Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Warning: Simon Kinberg says he's writing a Star Wars movie.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/warner-bros-sets-up-logans-run-with-hunger-games-writer-peter-craig-1202280867/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Zoran posted:

I do rather like the interpretation that Sheev genuinely was overwhelmed by Mace, but only because Mace was himself clearly channeling the dark side.

The novelization outright states both of these, I think. Mace and his VAAPAD :ninja:

Unsurprising. Kinberg's got some pretty deep ties at LFL (he co-produces Rebels) and is at least partly-responsible for Josh Trank getting kicked off the rumored Fett spin-off.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 3, 2018

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
One reason why I don’t wholeheartedly agree with the reading that Palpatine has everything 100% under control during the arrest attempt is that we see that he’s actually not close to omniscient or all-powerful. Particularly in TPM, he gets constantly surprised by the actions of the heroes. His true superpower is his ability to just roll with whatever happens and turn it to his advantage. So he very well might have underestimated Windu’s power. It didn’t matter, though, because he was able to use a loss in the fight to his own ends regardless.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Nah. Emperor plan all along was to get his face lookin like a zombie and his teeth melted.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

God, that makeup in ROTS was so loving bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ol’ Testicle Face Sheev

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Saw some stuff and some things at Bookmans Exchange in Mesa tonight.

Some stuff.......and some things.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
You bought that Prince Xizor v. Darth Vader, right?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo you guys, the whole point of that scene is basically that mace's fall to the dark side condemns both himself and anikin

like mace walks in with the intent to arrest sheeve, sheeve says "lol no i'm too powerful" which mace doesn't seem to believe. they fight and mace gets the upper hand and suddenly he starts saying the exact poo poo sheeve was saying to him infront of anakin

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Timby posted:

God, that makeup in ROTS was so loving bad.

I think they were trying to go for something like it was still fresh and so it hadn't wrinkled and flaked up like it looks in RotJ, but it just comes out looking like a bad halloween costume.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

JonathonSpectre posted:

You bought that Prince Xizor v. Darth Vader, right?

I should’ve, man.

I should’ve.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ian’s acting is so obviously Sheeeev putting on a show. He even does the one eye opened glancing at Anakin to see if he’s taking the bait
Like come on.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sheev lied

Jedied

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

“66 them Jedi burgers, Dex.”

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

One reason why I don’t wholeheartedly agree with the reading that Palpatine has everything 100% under control during the arrest attempt is that we see that he’s actually not close to omniscient or all-powerful. Particularly in TPM, he gets constantly surprised by the actions of the heroes. His true superpower is his ability to just roll with whatever happens and turn it to his advantage. So he very well might have underestimated Windu’s power. It didn’t matter, though, because he was able to use a loss in the fight to his own ends regardless.

The only thing he couldn't foresee was that Windu would cast aside his lightsaber, refusing to strike him down.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

UmOk posted:

Nah. Emperor plan all along was to get his face lookin like a zombie and his teeth melted.

Yeah, even the most masterful Sheev-scheme probably didn't involve him having to melt his own face. Sheev is losing while Anakin has chosen the Jedi, then when Anakin's faith in the Jedi falters and he comes back, Sheev's back in the game.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

That's his real face. The kindly old human was an illusion, like everything else about him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

Yeah, even the most masterful Sheev-scheme probably didn't involve him having to melt his own face.

Bullshit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, Sheev. What a dumb name

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The face change is visual language for the dropping of the facade and his transformation into the emperor. It's not literal. It didn't actually happen according to some biological rules.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is ripping off an art style even actionable?
https://www.facebook.com/busyish

quote:

Left the official posters of the next Star Wars (Disney), right the compiles for which I made the creation in 2015 for Sony Music France / Legacy Recordings France following the brief of the project leader Romain 'Rpiz' Pizon.
I am flattered that the quality of my work is recognized, but it is still pure and simple forgery, I have not been asked for my permission, I wish to be credited and paid for this work I have done for Sony!

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 3, 2018

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Will they ever realise that putting apostrophes in names is stupid.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I hope it's not pronounced Kira like everyone assumes and it's She-Ra with a K

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I wish I could go to the Auralnauts ep 6 screening in New York

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Dysgenesis posted:

Will they ever realise that putting apostrophes in names is stupid.

There are apostrophes in names in real life, jerk. :mad:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ingmar terdman posted:

I hope it's not pronounced Kira like everyone assumes and it's She-Ra with a K

It’s “Ki-[click]-ra”.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I wish I could go to the Auralnauts ep 6 screening in New York

:same:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The MSJ posted:

It’s “Ki-[click]-ra”.

Its "Ki-[Cash Register Cha Ching Sound]-ra"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Why does Palpatine say Unlimited Power? I'll even accept an answer from SuperMechagodzilla

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

Is ripping off an art style even actionable?
https://www.facebook.com/busyish

:stare:

If you needed any more proof Disney is creatively bankrupt, here it is.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Why does Palpatine say Unlimited Power? I'll even accept an answer from SuperMechagodzilla

He's hamming it up because his plans have finally succeeded. Anakin's intervention is the final tipping point in the rise of the Empire. He has unlimited [executive, judicial, and legislative] power.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

He's saying to Anakin "Look how much power the Dark Side brings!" in an aim to create a big climatic display of might so as to erase any lingering doubts in Anakins mind.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

He's having an orgasm.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

viral spiral posted:

:stare:

If you needed any more proof Disney is creatively bankrupt, here it is.

I thought Lucasfilm made the posters.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ungulateman posted:

He's hamming it up because his plans have finally succeeded. Anakin's intervention is the final tipping point in the rise of the Empire. He has unlimited [executive, judicial, and legislative] power.

Yep.

It can be any of these, and maybe all of them.

A victory cry, a exultative scream, a demonstration to Anakin, a gloating taunt/mockery to Mace... It's Palpatine basically shouting that he's got everything he's ever desired and he's relishing in being able to show it off. It's his "I'm the King of the World!" moment.

I mean, he's been playing fourth-dimension chess right under the noses of the Jedi Order, and they found out only when it was too late to do anything about it (and they shot themselves in the foot, even!) I'd be having a good crazy lightning-blasting gloat about it, too.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Putting a brightly coloured image inside words seems like a pretty simple idea that multiple people could have tbh.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Putting a brightly coloured image inside words seems like a pretty simple idea that multiple people could have tbh.

minus the chewie one being a little off it's the exact same color scheme

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Irony Be My Shield posted:

And the "retro" paper underneath? And as Entropy said - the exact same colour scheme? Too much cribbed for it to be an accident.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Three of them are similar in colour while the other one obviously isn't. There's a whole bunch of these CDs so it doesn't seem that unlikely you could find a vague match for 3/4 colours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

no one has made a shop with JIZZ yet. this forum really is maturing