Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Settle down, Beavis.

For content, Epcot was great yesterday. Small crowds all morning, beautiful weather. Try the chilaquiles in Mexico. They’re loving amazing.

The macaron on a stick in France is top tier, as was the duck confit. So tender.

Tried a citrus swirl in MK. As a big orange juice drinker, I was disappointed. Dole Whips still reign supreme.

Disney Springs is quickly becoming as much of a destination for the wife and I as the parks proper. So much to do and see. Great food. Enzo & Maria’s was awesome and cheap-ish.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It's not rapey, sex trafficking, or whatever other idiot sjw terms happen because guess what: the women are never shown actually auctioned. For all we know, the auctioneer is the redhead's mate and the girls make off with cash after they're "auctioned", run off in the night and disappear to go get "auctioned" somewhere else. It's the kind of poo poo Disney would write in.

:goonsay:

Always wanted to use that smiley! Also if you consider “rapey” and “sex trafficking” to be “idiotic sjw terms” you’re probably a massive piece of poo poo. HTH.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 3, 2018

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
What a needlessly aggressive post.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This little rear end in a top hat of a kid.

"You want ice cream?"

"Yeah"

"Then you better sit back and behave"

*screams as loud as possible*

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

chitoryu12 posted:

"You want ice cream?"

"Yeah"

Hahah, that’s awful. No thanks. People can keep their kids and I’ll enjoy all the ice cream I want (which is a moderate amount consistent with a generally healthy diet)

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

chitoryu12 posted:

"You want ice cream?"

"Yeah"

We didn't see a few things on our first visit - some areas we wanted to spend more time in, some attractions down for refurb, that sort of thing - but the one thing we really missed was a child having a complete, utter meltdown. It just feels like a part of the Disney experience we weren't lucky enough to enjoy (from afar) :(

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I enjoy parent meltdowns more. I see at least one of those every trip.

Once saw a guy walking no less than five children under five and yelling at them. I turned back to see the commotion and he yelled “Can I help you?!” at me.

I turned my head back, and kept walking with a :stare: look on my face.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

chitoryu12 posted:

"You want ice cream?"

"Yeah"

Just give the kid the ice cream, for gently caress sake. You're marching around for miles in the heat and nobody is having a great time.

edit: Heat today isn't bad but this is a very common scene is it not?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I don't know. My last trip was with young children and there was a fair bit of complaining and one major, major meltdown. I'll be avoiding that kind of thing if I can this trip.

Speaking of, I'm headed down in a few days oh my God!!! :neckbeard::rock::sparkles:

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

At MK and it’s stupid crowded. Haunted Mansion broke down right before we got on, Peoplemover broke down and people had to walk on the tracks, Space is down, no Pirates and lots and lots of angry people. One lady was yelling bloody murder at a woman who bumped into her ankle with the stroller. Couldn’t even move around Small World the lines were backed up and blocking th path

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It's not rapey, sex trafficking, or whatever other idiot sjw terms happen because guess what: the women are never shown actually auctioned. For all we know, the auctioneer is the redhead's mate and the girls make off with cash after they're "auctioned", run off in the night and disappear to go get "auctioned" somewhere else. It's the kind of poo poo Disney would write in.

We see an auction. I'm not an "apologist". I love PoC and I loved that scene. I'm sorry to see it go because it was a great scene. And no I don't care about the impact! it could make! on sex trafficking in the real world! because it's a goddamn ride in a theme park.

You wanna talk about all the sjw problematic poo poo in Magic Kingdom? All the parks? Because I'll beat you over the head with it until the only words that come out of your mouth are "I'm sorry". You can't care this much about this dumbass poo poo because if you do you start remembering that Jungle Cruise's literal black (most people would consider them pretty "blackface") natives go UNGABUNGA and make those kinds of noises, or that mad tea party literally makes fun of mental illness, or so on and so forth.

For real if you want a list I can shut you people up about PoC's now tragically dead scene because there is 900000000000 times worse when you start prying this poo poo apart. The best thing you can do is Not Do That and enjoy the fact that the irish kids in small world are clearly celebrating st patrick's day and aren't a terrible stereotype. (hinthint: everything is a stereotype)

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

nimper posted:

edit: Heat today isn't bad

Yeah no clue what's going on with Florida but it's going to be a cool week dipping all the way down to 37 degrees next Friday. Anyone coming this week will have an awesome time.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I understand where fluffy bunnies is coming from when you realize there’s a ride dedicated to a movie that is literally too racist for release lol

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Quixotic1 posted:

Listen not everyone's Mimas can handle crotch-rocketing a banshee and sticking their head into a 3d screen. Boat road is just right for them; it always made me sad when we would split the group up and leave granny on a bench with some people to keep her company cause she can't handle them extreme E ticket rides. We need more omni mover riders dang it, or Tokyo Disney tractless Pooh like rides.

Boat rides are fine. River Journey is too short, I don’t connect with the IP, and the wow factor of the tech doesn’t overcome those problems. I’ll ride it again next time I’m there and see if i like it better.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

I understand where fluffy bunnies is coming from when you realize there’s a ride dedicated to a movie that is literally too racist for release lol

Sure, but is that because he beat you over the head with it until you said "I'm sorry"? :lol:

Thinking of doing Trader Sams for my birthday next Saturday, anyone around and want to have a meetup?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pththya-lyi posted:

Sir, this is Pecos Bill’s.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

Sir, I just sell popcorn and Mickey bars. Guest Services is in Town Hall.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Bottom Liner posted:

Sure, but is that because he beat you over the head with it until you said "I'm sorry"? :lol:

Thinking of doing Trader Sams for my birthday next Saturday, anyone around and want to have a meetup?

Can be talked into Trader Sams

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cool I’ll post again sometime this week once I know if the wife already made birthday plans for me.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

:goonsay:

Always wanted to use that smiley! Also if you consider “rapey” and “sex trafficking” to be “idiotic sjw terms” you’re probably a massive piece of poo poo. HTH.

calling a theme park ride "rapey" and saying it supports "sex trafficking" is pretty idiotically sjw, yes. because it is a theme park ride about goofy poo poo. Again. If you want some kind of list of all the sjwy poo poo you can complain about at wdw, hit me up. It's huge and that now-dead scene is definitely one of the lesser ones.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Sir, this is Be Our Guest.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Stuff like that, basically. Off the top of my head just in Magic Kingdom are the "natives" at Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain's themeing, the complete lack of diversity in CoP, the pig fucker in Pirates and the sheer existence of Pocahontas and Esmerelda. like Fantasmic literally plays Savages :lol:

If you're gonna get upset about the redhead scene, all I'm saying is you're gonna have a huge list of other poo poo to complain about too if you're gonna be fair, Bottom Liner. And ultimately it's not worth it. They're rides.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And ultimately it's not worth it. They're rides.

you said it yourself

to be clear here, we were all just pointing out why disney was in the right to change the scene and mocking the people on Disboards or where ever that were protesting and acting exactly like you were. Sure there's more that could be done to make things more inclusive but being mad about one thing being changed just because they have more that could be offensive is pretty nuts and being so hyper aggressive about anyone that says it should be changed like you were is also pretty nuts.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 4, 2018

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm sure that that scene existing right now was definitely impacting real life in any way at all and that's why it needed to be changed. except the opposite of what I just said.

which is why it's dumb and pandering to change it now after 46 and a half years of it being there.

E: I also like how two of you folks think I'm being "hyper aggressive". am I on cuddles and kisses instead of something awful?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yes, Disney pandering to all the little girls who might want to see a female pirate and think it's cool just like boys have been able to do for 50 years instead of women being sold as property. How dare they. Your point seems to be that you know the things could be offensive but that it's not worth changing because :effort: which is dumb as gently caress dude, and calling everyone who is ok with the change and understands it an idiotic SJW doesn't help your case. But nice meltdown in what is generally the most chill thread on these forums.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Yes, Disney pandering to all the little girls who might want to see a female pirate and think it's cool just like boys have been able to do for 50 years instead of women being sold as property. How dare they. Your point seems to be that you know the things could be offensive but that it's not worth changing because :effort: which is dumb as gently caress dude, and calling everyone who is ok with the change and understands it an idiotic SJW doesn't help your case. But nice meltdown in what is generally the most chill thread on these forums.

I mean you sure are having one, yes. Like you are going way out of your way to be offended over a theme park ride in a theme park that glorifies the hell out of women of all different shades and ideals.

Or are the disney princesses some sort of terrible thing that you think needs to go away too because you sure seem the type.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I mean you sure are having one, yes. Like you are going way out of your way to be offended over a theme park ride in a theme park that glorifies the hell out of women of all different shades and ideals.

Or are the disney princesses some sort of terrible thing that you think needs to go away too because you sure seem the type.
:raise: go have a dole whip dude

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

:raise: go have a dole whip dude

so that's what's wrong with you.

you don't recognize that citrus swirl is the superior item.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

MODS?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

so that's what's wrong with you.

you don't recognize that citrus swirl is the superior item.

Citrus Swirl loving sucked. I was so disappointed.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Reinanigans posted:

Citrus Swirl loving sucked. I was so disappointed.

dole whip tastes like the saddest, wettest diaper.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

dole whip tastes like the saddest, wettest diaper.

You are a strange, sad little man.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

A full accounting of rides that closed down yesterday: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Peoplemover, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise. And Pirates is closed for scene changes. That’s a lot of people on fewer rides. We were given a paper fastpass by our waitress at Skipper Canteen and we used it at Jungle Cruise, tooo us 30 minutes

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
There must have been a lot of magic sprinkled all over the place to handle that mess.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Omne posted:

A full accounting of rides that closed down yesterday: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Peoplemover, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise. And Pirates is closed for scene changes. That’s a lot of people on fewer rides. We were given a paper fastpass by our waitress at Skipper Canteen and we used it at Jungle Cruise, tooo us 30 minutes

7DMT kept discovering poison apples a Lot last week. The parks might be able to take the population but I honestly wonder sometimes if the rides can cope as well as they think they can.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Omne posted:

Jungle Cruise is a terrible place to use an extra fastpass, because they issue too many regular fastpasses and it also is the clear recovery option for any ride nearby, like Pirates, Splash and Thunder. Almost always a 20-30 minute wait for fastpass. It's awful (especially if you have to merge it and get yelled at by the 60 minute standby line. I'm not bitter)

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Is there a specific ratio for the merge for each individual ride (FP/standby) or is it an average 15-25:5 type of thing? I know each ride has it's own capacity/hr but I always wondered when I would be bored in line near the merge points.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Nytimes has some hot recent takes on Disney stuff:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/06/travel/disney-springs-florida-restaurants.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/05/travel/disney-cruise-magic-bahamas.html

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Anya posted:

Is there a specific ratio for the merge for each individual ride (FP/standby) or is it an average 15-25:5 type of thing? I know each ride has it's own capacity/hr but I always wondered when I would be bored in line near the merge points.

There’s a couple of different phases, with 90:10 being the “oh poo poo” button. I wanna say the other two are 80:10 and 70:10 but when I was Attractions we didn’t have a fast pass so I never had to worry about it.

It’s pretty much standard across all rides, from what I remember.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

“Everything is enchanting and horrifying”

New thread title plz tia

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

I had my heart set on staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian Village inside Disney World, but both were sold out (word to the Disney-wise: plan way, way ahead).
yep

quote:

I wanted to ride Animal Kingdom’s “Avatar Flight of Passage,” eat a churro and pay whatever I needed to do that, and fast. My experience, instead: 30 minutes of waiting in line at guest services to try to give them money because the box office was closed; giving up and moving to another guest relations line just inside the park; and encountering an aghast attendant who demanded I rat out the name of the “cast member” who had let me onto park grounds (I didn’t) and then refused to speak to me until I went back outside the entrance to the slow-moving line I had just left. I opted to not wait around again to spend $120 to go to another park and possibly get yelled at again.
imagine her horror had she actually queued for flight of passage

I stand by what I said before about how the parks are unfriendly to the uninitiated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
It’s one thing to be unprepared outright for Disney as a random guest who’s never gone before, but you’d think someone planning on writing an article about Disney would know to plan a bit in advance?