if your allies don't watch your back, it does poo poo damage against anything beefier than fodder, and you have to give up all ability to effect more than 7 feet in front of you. I really like taking it on pyromancer since I still have her active for special sniping if my team is not in position to do so. I am wary of how it will be once I go up to FF enabled difficulties.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Zhulik posted:

I pub a lot, because I like this game more than my friends do. The only pubbie thing that annoys me is that I'm yet to see a single wh captain saltzpyre mark anything. Come on, man, that's like a third of your passive kit!

I've played most characters to at least 5, and so far my favorite by far is the stock saltzpyre, with merc kruber as close second. Something about the rapier and the halberd really clicks for me.

Saltzpyre doesn't have to be the one who marks stuff, the enemies just take extra damage when marked if Captain Saltzpyre is in the group. It's the same as how Ranger Bardin causes ammo to drop from specials even if he's not the one who kills them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Saltzpyre doesn't have to be the one who marks stuff, the enemies just take extra damage when marked if Captain Saltzpyre is in the group. It's the same as how Ranger Bardin causes ammo to drop from specials even if he's not the one who kills them.

THIS CHANGES A LOT

(Still mark everything, though.)

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
I'm level 10 with like 70 scraps and 6 gemcutting tools but no weapon parts. Is there something wrong with this or am I just really unlucky?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's nice when you're 75% through a mission with all the tomes and grims and then the host who's a grim holder dies and quits because getting nothing for the mission instead of slightly less stuff is cool

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man, I really thought I was killing the gently caress out of poo poo with the 2H hammer on the Dwarf, then the game ends and I had more shotgun kills than I did hammer kills. I want to love the 2H axe instead but drat if that doesn't get stuck in most mobs too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

toasterwarrior posted:

Man, I really thought I was killing the gently caress out of poo poo with the 2H hammer on the Dwarf, then the game ends and I had more shotgun kills than I did hammer kills. I want to love the 2H axe instead but drat if that doesn't get stuck in most mobs too.

If you were knocking them around a ton and damaging them, and still cleaning up with a shotgun, you were still doing really well.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Here's an idea: don't worry so much about kills and damage

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
...yeah but...bigger numbers...and also dismembering enemies...

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

A lot of the time the person with the most kills and damage is the one playing too aggressively that everyone else has to scramble to cover. It really says nothing about how good you are or how much you're helping your team.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

A lot of the time the person with the most kills and damage is the one playing too aggressively that everyone else has to scramble to cover. It really says nothing about how good you are or how much you're helping your team.

Speaking as the guy who frequently has the most kills and damage; oh god this is so true :gonk:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I haven't tested the other guns but I feel like Kruber's machine gun thing kills bosses just as fast as before the patch. The Ribsplitter fight took five seconds on champion lol.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If you get any Emperor or General boxes from Champion don't open them because they took Reds out of circulation for now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The Drakegun still feels great and they fixed the bug where you would always do a regular attack after the charged attack. Was already used to charging up before a horde. Still can play a whole level mainly using it. The new map kinda sucks. And the dwarf singing in the intro mission was great.

toasterwarrior posted:

2h axe on the dwarf is great, its an armored killer, the 2h hammer is a crowd control weapon and you will bounce off armor.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 3, 2018

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Oh, that's very good! Although, people don't mark enough just in general.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

The Drakegun still feels great and they fixed the bug where you would always do a regular attack after the charged attack. Was already used to charging up before a horde. Still can play a whole level mainly using it. The new map kinda sucks. And the dwarf singing in the intro mission was great.

I like the new map. It doesn't have any annoying sections like collecting barrels or shooting tumors and you can blow through it pretty quickly. Plus annihilating the boss in 3 seconds is always funny.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Now bosses get 2 attacks off against Kruber instead of one.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To be fair, I read that one of the elf classes can kill tanks just as fast, but not from ranged.

Given how annoying 3/4ths of the tanks are to fight it's probably by design that there are some classes that can kill them really fast if they have resources up.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah I feel like the group needs concrete answers for

--Control
--Bosskilling
--Can opening
--Special assassination
--Thinning waves, especially berserkers/monks

And every character can be specced to do some of all of it, but nobody can do even most--let alone all--of it with just one build.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Did they nerf the difficulty? Just played 2 games on veteran and there was like 2 hordes total in the entire maps.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
well kruber could up until this last patch at least, and at least on recruit Sienna does a REALLY good job at all of the above with the fireball staff and Pyromancer. her active can kill a rot-helm from clear across the map. it recharges really fast, is an automatic hit, and has insane range. for assassination and can-opening it cannot be beat. it's pretty crazy, but i just hit 10 with her last night so i dunno if that translates to vet or not.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
this new little tutorial is pretty neat

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

They really, really nailed it with the combination of the new engine and the combat feel. I'm still super new and not knowledgeable about the high end stuff, but loot feels way better as well. Definitely going to be playing a lot of this game and I hope I can convince some friends as well. Been real enjoyable playing with Goons.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Of course, the dude playing the elf is the one that goads the rest of the team into trying that big jump in the ruins level for the second grimoire. Of course he'll insist on getting it after most of us botch the jump, and of course the group wipes right after since everyone is wounded and prone to special ambush.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Remember to hold block before you start reviving, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's why I keep harping on getting back the "damage taken" stat. I know I kill a lot more with the falchion than rapier, but I also think I take a lot more damage. I don't want to be smug afterwards, I would legitimately want to see.

• Locked thread