Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I lost my poo poo at one of the symptoms of rap-ification being a sudden appreciation for the movie Scarface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/961670282703458304

this is loving incredible

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Is this thing being translated by anyone?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Apparently it's called "Da Rapper Bites And Becomes A Rapper" by Teikoku Inka

I want a translated version so bad... Guess translation must be hell though what with the actual rapping and such

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I just read through Grand Blue and, like, it's extremely funny and I laughed a lot, but it just feels kind of weird to see Inoue Kenji's style of humor applied to drinking and more college life things.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This manga about radio broadcasting just had a shitload of chapters dropped at once and it's extremely good:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nami-yo-Kiite-Kure

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

nerdz posted:

This manga about radio broadcasting just had a shitload of chapters dropped at once and it's extremely good:

I'm immediately regretting searching that mangaka on google images

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 3, 2018

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
It's the Blade of the Immortal guy.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

I love the adventures of human trainwreck woman.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Grand Blue is getting an anime.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I'm immediately regretting searching that mangaka on google images

haha yeah samura is horny for some real hosed up poo poo

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

While I'm still a bit worried about how things will turn out, this is pretty good.

Also, speaking of Grand Blue, you can now read it on CR! I wish Kodansha would just throw up the back issues too, but Simulpub is good enough for me.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

They should be careful with that imagery, people might think this is an anime about diving.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
New Bungou Stray Dogs is up: https://imgur.com/a/MHLxd

I wonder which organization the fifth Hunting Dog is infiltrating, and under what alias. Obvious possibilities:

• The Armed Detective Agency, in which case it's probably Naomi.
  • The Port Mafia, in which case it's probably the last unrevealed executive.
  • The Decay of Angels/Rats in the House of the Dead, in which case it's probably one of the unrevealed Decay members.
  • The Order of the Clock Tower is less likely, since they're UK-based. No idea what name it would be under; Kazuo Ishiguro is the only major ethnically Japanese British writer I can think of, and he's still alive.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

nerdz posted:

Just finished reading what's up. This story is loving awesome. Especially the latest chapter, when Nanba NETWORKS WITH HOKAKUSHI AND EXCHANGES NUMBERS like I literally yelled at what a loving pro careerist move that is. She'll go far!!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Russian Mary game in the new Grand blue seems fun

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mirage posted:

They should be careful with that imagery, people might think this is an anime about diving.

Just look at all these sponsors though!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

nerdz posted:

I will confirm that this manga is, in fact, absolutely amazing. Doubly so because I had only recently finished Blade of the Immortal. And now I've run out of pages. Man, I hope it gets translated further.

I still kinda think it's 50/50 that the whole cult thing will turn EXTREMELY whacky soon, even more so, and it'll turn out the whole thing is actually the incredibly exaggerated radio version they later came up with, except for some key events. Mostly because they were actually THAT loving bored looking at an abandoned town. I mean, com'on, even the hotsprings girl suddenly shows up

Could go either way, really

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Just look at all these sponsors though!

i'm assuming those are all brands of beer, especially the ones that explicitly say "diving"

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Diving, unlike curling, is not a sport you should do drunk.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Torquemadras posted:

I will confirm that this manga is, in fact, absolutely amazing. Doubly so because I had only recently finished Blade of the Immortal. And now I've run out of pages. Man, I hope it gets translated further.

I still kinda think it's 50/50 that the whole cult thing will turn EXTREMELY whacky soon, even more so, and it'll turn out the whole thing is actually the incredibly exaggerated radio version they later came up with, except for some key events. Mostly because they were actually THAT loving bored looking at an abandoned town. I mean, com'on, even the hotsprings girl suddenly shows up

Could go either way, really

I think it's one of the Kodansha titles being simulpublished on Crunchyroll, so that may be of interest for you. It definitely looks interesting, so I may check it out at some point too.

As for Grand Blue, the last few chapters, including the omake (41.5 I believe) are still going strong. Having PAB meet up with Busujima, her friends and the tennis club on the island has provided some great stuff. I am wondering how Inoue will handle any potential romance between Iori and one of the other characters, but as long as the humor continues to be so consistently good I'm not too worried.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i'm assuming those are all brands of beer, especially the ones that explicitly say "diving"

PADI is the world's top diving licenser (and the largest in Japan specifically), and a lot of the tips and techniques demonstrated in GB follow their training protocols, dunno about the other brands.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm pretty sure Olympus make cameras and I'd wager they make underwater ones too.

I can't figure out what "Marina Diving" and "DIVER" are about though. Is this a diving manga?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a little diving, but mostly it's about male bonding via alcohol, and by bonding i mean endlessly loving each other over.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I know. I was trying to be funny but it didn't work. I am ashamed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rodyle posted:

PADI is the world's top diving licenser (and the largest in Japan specifically), and a lot of the tips and techniques demonstrated in GB follow their training protocols, dunno about the other brands.

what does that have to do with beer though

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's a little diving, but mostly it's about male bonding via alcohol, and by bonding i mean endlessly loving each other

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Foxhound posted:

I know. I was trying to be funny but it didn't work. I am ashamed.

I respect that.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
If this thread had a soundtrack it would be WHOOSH

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Biomega is crazy. I wonder if I like it even better than Blame.

Shame he can only draw one face...

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
it's ok because faces are usually under masks in biomega

it really makes me sad his stories and art took a nosedive starting with sidonia

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yeah I bounced off Sidonia. It put me off him for a few years until I went back and read Blame. The combination of scale and detail in Blame and Biomega is incredible. The minimal dialogue in blame was pretty refreshing, although it seems like there's a trend towards more dialogue if I remember Sidonia correctly.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

Yeah I bounced off Sidonia. It put me off him for a few years until I went back and read Blame. The combination of scale and detail in Blame and Biomega is incredible. The minimal dialogue in blame was pretty refreshing, although it seems like there's a trend towards more dialogue if I remember Sidonia correctly.

I had a lot of fun with the Sidonia anime but some stuff can be super off-putting like when you instantly realise "humans photosynthesise now" is an excuse for naked scenes. The anime did horror really well and the mech fights could be super fun but the characters were a bit meh for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was a transhumanist high school love comedy

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
sidonia felt like it couldn't commit to its cooler themes, instead playing it safe and merely riffing on its shallowest portions

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sidonia is fantastic. I like Nihei's more somber and serious stuff but the contrast between that and high school romcom was hilarious.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
APOSIMZ is just boring :(

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sindai posted:

Sidonia is fantastic. I like Nihei's more somber and serious stuff but the contrast between that and high school romcom was hilarious.

Empty quoting without shame.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I’m okay with the comedy, but when they resolved the plot by just killing poo poo, when many options were on the table, was a letdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also sidonia has the best romance