Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
used a 10+1 myself, no 5's and the 4 was gaff :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

10+1 ticket got me Noctis #5, hopefully his 7* is good.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did anyone else's rookie quests reset? Free lapis so I ain't complaining, just surprised.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Did anyone else's rookie quests reset? Free lapis so I ain't complaining, just surprised.

It periodically happens to random people. No resets for me yet sadly.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Valth001 posted:

10+1 ticket got me Noctis #5, hopefully his 7* is good.

His 7* is good but his stmr isn’t very good.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Slack Motherfucker posted:

fyi your T. Terra can definitely solo the actual Battle with Aranea boss event thing. It takes loving forever, but all of my units died and she just kept on trucking. This is almost certainly a huge waste of time (she caps out at about 4-5% damage per round, and the boss spends a ton of time whiffing 10 attacks each round), but I thought it was pretty funny v:shobon:v

Bonus comedy: I first tried her with a 100% dodge 2B on a TM team that instantly exploded. Turns out Aranea (the boss) can give herself a dodge two attacks buff, entire rounds were just 2B and Aranea wiffing each other until I pulled the plug because it was taking too long :negative:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, my Fohlen isn't exactly a combat powerhouse, he's more of a provoke dodgetank. I had to use Butz's Trance Terra because I got about midway through her life bar with my Fohlen, taking nearly two thousand turns on auto.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The Eiko I have up can solo ELT and 1TKO Beatrix under a few conditions on your end:

- Need to buff MAG to some extent. If you have the Apollo Harp, give one of your units Equip Instrument either by the Ariana TMR you probably got back in November or you can get it from a Fat Chocobo. Failing that, use an Esper and cast Faith should do it.

- Need to escape every battle up to that unless you want to blow a lot of mana.

- Need to debuff SPR on Beatrix, I am using Chaos Grenade via Rikku's Pouch because I'm too lazy to level a Steiner, but you might have World Destroyer from the Robot Trial that would work too. I don't think Steiner's crappy break is enough, but his decent one(Stock Break) would be.

Still working on what to do about LGD but at least ELT is the less RNG way to grind this event.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 3, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Daily freebie gave me Trance Terra #2.

I'm pretty psyched about this one. I've always wanted to run those insane 3x Trance Terra teams I've watched vids on. Just gotta build up those black alcrysts again though. I just stockpiled a bunch in anticipation of Freyvia's enhancements too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I didn't realize CG Reagan has a 7* already in JP. How is it? My account has 2 Reagans so I imagine there's no reason not to make the 7* even though I don't play it much and thus lack the bajillion XP needed to max level him at 7*.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Just freed up three slots, so if anyone wants a serviceable Beatrix for this event, here ya go:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 pull gave me a Steiner. used5 tickets and got 4 junk pulls as well as Elfreeda #2. :toot:

...afterwards I realized I had spent the tickets on the generic banner and not the FFIX one. :downs:
(2nd marshall glove for Olive or FD VoF is better anyways)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Daily freebie was balthier. I got really close to enhancing Olive’s shattering shot to replace my Delita on my otko raid team. Now I have a more versatile version! He matches up pretty well with Onion Knights so even though I’ll probably never use him as a finisher I’ll get some use out of him.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Arisu, how do I use your Steiner? Just for the bonus or can he solo stuff too?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
He's not really strong enough to one round carry ELT, but he could work if you break breakers.

He's basically the best bonus unit I have for this event. If you want another unit for my friend unit though just let me know. I know he's pretty weak compared to what I usually have.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So is Leviathan 2 just an RNG fuckfest? Because throwing random infinite damage instakills or just spamming AoEs if he feels like it is reminding me badly of a certain halloween skeleton.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

HGH posted:

So is Leviathan 2 just an RNG fuckfest? Because throwing random infinite damage instakills or just spamming AoEs if he feels like it is reminding me badly of a certain halloween skeleton.

I did it with a beefy Mystea with the appropriate elemental resists (she even comes with aoe stop resist), a dodge/provoke Noctis, and Rikku for reraise/hypernullall.

Was pretty easy, didn't take much damage besides the non-elemental AoE and they were always atk/mag broken.

edit: I forgot about the bubbles attack but I always had Reraise up

Victis fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 4, 2018

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The RNG issue is just the Mow Down spam getting too much sometimes, but also this:

quote:

60% HP threshold: 10% chance of using Sealing Foam (max 1/turn).
If Sealing Foam is cast, Leviathan casts Bubbles of Rage on the next turn.

Bubbles of Rage: Magic damage (200x) to one enemy.
This thing has no element and just hits whoever (Mystea or Wilhelm) for 150K damage or so. And then my strategy sorta falls apart.

The wind thing is also nonelemental, but the water debuff by comparison, is just a matter of taking too much time.

quote:

After Leviathan has used Waterga 5 times, it uses Flood once.
After Leviathan has used Waterga + Flood a total of 7 times, it uses Surge, Raging Waters.
The turn after Surge, Raging Waters, Leviathan uses Ferocious Current.
The turn after Ferocious Current, Leviathan uses Tsunami.

Victis posted:

I did it with a beefy Mystea with the appropriate elemental resists (she even comes with aoe stop resist) and a dodge Noctis.

Was pretty easy, nothing did damage besides the wind thing. I think the only RNG is the water debuff maybe? No idea.

edit: you can break all stats on them too
Think I'm gonna pull out VoD and bring a friend Orlandeau then use enhanced Crush Weapon before chaining with the both of them then.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Mystea and reraise is required. Mystea is needed specifically for stop res and reraise will counter the death bubbles. Also use a water res buff on top of stacking mystea’s innate so tidal wave’s imperil doesnt kill her.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Yeah I edited a few things because I wasn't remembering the fight well. I did keep TGC/Noctis breaks up the whole time though. 2xTGC, Tilith, Rikku, Noct, Mystea.

I actually did it twice for completion's sake since I didn't cast enough spells the first time

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

HGH posted:

This thing has no element and just hits whoever (Mystea or Wilhelm) for 150K damage or so. And then my strategy sorta falls apart.

I used Basch for the magic cover and took a friend Ayaka to put reraise on him to cover for that move. I'm not sure how well Mystea tanks Leviathan's attacks since I don't have her but a source of reraise was crucial to keep things from falling apart after the magic tank dies to that attack.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

HGH posted:

Did it today with

Tidus evade unit + MP refresh, and water resist
iNichol - traffic cop
Ayaka
Silvia - break protection, ice buff, stop resist
Emperor - fire from the floor

Friend Trance Terra

I blew all my bonus cactaurs specifically for Silvia because some dude on YouTube told me so.

Had to continue at 16ish%

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For Leviathan 2 I just loaded up on damage, ate the wipe after the first turn, paid my 100 Lapis to re raise with all the limit and esper bars full and killed him with all quests on the 2nd turn. Felt it was a good investment.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

KDdidit posted:

For Leviathan 2 I just loaded up on damage, ate the wipe after the first turn, paid my 100 Lapis to re raise with all the limit and esper bars full and killed him with all quests on the 2nd turn. Felt it was a good investment.

This is the way. Tried the slow route, saw this post and went for alpha strike level damage. They can keep their stupid fire mega crysts.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Fountain of Lapis coming back, y’all.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Shame I have made a commitment to not spend another dime in this game...

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

BDawg posted:

Fountain of Lapis coming back, y’all.

:toot:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wait till they announce the price, gumi may try to pull a fast one...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So 1 Heavicryst completes either an Orlandu DV+1 or Aileen PD+1. Not certain of what I should choose.

I have a non-Awakened Piledriver Aileen and a fully awakened Agrias. The Aileen seems to be the most versatile because of equitable weapon choices and corresponding materia boosts...

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

after striking out on the doge and also my favorite FF game, I think i'm pretty well done with this pile of poo poo. If anybody wants to buy a stacked as gently caress account, I will sell it to the first person to give me $100. If you want to play that long, it is pretty well guaranteed to still be stacked all the way to 7 star, including being able to pop at least two STMRs immediately.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Huh, I hadn't considered trying to sell my FFBE account. May have to look into that.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Huh, I hadn't considered trying to sell my FFBE account. May have to look into that.

Same. If anyone knows anything about this, please share.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Mine is tied to my real FB account, so I am not even going to think of going that route.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gumi's secret plan revealed!

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

hagie posted:

Mine is tied to my real FB account, so I am not even going to think of going that route.

Oh right. That's a thing.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
You can get your FB account un-linked if you put in a support request. I’m not sure of the details of why they may not unlink it for you, but I’d just make up some “I’m deleting my account” excuse.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Livestream on youtube in an hour and change. Featuring:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
What I wouldn't give to see some of the older Final Fantasy characters added or bumped up to useful ranks over even more generics in themed costumes.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Is that an actual Lara Croft unit or Cosplay Amelia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Exvius Update video is out:

Raid Unit, two available:

Gacha Pulls:

(No one cares about you 5* max jerk)

According to video: Damage Mitigation, Reraise, Healing, SPR-based magic damage

According to video: CAN CHAIN WITH AILEEN PILEDRIVER+2 :siren:

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 5, 2018